The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Russian Airliner crashed in Egypt  (Read 15759 times)

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
Re: Russian Airliner crashed in Egypt
« Reply #125 on: November 23, 2015, 02:56:55 AM »
Jew = Israel = nuff said.....
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline Tom Cat

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #126 on: December 14, 2015, 02:55:39 PM »

Egypt: No evidence of terrorism so far in Russian passenger jet crash

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/14/world/egypt-russian-jet-crash-investigation/
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline Manny

« Reply #127 on: December 14, 2015, 03:02:17 PM »

The BBC was pushing this line today. Its pro-Muslim propaganda (big here now with the Mobyites - "you ain't no Muslim bruv" et al). They perhaps overlooked that the Muslims filmed it as it was going down and admitted it already. Even boasting how and where the bomb was.  :-\
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #128 on: December 14, 2015, 10:34:19 PM »

The BBC was pushing this line today. Its pro-Muslim propaganda (big here now with the Mobyites - "you ain't no Muslim bruv" et al). They perhaps overlooked that the Muslims filmed it as it was going down and admitted it already. Even boasting how and where the bomb was.  :-\

1/ the BBC were 'pushing' the line that is was a terrorist act and the UK govt. were the first bring folks home - sans luggage... so 'pushing' is an adjective you are applying to suggest an 'agenda' that doesn't exist.

2/ 'Rebels' announced they had a BUK system and would use it and two UA planes had already been hit before mh17 - then there was LIFE NEWS on the scene and the claims by Girkin - hastily removed - that they had shot down' another the AN-26'...then most RU news sources also repeated the claim for nearly one hour ...

So based on your 'analysis' ...

3/ 'mobyites' know that terrorists getting found - before the act - is mainly down to families and friends reporting to the authorities and one can surely get' that polarisation of ethnicities is EXACTLY what the terrorist want.....

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #129 on: February 11, 2016, 03:02:49 PM »
Is Putin trying to blame Turkey for downing Metrojet flight 9268 from Sharm el-Sheikh to St Petersburg? From the article:

Feb. 01--Turkish radical militants loyal to the Islamic State group may be behind the downing of a Russian passenger plane in Egypt last October, according to a report by leading Russian daily Kommersant's website.

"The Russian Federal Security Service believes that the Turkish radical nationalist organization Grey Wolves, linked to the Islamic State terrorist group and operating in many Arab countries, including Egypt, could have been linked to the explosion of the Russian airliner," the paper said on Monday citing an FSB source.

The Grey Wolves had links with IS, the terror group that claimed responsibility for blowing up Metrojet flight 9268 from Sharm el-Sheikh to St Petersburg 20 minutes after it took off on 31 October killing everyone on board, according to the source.

The source provided no evidence to back up the claims, which come at a time of heightened tensions between the two Black Sea neighbours after the Turkish airforce shot down a Russian jet over northern Syria in November, claiming the Russian aircraft had violated its air space.

Last week a pro-Kremlin tabloid claimed the man suspected of planting the bomb, a former baggage hander at Sharm el-Sheikh, had last been seen in Turkey.

The bombing was Russia's worst ever aviation disaster and its worst terror attack since the 2004 Belsan school siege. Russia and other Western countries halted flights to the city following the catastrophe, adding to the woes of Egypt's struggling tourism sector.

The Grey Wolves are a Turkish ultra-nationalist organisation established in the 1960s. Their alleged death squads murdered left-wing and liberal activists and intellectuals, as well as staging the attempt on Pope John Paul II's life in 1981.

http://www.aviationpros.com/news/12164906/russian-report-radical-turkish-group-behind-russian-airliner-bombing

It is important to remember that Kommersant is not a Kremlin owned and operated publication however it is owned by Alisher Usmanov one of the richest men in Russia and in the top 50 richest men in the world. He is said to have close ties to Putin through his wife, Irina Viner-Usmanova, who introduced Putin to his current lover, Alina Kabaeva. In addition, Usmanov is a close friend of fellow Russian billionaire, Roman Abramovich, who most definitely is a close friend of Putin.

Is this is simply a case of a very rich Russian businessman blaming everything bad that happens to Russia on Turkey because Turkey shot down a Russian fighter jet? Or is Putin using Kommersant to float the idea of blaming Turkey for shooting down the Metrojet flight to further hurt Turkey and harm their economy and maybe more?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alisher_Usmanov

andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

That means I'm a subject matter expert on all things Russia, Ukraine and UK.

Offline Manny

« Reply #130 on: February 11, 2016, 05:22:01 PM »
Or maybe it was:

Turkish radical militants loyal to the Islamic State group

Did you consider that it may simply be as stated in between the anti-Russian foaming at the mouth?
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #131 on: February 11, 2016, 05:40:15 PM »
Or maybe it was:

Turkish radical militants loyal to the Islamic State group

Did you consider that it may simply be as stated in between the anti-Russian foaming at the mouth?

If there was any evidence of ties to the Turkish militants than why wasn't that evidence presented? Zero evidence means zero truth. ISIS readily claimed credit and posted evidence of their attack. No mention of Turkish militants who have no problems claiming credit for other actions.

Why wasn't this mentioned in RT or Tass or Sputnik, all official Kremlin agencies?

andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

That means I'm a subject matter expert on all things Russia, Ukraine and UK.

Offline Manny

« Reply #132 on: February 12, 2016, 01:03:33 AM »
Zero evidence means zero truth.

Rather like the "invasion" of Ukraine, Russian "aggression" in Estonia and elections in Crimea held at "gunpoint" then?

Offline leslied

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #133 on: February 12, 2016, 01:17:38 AM »

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #134 on: February 12, 2016, 01:42:48 AM »
Or like this "News" story -

https://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit/2016/02/11/putin-threatening-wwiii-over-turkey/

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Some people really do write a load of bullsh1t.

Must be one of Moby's relatives.

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #135 on: February 12, 2016, 01:51:28 AM »

Rather like the "invasion" of Ukraine,
Which is exactly what 100 nations at the UN concluded and it would be illegal.save for Russian vetoing a The UN Security Council....

Just a little reality check....
Russian "aggression" in Estonia

No need to run prime time TV articles suggesting the Baltic States exit from the Soviet Union was being investigated by the Prosecutor General, right ?!

and elections in Crimea held at "gunpoint" then?

A LOT more guns than for the Scottish Referendum....and no need to 'remove' the forces of the nation were the referendum was held,  either ?!...

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #136 on: August 04, 2016, 07:55:32 PM »
Egypt says kills leader of ISIS Sinai branch suspected of downing Russian plane

https://www.rt.com/news/354643-egypt-isis-sinai-leader/
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Hero Member
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #137 on: January 13, 2019, 11:00:12 PM »
Tonight I caught a new episode of 'Air Disasters' (also branded as 'Mayday') entitled "Terror Over Egypt." This episode featured the crash investigation of Metrojet flight 9268 which crashed in Egypt on October 31st, 2015, killing all 224 souls on board (mostly Russian).

I love these shows because you learn so much from the investigators' techniques. After ruling out mechanical failure (fuel tank explosion), pilot error and a missile strike scenario, they were able to determine that a small explosive device planted in the cargo hold was the cause of the aircraft's in-flight breakup and subsequent crash. By listening to the CVR tape and measuring the time between the shock wave and the sound wave (generated by the explosion) they could even tell approximately where the bomb had been placed in the fuselage.

Turns out that one of the luggage handlers employed by Sharm El Sheikh airport had ties (through a family member) to a known terrorist organization (ISIS) and was most likely the source of the planted explosive.

What an awful deed. It's tragic enough when the cause of a crash is accidental, but to be the result of such hatred... very sad.
"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #138 on: January 14, 2019, 03:10:02 AM »
Just think what we could've learned about 117 if the black boxes were available!

Whoops, they are but held in secret.  :'(
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Hero Member
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #139 on: January 14, 2019, 10:43:10 AM »
Just think what we could've learned about 117 if the black boxes were available!

Yes, quite true... many secrets within aviation circles.

TWA 800 is another example of the same. 

"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #140 on: January 14, 2019, 10:49:10 AM »

Yes, quite true... many secrets within aviation circles.

TWA 800 is another example of the same.

Given that we know two things as fact: The boxes were safely recovered and they are in the hands of parties to the investigation, then we can draw a safe inference: the data on the recorders does not substantiate the conclusions presented by the 'investigations' into the incident. As we see from the incident you related above, there's a lot of detail to be drawn from an intact flight recorder.

Offline Wiz

« Reply #141 on: January 14, 2019, 05:42:47 PM »

Conspiracy theorist protecting the Porky Gov?

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Online Texan77

« Reply #142 on: January 16, 2019, 06:51:29 PM »
MH-17 recorder was turned over to Malaysia who sent it to the UK where the British government decoded it. Then it was sent to the Dutch. A transcript of what was on the recording has been made available and can be seen  on this web page.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/09/09/mh17-crash-malaysia-airlines-black-box-recorders_n_5789224.html?
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Wiz

« Reply #143 on: January 17, 2019, 04:28:06 AM »
MH-17 recorder was turned over to Malaysia who sent it to the UK where the British government decoded it. Then it was sent to the Dutch. A transcript of what was on the recording has been made available and can be seen  on this web page.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/09/09/mh17-crash-malaysia-airlines-black-box-recorders_n_5789224.html?

The article you pointed out is very old, dated 09 + update 11/09/2014, and the black box from MH-17 after examination by the Brits is in the hand of the Dutch investigating team.

