The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: receiving green card & SS# when?  (Read 1290 times)

Offline 2 Cats

• Trips: 1-5
receiving green card & SS# when?
« on: November 02, 2015, 07:38:51 AM »
Wife was told in Moscow embassy after she was given US visa that she would receive GC & SS# in the mail at her new US address. This was the 24th of Sept. and she arrived here 17th of Oct.,... we have not received GC or SS#. We went to SS office and they said when we receive GC come back and they will issue SS#. This was Oct. 29th.
   Can anyone explain how this works, we have gotten conflicting information from various sources.   
Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. (Roosevelt, i believe)

Offline yankee

Re: receiving green card & SS# when?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 07:43:30 AM »
Wife was told in Moscow embassy after she was given US visa that she would receive GC & SS# in the mail at her new US address. This was the 24th of Sept. and she arrived here 17th of Oct.,... we have not received GC or SS#. We went to SS office and they said when we receive GC come back and they will issue SS#. This was Oct. 29th.
   Can anyone explain how this works, we have gotten conflicting information from various sources.

It took about 6 months for my wife to get her GC.  I suggest you get an imigration lawyer.  the info the SS office may be in error.  My wife got her SS before her GC.
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?