The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: The glory days of going to Ukraine for some fun is coming to an end.  (Read 1609 times)

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 1-5
What lies for the future of Ukraine?

It’s clear that Ukraine, as it exists today, can not survive without USA money and support. The separatists in the East control big chunks of important industry and the economy has essentially ground to a halt. Smart Ukrainians are looking for the exits and only those in the Western part of the country, seduced by the idea of Ukrainian patriotism (and power), think there is any hope for the future. Once the incompetent political elite in the USA is finished destroying Ukraine like it has done to so many countries in the Middle East, there won’t be much left.

Ukraine was never a comfortable place to live, but now it’s pretty tough, and no one there will understand why you choose to spend time there. You’d have to straight-up be an oddball to want to stay in the shithole that Ukraine is becoming just to get laid, and telling a girl that you “love” Ukraine just won’t be believed anymore. That said, it’s easier now than ever for you to pluck a Ukrainian beauty and get her out of there, but of course that leaves a big question mark for what could happen if you bring her into the West, where her diabolical Slavic genes could be switched on to your detriment.

Unless you are looking for a serious relationship, I can’t think of a reason to spend much time in Ukraine. It’s not stable, the women are leaving in droves, and it’s just not a pleasant place to live (as if it ever was). With talk that within a year or two Ukrainians will join the Muslim invaders in being allowed visa-free travel to anywhere in Europe, that means that glory days of going to Ukraine for some fun is coming to an end.

http://www.rooshv.com/5-observations-from-my-2015-visit-to-ukraine

Offline Maxx

• Trips: 5-10

Offline Danchik

• Russia Guru
  • Trips: Resident
Re: The glory days of going to Ukraine for some fun is coming to an end.
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 01:34:16 AM »
Max,

I will give you a little advice that I think will serve you well on your move; stop thinking like a typical American. Stop listening to expats who live there, and stop with any preconceived notions about things.

This doesn't mean that everything anyone tells you is wrong, that you shouldn't get as much information as possible, or that you should be chasing women in their 20's. It means that some of the rules will change, not to conform to standards you understand as an American, and how that will change the playing field in your new location.

I would also suggest that you understand your value as an American/Western foreigner in a FSU country, and how the dynamics of that "value" will change and work in your favor according to your new environment. IOW, no limits, no boundaries, and keeping an open mind to the possibilities; within the parameters of basic common sense of course.
When it is dark enough, men see the stars.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 02:23:07 AM »
Danchik is pretty much right about listening to expats. ;)

Dealing with expats was an early and easy choice to not make. I don't and have not associated with expats here or in any place I have lived - with just one proviso - when on holiday and seeking 'companionship' many years ago because of the milieu in which most expats live this made some sense. If you are going to live in the place then, in general, avoid the expats - if you do not then you are likely to be taken advantage of as former poster Lord Tiberius was by his cross dressing, conman and fake lawyer who became LT's new 'best friend forever' until, of course, he wasn't.

Many, if not most, expats outside of corporate bubbles are skint chancers, thieves and robbers. There's usually a good reason why they are not in such a bubble, or indeed why they are in the country in the first place and the 'good reason' is not likely to be something with which you want to be associated. The exception to this might by through business associations - there's probably some kind of Georgia/US Chamber of Trade. Usually these groups let individuals join - if they pay enough money. You will make good contacts through such groups if you use them well. You will probably find that the US embassy is relatively approachable too, probably through any Chamber of Trade. There will be likely some decent social events and, again, helpful contacts.

Don't go chasing after young women - unless you fully understand the dynamic and have resources to be able to take part without loss (you probably don't). Steer clear of stuff suggested by links such as Cuffy's - if not a work of fiction outright, they are designed as fantasy fodder for lonely saddoes like Cuffy, not for blokes who are actually doing stuff. A couple of weeks in Georgia and you will be more of an expert on the place, with better insights into 'the real world' than the compiler of the drivel on Ukraine.

Here's a thing you will not see anywhere else: set your own standards for ethics and behaviour. Understand them and be consistent with them. Do not compromise your standards. They will be different/higher than those around you and there will be many who will seek to lure you into compromise. Once you compromise you are lost.
Be known for doing what you say you will do and only saying what you are going to do.

If you want to succeed in life in foreign places then bear the foregoing paragraph in mind at all times.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2015, 06:55:29 AM »

Here's a thing you will not see anywhere else:

and for good reason..  Many of us live abroad and understand it is important to re-evaluate one's previous 'norms' - or you'll be forever frustrated

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2015, 11:34:12 AM »

Here's a thing you will not see anywhere else:

and for good reason..  Many of us live abroad and understand it is important to re-evaluate one's previous 'norms' - or you'll be forever frustrated

Ah, moby, this is what foxed you: Be known for doing what you say you will do and only saying what you are going to do.
To a person of your obvious and well known qualities such words would be meaningless jibber-jabber. ;)
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2015, 12:07:21 PM »
FYI;

http://www.rooshv.com/5-observations-from-my-2015-visit-to-ukraine

Us being twice "Roosh's" age changes the dynamics there with that.

LOL Roosh is 35 and speak for your self I am not 70 yet!

I am not a big fan of Roosh or his politics - his Dad is Persian Shia and Mother is Armenian Orthodox so he is confused to say the least - talk about a clash of cultures.  Point is he bases himself in Poland and travels the FSU after having lived in South America - he is changing his wild wicked BANG ways and waxing poetically about finding a wife ...  he recently traveled to Ukraine and has been there many times before as well as Moscow.

His recent observations are point blank - want to go to UA to be a sex tourist - not a good idea.

Want to go and find a thin beautiful feminine age appropriate and loving and caring wife - once you get past their shit tests and prove you are sincere it will be a no brainer for a decent guy willing to take them out of the UA meltdown.

Of course there was the ominous warning where do you take them EU and USA where their diabolical slavic genes are released to be free range young wives with all the rights and privileges bestowed upon them in the G8/G20 western modernized bastions of feminist SJW pro LGBTQ glory?

Or do you move her to Tiblisi with you and keep a low profile and live a simple happy life.

###

Andrew Fi you are really one to talk and throw shite at other grown men - all I can say is I might as well take it as a compliment from you as you are the embodiment of just about everything you accuse me and other men here of in your usual derogatory fashion ... I really am surprised you have not received another attitude correction interview lately in Tallinn.

"Don't go chasing after young women - unless you fully understand the dynamic and have resources to be able to take part without loss (you probably don't). Steer clear of stuff suggested by links such as Cuffy's - if not a work of fiction outright, they are designed as fantasy fodder for lonely saddoes like Cuffy, not for blokes who are actually doing stuff. A couple of weeks in Georgia and you will be more of an expert on the place, with better insights into 'the real world' than the compiler of the drivel on Ukraine."

LOL "Fantasy fodder?" I said going to the UA now as a sex tourist is not a good idea. 

From which we get classic Andrew Fi dishing form the bottom of the dirty barrel he so loves to inhabit.  It and he is what it is.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2015, 12:14:45 PM »
Interesting about how the less than USA complimentary post with a Roosh link and article were spun off to its own topic...  not that I have a problem with it but was surprised when it was created with its own unique spun thread title...

I might have titled it "UA land of sincere young women (18 to 48) looking to become wives if you agree to take them away from the economic meltdown that UA has become".

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2015, 01:04:12 PM »
[
To a person of your obvious and well known qualities such words would be meaningless jibber-jabber. ;)

:chuckle:

The words are simply 'meaningless jibber-jabber' and your oft repeating your risble observations about other members life choices is always enteraining
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic