The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Scientists to bring the woolly mammoth back to LIFE.  (Read 712 times)

Offline Tom Cat

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Scientists to bring the woolly mammoth back to LIFE.
« on: October 09, 2015, 03:10:56 PM »
Wonder if Putin will be the first president to have his photo taken sitting shirtless on a woolly mammoth?  :chuckle:
Actually being able to clone this creature would be an remarkable achievement.

Scientists to bring the woolly mammoth back to LIFE after ground-breaking discovery

http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/611035/Scientists-bring-woolly-mammoth-back-LIFE-discovery
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline Tom Cat

Re: Scientists to bring the woolly mammoth back to LIFE.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 05:38:50 PM »
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 06:37:23 PM »
I wonder if there a description for those who have a fetish for Woolly Mammoths?  :ROFL:
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2015, 05:37:40 AM »
I think there is some kind of PR agency at work in Siberia. Every year they find some geezer who tells us HE will be The One to bring furry heffalumps back to life.

Been reading such stories since I was a kid.

Probably good for tourism though.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2015, 07:43:46 AM »

I think there is some kind of PR agency at work in Siberia. Every year they find some geezer who tells us HE will be The One to bring furry heffalumps back to life.

Been reading such stories since I was a kid.

Probably good for tourism though.

If indeed a viable DNA sample has been discovered then there is a good possibilities to bring back the mammoth

Korea's radical cloning lab told us about its breathtaking plan to bring back the mammoth

http://www.techinsider.io/sooam-biotechs-is-bringing-back-the-mammoth-2015-9

Registration