The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Ukraine to Sit Alongside Russia on UN Security Council  (Read 324 times)

Online Tom Cat

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Ukraine to Sit Alongside Russia on UN Security Council
« on: October 16, 2015, 01:07:54 PM »
This should make for a real productive assembly. :chuckle:

Ukraine to Sit Alongside Russia on UN Security Council

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/ukraine-expected-win-council-seat-face-russia-34485835
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Online msmoby

Re: Ukraine to Sit Alongside Russia on UN Security Council
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 01:34:38 PM »
Russia will just veto - just like in March 2014

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 01:53:44 PM »
It's a bit of a nothing thing really.
The Security Council is not a forum for conducting war by other means. If the Ukrainians are unable to work with Russia then that is their problem, not Russia's and not any other Security Council member's - except in so far as Ukraine's attitudes cause problems with the work of the group.

This is for Ukraine to mess up (or get right), not any other party.

"For what else is the life of man but a kind of play in which men in various costumes perform until the director motions them offstage?" -Erasmus

Online msmoby

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 03:54:38 AM »
It's a bit of a nothing thing really.
The Security Council is not a forum for conducting war by other means. If the Ukrainians are unable to work with Russia then that is their problem, not Russia's and not any other Security Council member's - except in so far as Ukraine's attitudes cause problems with the work of the group.

This is for Ukraine to mess up (or get right), not any other party.

Actually, andrewfi - I beg to differ. Russia's actions in Crimea would be confirmed as an illegal act - subject to enforcement, sanctions - but for Russia's veto ...

I am sure Ukraine will remind us of the farce that is a 'veto' by the UN Sec Council permanent members.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 03:16:57 AM »
Please read what I wrote. Ask your current target for assistance, she maybe has a decent ability to comprehend what she reads. I hope so, it  is likely to be a survival skill if you are able to get her to the UK.

"For what else is the life of man but a kind of play in which men in various costumes perform until the director motions them offstage?" -Erasmus

Online msmoby

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 03:45:37 AM »
Please read what I wrote.

Standard, andrewfi - The correct response should be, 'I got what you meant, but I'll deflect from your observation'..

Ask your current target for assistance, she maybe has a decent ability to comprehend what she reads. I hope so, it  is likely to be a survival skill if you are able to get her to the UK.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt when it comes to reading ability - it has been posted on here a few times - 'my current target' - future Wife - has no desire to live in the UK.