From the article:

The plane had been informed that it should not fly below 32,000 feet as the area was restricted airspace due to the hostilities between pro-Russian separatists and Ukrainian forces. At the time of the explosion, MH17 was flying in unrestricted space at 33,000 feet, on the approved route and altitude."

I can't read any of the above on the transcript of the flight recorder....... can you help me?

Even so if we take that the information supplied is correct then.... the Ukrainian ATC is still responsible for the instructions..... given to MH-17. and any other flight at the area.

They should not divert the flight over "the restricted airspace due to the hostilities between pro-Russian separatists and Ukrainian forces."

1) What ever they say and bring out, on one of my earlier posts, I posted the view of a German solicitor who said that the KIEV GOV and ATC are responsible for the safety of the UKR airspace.

2) Nearly 5 years down the line and no concrete results. Why the Ukraine Gov is allowed to participate in the investigation and not the Russians?

3) Has the NSA and the US Government offered any information about the flight and if Not why not?
On the Echelon post that I made it's very clear that the NSA can hear and see everything around the world even when Putin or Trump are farting ...... they mark it down. VTime...00.00

Can anybody give me some decent explanation why this case, after 5 years, has not been resolved, as also .. neither the other MH flight that disappeared?

Don't tell me that the USA and The Brits know nothing ..........  if I remember well it was the Ex PM Cameron who informed Putin, next day in a phone call, who were the culprits, so we saw no action taken against the ISIS terrorists in Sinai, by the Russians. Maybe they are still looking for the vanished baggage handler.  ???

tiphat

Do I smell the air and posting on this board it's clearer.... the past few days?  ;D
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #144 on: January 17, 2019, 07:40:38 AM »
As we know, the voice recorder is only a part of the data on the black boxes and is probably not even the most useful - for insight see the previous posts in this thread. Transcripts of voice data mean very little, it is hardly as though the already dead pilots will have been able to identify the type, number and direction of their attackers because... dead.

The voice transcripts can really only talk about the management of the flight and, in context, that will seem to have been pretty normal. The plane should not have been where it was but the plan had been accepted and was being implemented so nothing unusual would be expected.

Online Texan77

« Reply #145 on: January 17, 2019, 08:49:40 AM »
As we know, the voice recorder is only a part of the data on the black boxes and is probably not even the most useful - for insight see the previous posts in this thread. Transcripts of voice data mean very little, it is hardly as though the already dead pilots will have been able to identify the type, number and direction of their attackers because... dead.

The voice transcripts can really only talk about the management of the flight and, in context, that will seem to have been pretty normal. The plane should not have been where it was but the plan had been accepted and was being implemented so nothing unusual would be expected.

The plane was likely on auto pilot and the pilots likely died nearly insanely. What do you expect to find that would tell who shot the plane down from the other black box? That is why I posted it was because you implied the black boxes were being kept secrete cover up what really happened in your post. The black boxes do nothing to tell who shot down the plane and it is likely the pilots never knew who shot them down. The only thing we get from the black boxes is the flight ended very suddenly.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #146 on: January 17, 2019, 09:23:04 AM »
Texan, I think that there's some knowledge missing from your 'analysis'. Data recorders do much more than record voices. As I made clear in my post above, and you just echoed, the pilots would have had nothing useful to say. The important material, the telemetry data, has not been made public.

You and probably many others in your situation have been fooled by the voice recording publication. In the context of the investigation that information is almost entirely irrelevant - again, see my post above to understand why.

Offline Wiz

« Reply #147 on: January 17, 2019, 10:02:17 AM »
Texan, I think that there's some knowledge missing from your 'analysis'. Data recorders do much more than record voices. As I made clear in my post above, and you just echoed, the pilots would have had nothing useful to say. The important material, the telemetry data, has not been made public.

You and probably many others in your situation have been fooled by the voice recording publication. In the context of the investigation that information is almost entirely irrelevant - again, see my post above to understand why.

Andy

Some people are deaf or are programmed  and have not the ability to pay attention to important comments and details before making  their comments.

Texan

Are you aware that most if not all the big airlines they have their operations centre where they monitoring their flights and collecting their telemetry data, conditions of the engines, fuel weather and so many other things

During my working life.... I was lucky to be invited to visit two of these centres.... and I was amazed with the work going there and how close eye they keep in every flight they operate and the amount of information they are collecting.

You have not tried to answer to my other question about the American Government  .... keeping quiet?

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #148 on: January 17, 2019, 10:25:03 AM »
Sorry, Wiz, I do not read everything on this site. I do not answer every question asked directly or indirectly. I have no idea to which American you refer. Was there something specific you wanted to know about somebody I know?

Offline Wiz

« Reply #149 on: January 17, 2019, 11:24:38 AM »
Sorry, Wiz, I do not read everything on this site. I do not answer every question asked directly or indirectly. I have no idea to which American you refer. Was there something specific you wanted to know about somebody I know?

Sorry My mistake.... I corrected..... :-[

Registration