The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Russia beefs up it's military base in Tajikistan.  (Read 402 times)

Online Tom Cat

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Russia beefs up it's military base in Tajikistan.
« on: October 09, 2015, 02:14:31 PM »
Tajikistan has had quite a bit of unrest over the past few months, but any military buildup, most likely is in case Russia will have to deal with terrorist threats coming from Afghanistan.

Russia beefs up Tajikistan base with attack helicopters: report

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0S10TT20151007
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Re: Russia beefs up it's military base in Tajikistan.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 02:21:52 PM »
Prolly going to be a fair bit of reinforcing of the states bordering Russia - the 'stans.

I'd expect that U.S to be redoubling there efforts there. We had Electric Yeravan a few months ago - failed because the template for colour revolutions is now instantly recognisable - but there will be more attempts 'Water Astana' anyone?

I'd bet that intelligence services are on the lookout for large print jobs that are using artwork recycled from other 'sponsored revolutions'. For some reason they seem to reuse artwork and symbology.

"For what else is the life of man but a kind of play in which men in various costumes perform until the director motions them offstage?" -Erasmus

Online msmoby

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2015, 02:07:04 AM »
Prolly going to be a fair bit of reinforcing of the states bordering Russia - the 'stans.

I'd expect that U.S to be redoubling there efforts there. We had Electric Yeravan a few months ago - failed because the template for colour revolutions is now instantly recognisable - but there will be more attempts 'Water Astana' anyone?

I'd bet that intelligence services are on the lookout for large print jobs that are using artwork recycled from other 'sponsored revolutions'. For some reason they seem to reuse artwork and symbology.

:chuckle:

Andrewfi - if you ask most Armenians - they will tell you all is not ideal with their govt. and they need Russia as a 'friend' re Nagorno-Karabakh v Azerbaijan.. but your version of 'history' is always colourful.

I think you meant to say ..'''the Kremlin will not tolerate any change in 'friendly' regimes  - even if that's what the majority of citizens want  ..

Online Tom Cat

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 02:20:37 PM »
Russia has revised plans in Tajikistan.
Doesn't mention in this article, but China seems to be on very good terms with Tajikistan.
Maybe China will be militarily active as well un the region.

Troops move points to Russian reversal in Tajikistan

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/mobile/world/troops-move-points-to-rus/2356606.html
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Online Tom Cat

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 04:55:27 PM »
Want to stop radical Islam, just shave off their beards.  :chuckle:

To check radical Islamism, Tajikistan cops shave 13,000 men's beards

http://m.timesofindia.com/world/rest-of-world/To-check-radical-Islamism-Tajikistan-cops-shave-13000-mens-beards/articleshow/50667357.cms

Online Tom Cat

Re: Russia and US, worried about turmoil in Tajikistan.
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2016, 07:35:09 PM »

U.S., Russia Both Worry About Growing Turmoil In Tajikistan

http://www.kplu.org/post/us-russia-both-worry-about-growing-turmoil-tajikistan