The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: The return of the 'Young Pioneers and Komosol? '  (Read 175 times)

Online msmoby

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
The return of the 'Young Pioneers and Komosol? '
« on: October 08, 2015, 04:04:12 PM »
For those whose FSU partners are 35 years old or more - you may see photos of them in white shirts with the red neck ties. They spend holidays ( vacations ) away in Summer camps and swore allegiance to the former USSR.

This headline from Lenta.ru lept out at me

''We need more volunteers
Putin was asked to create a Russian Organization for raising Patriots "

http://lenta.ru/articles/2015/10/09/pioneer/

I HATE patriotism - as we become 'victims' of the beliefs of the places into which we are born.. Sure, most of us identify with where we are born, customs - supporting a national sports team, perhaps - but these organisations attempted to mold kids minds to accept 'the party line'..

To me - such talk is a worrying aspect.  It's the sort of thing I'd only have expected from Zhironovsky - on the far right - and the Communist Party.

I'm all for summer camps - but NOT indoctrination.