The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Russian Airliner crashed in Egypt  (Read 15669 times)

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
Re: Russian Airliner crashed in Egypt
« Reply #150 on: January 17, 2019, 05:15:36 PM »
Can anybody give me some decent explanation why this case, after 5 years, has not been resolved, as also .. neither the other MH flight that disappeared?

As for the other MH flight that was supposed to go to Beijing, the root cause of its disappearance is still undetermined.  The plane still has not been found.  The fragments that washed ashore don't reveal what caused it to go off course.  I would venture to say that the plane is either at the bottom of Pacific Ocean or in another galaxy abducted by aliens.   :chuckle:

As for the USA investigating the other MH flight, the NTSB was not allowed to send a team to investigate the debris after the crash.  So no government report regarding the flight could be obtained.  You could make some guesses if you wanted, but would not have concrete evidence to back it up.  As for who was responsible for flights over Ukraine, technically the eastern region was still considered Ukraine, so their government was ultimately responsible.  I see many planes fly by overhead in the skies above my house.  So if I decided to fire a STAM at a plane and it crashes, then the US Government is responsible for allowing that plane to fly inside the country and for its crashing, right?   :duh: (:)
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline Wiz

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #151 on: January 17, 2019, 10:57:35 PM »
Can anybody give me some decent explanation why this case, after 5 years, has not been resolved, as also .. neither the other MH flight that disappeared?

As for the other MH flight that was supposed to go to Beijing, the root cause of its disappearance is still undetermined.  The plane still has not been found.  The fragments that washed ashore don't reveal what caused it to go off course.  I would venture to say that the plane is either at the bottom of Pacific Ocean or in another galaxy abducted by aliens.   :chuckle:
Most probably, according to many Conspiracy theorists.......by a rocket shot from the Diego Garcia military base.... by accident..... of course!  :P

A) As for the USA investigating the other MH flight, the NTSB was not allowed to send a team to investigate the debris after the crash.  So no government report regarding the flight could be obtained. You could make some guesses if you wanted, but would not have concrete evidence to back it up.

B) As for who was responsible for flights over Ukraine, technically the eastern region was still considered Ukraine, so their government was ultimately responsible.  I see many planes fly by overhead in the skies above my house.  So if I decided to fire a STAM at a plane and it crashes, then the US Government is responsible for allowing that plane to fly inside the country and for its crashing, right?
   :duh: (:)

A) As far as I am aware the manufacturer of any plane going down, it always sends a team to investigate the crash........ so what happen this time?

I just wonder why, "the NTSB was not allowed to send a team to investigate the debris after the crash?"..... did the Government knew what happened already or they knew that the sister from Langley.... has long fingers?

B) You can post whatever excuse you like but the fact remains that no other Nation or ATC would have diverted any aircrafts over a restricted area  "due to the hostilities between the pro-Russian separatists and Ukrainian forces". Any diversion would be given, away from the troubled area. except if.........ATC had their orders. :evilgrin0002:

:coffeeread:
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #152 on: January 18, 2019, 12:26:45 AM »

Most probably, according to many Conspiracy theorists.......by a rocket shot from the Diego Garcia military base.... by accident..... of course!  :P

A) As for the USA investigating the other MH flight, the NTSB was not allowed to send a team to investigate the debris after the crash.  So no government report regarding the flight could be obtained. You could make some guesses if you wanted, but would not have concrete evidence to back it up.

B) As for who was responsible for flights over Ukraine, technically the eastern region was still considered Ukraine, so their government was ultimately responsible.  I see many planes fly by overhead in the skies above my house.  So if I decided to fire a STAM at a plane and it crashes, then the US Government is responsible for allowing that plane to fly inside the country and for its crashing, right?
   :duh: (:)

A) As far as I am aware the manufacturer of any plane going down, it always sends a team to investigate the crash........ so what happen this time?

I just wonder why, "the NTSB was not allowed to send a team to investigate the debris after the crash?"..... did the Government knew what happened already or they knew that the sister from Langley.... has long fingers?

B) You can post whatever excuse you like but the fact remains that no other Nation or ATC would have diverted any aircrafts over a restricted area  "due to the hostilities between the pro-Russian separatists and Ukrainian forces". Any diversion would be given, away from the troubled area. except if.........ATC had their orders. :evilgrin0002:

:coffeeread:

A) That is an interesting question.  The crash area should have been cordoned off to allow investigators to examine the downed plane.   But it wasn't.  Why not?   Probably a tank brigade needed to be deployed to the area to blast away any "souvenir collectors". Why did not the plane manufacturer go there to examine the debris?  The area was controlled by "unreliable inhabitants", so no one was willing to become a target by trying to venture out there.  Again, you needed a tank garrison to back you up.
B)  Usually, air space that is under conflict should be avoided.  Unless you are trying to save fuel by flying the most direct path.  Or as you say, that the plane was directed to fly into air space under conflict.  Then it becomes a case of "acceptable collateral damage".  Remember the saying that the "needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few".   :biggrin:   :(
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline Wiz

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #153 on: January 18, 2019, 02:19:57 AM »
MH-17 recorder was turned over to Malaysia who sent it to the UK where the British government decoded it. Then it was sent to the Dutch. A transcript of what was on the recording has been made available and can be seen  on this web page.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/09/09/mh17-crash-malaysia-airlines-black-box-recorders_n_5789224.html?

Quote: "The report confirmed that the black boxes for the flight were taken from the crash site by "individuals unknown to the team". They were then handed to a Malaysian official by the armed separatists controlling Eastern Ukraine on 21 July, before being given to the Dutch safety board which carried out the investigation.

No evidence of any tampering to the black boxes was found, the report said."

dcguyusa

"A) That is an interesting question.  The crash area should have been cordoned off to allow investigators to examine the downed plane.   But it wasn't.  Why not?   Probably a tank brigade needed to be deployed to the area to blast away any "souvenir collectors". Why did not the plane manufacturer go there to examine the debris?  The area was controlled by "unreliable inhabitants", so no one was willing to become a target by trying to venture out there.  Again, you needed a tank garrison to back you up."

Well it appears that the Malaysian officials were not afraid to risk their life to meet the armed separatists to get back  the black boxes......... and did not need....."a tank brigade needed to be deployed to the area to blast away any "souvenir collectors".

I guess different mentality and approach from the Malaysians comparing with that of the American's or a deliberate USA inaction?

Sorry but I don't think the American's did not know anything!.

tiphat
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #154 on: January 18, 2019, 06:50:58 AM »
Perhaps the last several posts and replies could be moved to the MH17 thread?
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Registration