The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Cheap Credit Card Use For Britons  (Read 453 times)

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Cheap Credit Card Use For Britons
« on: October 29, 2015, 07:46:49 AM »
Just a quickie.

As we know credit cards usually charge a fee for use of their cards outside of the UK.

My debit card used to be free for ATM withdrawals but I paid for over the counter purchases. Now they charge for both usages.

A while back I got myself a Capital One card. The one I have, and the reason I got it, has no charges for overseas purchases and the exchange rate is very good - it seems to be mid-market rate. I use the thing rather than cash these days and have another card for ATM withdrawals.

I am not sure if all their cards have this facility so you might want to check.

http://www.capitalone.co.uk/creditcards/credit-card-range.jsf?andrew_gets_no_money_from_this

"For what else is the life of man but a kind of play in which men in various costumes perform until the director motions them offstage?" -Erasmus