The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Vladimir Putin is a Global Warming Denier  (Read 351 times)

Offline WestCoast

Vladimir Putin is a Global Warming Denier
« on: October 30, 2015, 09:43:18 PM »
Turns out there's something Putin and I agree on, I believe global warming is BS, so does Putin. Putin believes global warming is a “fraud”, a plot to keep Russia from using its vast oil and natural gas reserves.

The idea that global warming is what amounts to a global plot to keep Russia from using it oil and natural gas reserves isn't plausible since the same reasoning would have to apply to countries like Canada, the US, Venezuela and many countries in the Middle East and Europe. Let's just say that's a little too much for the global warming alarmists to pull off.

IMHO there's a lot of poor science and maybe even a little scientific fraud with some of the data but a global plot seems unlikely.

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2015/10/29/world/europe/29reuters-climatechange-summit-russia-media.html?_r=0
http://dailycaller.com/2015/10/29/russias-putin-says-global-warming-is-a-fraud/
Ipsa scientia potestas est. Knowledge itself is power.   Sir Francis Bacon

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Vladimir Putin is a Global Warming Denier
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 01:13:31 AM »
Global warming is just a made up excuse to tax a little more all the cogs in the machine (Joe public)  :laugh:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 01:15:57 AM »
Global warming is not a myth, its a fact. The myth is if we as humans have caused and/or contributed to it.

I am not sure still, but I am inclined to go with yes, we are partially or wholly responsible for global warming.

And even if we aren't , we should try to slow the global warming asap, because it will ruin our lives.

In Netherlands, we saw tornadoes almost all summer, whereas before 2010, there was no known record of tornadoes in Netherlands.
The transatlantic warm stream has decreased 50% over the last decade (2004-2014 data). which is also worrying.

No, even if we didn't cause it, we sure as hell should try to slow and/or reverse it.
You can change anything in life, but a BMW only for a BMW
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2015, 01:35:42 AM »
Global warming is not a myth, its a fact. The myth is if we as humans have caused and/or contributed to it.

I am not sure still, but I am inclined to go with yes, we are partially or wholly responsible for global warming.

And even if we aren't , we should try to slow the global warming asap, because it will ruin our lives.

In Netherlands, we saw tornadoes almost all summer, whereas before 2010, there was no known record of tornadoes in Netherlands.
The transatlantic warm stream has decreased 50% over the last decade (2004-2014 data). which is also worrying.

No, even if we didn't cause it, we sure as hell should try to slow and/or reverse it.

The planet has been around for billions of years, humans have little effect actually. What ever we do the planet will just shrug it off over millions of years! Take the "Ice age" It happens every few million years , nothing will ever change that. Its like house prices they go in cycles. So when the next ice age comes and it WILL be it in 1000 years or 100,000 years who will get the blame for that? Joe public a little more tax to extract? And there will be no stopping it, unless humans become so advanced that they can relocate the planet, I don't think that will happen some how. It will just be easier to blame someone and slap another tax on  "Ice tax"  :laugh:

Here is a good video..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tncnWp67wQI

Watch it..

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online msmoby

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2015, 01:39:37 AM »
Whilst not being expert enough to know one way or the other - there is one thing thing I've learnt about the 'Green taxes' we are paying in the west - designed to make our world a safer place..

The big news in the UK is a series of steel making plants closing down - with the loss of jobs in communities that can ill- afford it .

Why ?

'coz 'western' plants have to respect all the legislation re emissions and are subject to taxation to ensure future, cleaner production  whilst the Chinese govt heavily subsidises it's plants and are getting around to sorting out pollution.

https://www.chinadialogue.net/article/show/single/en/7975-China-issues-draft-on-environmental-taxes-to-combat-pollution