The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: China Joining Russia in Syria.  (Read 1712 times)

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
China Joining Russia in Syria.
« on: October 07, 2015, 03:43:53 AM »
http://mixednews.ru/archives/88574

Translation thus:

Deck Aviation of China joins the Russian air strikes in Syria, while Russia is the air base in Iraq

Current events - 06/10/2015 Print
Military and intelligence sources online edition of the Israeli DEBKAfile reported that China has notified Moscow on Friday, October 2 that the Chinese fighter-bomber J-15 will soon be joined to the Russian air campaign launched September 30th. Baghdad, meanwhile, offered Moscow to use its air base to attack the IG, the seizure of large areas of the territory of Iraq, according to debka.com.

Chinese fighter-bombers deck J-15

j-15

Combat aircraft J-15 will take off from the Chinese aircraft carrier "Liaoning-CV-16", which came to the shores of Syria on September 26, according to DEBKAfile. The first military operation of the Chinese Air Force in the Middle East, as well as the verification of an aircraft carrier in the real combat conditions become a landmark event for Beijing.

On Thursday evening, the Minister of Foreign Affairs Wang Yi made comments on the Syrian crisis to the UN Security Council meeting in New York: "The world can not afford to stand aside and watch with folded hands, but also should not allow ill-considered intervention (in the conflict ). "

No less significant event occurred at about the same time, when the Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi, speaking to the United States in a program PBS NewsHour, said he would welcome the deployment of Russian troops to Iraq to fight the militants in his country LIH. As an additional motive, he noted that it will also give Moscow the opportunity to deal with the 2 thousand 500 Chechen Islamists, who, he said, are fighting on the side of the LIH in Iraq.

Baghdad and Moscow have just signed an agreement on the use of the Russian Air Force air base of Al Takadduma in Habani, 74 kilometers west of Baghdad, in an intermediate point in the Russian air corridor in Syria and as a launching pad for attacks against the positions of LIH and their infrastructure in the north Iraq and Syria.

The joint Russian-Iranian-Syrian-Iraqi operations center began work last week on the basis of the Iraqi Ministry of Defense and the military headquarters in Baghdad to coordinate the Russian and Iranian airlift to Syria, as well as for Russian air raids. This command center also organizes transfer of Iranian and pro-Iranian Shiite forces in Syria.

Russia, therefore, created a military enclave in Iraq, such as in Syria, where she took control of the base at Latakia on the west coast of the country. At the same time, Habbaniyah airbase services operating in Iraq US troops, whose number is estimated to be 5 thousand people.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Tom Cat

Re: China Joining Russia in Syria.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 04:41:44 AM »
Seems there are rumors about China, not sure what to believe.

Don't assume that an increasingly capable China is poised to conduct American-style naval air operations over Syria just yet.

http://nationalinterest.org/feature/chinas-main-mission-south-china-sea-not-syria-14012
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline Maxx

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 05:22:37 AM »

It is so obvious that Obama never "fought" ISIS to win.

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 02:41:46 PM »
Nothing I have read anywhere over the past few years has indicated that China is capable of offensive carrier operations.

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 06:17:15 PM »
Many media sources seem to think China is joining Russia in Syria.
This article says another group from China is pouring into Syria, to possibly fight against the Russians.

Syria: Chinese Uyghurs Killing Russian Spies According to Turkey's Plan

https://reason.com/archives/2015/10/03/syria-chinese-uyghurs-killing-russian-sp
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 06:30:25 PM »
There is balance in the world, I have commented elsewhere on this topic. I just am not certain if it is the correct sort.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_aircraft_carrier_Liaoning
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline jake11

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 07:17:40 PM »
The enlightened grandchildren and greatgrandchildren of Mao have finally seen the light. Now they fight terrorism vis-à-vis Obama. Now that we've seen the signs of the times, it is clear who is good, who is evil. These youngsters or the new young ruling elite finally came to terms with their Creator, that they're bitterest enemies 'are their terrorist household members', the old apparatchiks. And the heat is felt by Obama who supports the terrorists. "Our bitterest enemy is our terrorist household member"- Matthew 10: 16-34.

Whose hands caused the mischief? Brennan!! Woolsey! Petraeus! and Hayden! "Nobody can match God's foolishness"- Bible, quoted by the 4 CIA directors.

"It's the end of the world anyway. What do I get to lose. My grandkids are married to the biological children of Christ."- George Bush Sr. :laugh:
There are only three professional spies in the world: Vladimir Putin, Vladimir Putin, and Vladimir Putin.

Offline AvHdB

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 09:56:07 PM »
The enlightened grandchildren and greatgrandchildren of Mao have finally seen the light. Now they fight terrorism vis-à-vis Obama. . . . What do I get to lose. My grandkids are married to the biological children of Christ."- George Bush Sr.

We interrupt your regular programming for something completely different.

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2015, 06:59:25 PM »
WND EXCLUSIVE

CHINESE NAVY LOOMS AS RUSSIA STRIKES SYRIAN REBELS

http://mobile.wnd.com/2015/10/chinese-navy-looms-as-russia-strikes-syrian-rebels/

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2015, 03:12:24 PM »

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2015, 03:24:00 PM »
China Says Isn't Getting Involved in Syria

http://russia-insider.com/en/politics/china-says-isnt-getting-involved-syria/ri10518

They have their own thing to deal with in the South China Sea.

It'll be interesting to see how that turns out.
My first thought was that the Chinese would reply not militarily but economically. Problem with that is that most people in the world will never see, hear or understand what went down.
A physical 'correction of attitude' might be seen to be required. Sometimes victory can be hidden and still be sweet. Other times victory must be seen in order to be sweet. This may be one of the those latter occasions.

I'd be surprised if this had not been discussed when President Xi met with President Obama.

Of course the U.S might go and trespass, provoke a response and then wipe the floor with the Chinese PLN. But I dunno. The Chinese know what they are doing and have an even longer time perspective than the Russians. They'd not have set up their islands and NOT be ready to defend them.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2015, 03:57:13 PM »
This article is what Andrew was referring to.

US, China brace for stand-off over disputed islands sail-by as Aussies fence-sit

https://www.rt.com/news/318738-china-islands-australia-us/

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2015, 10:22:26 AM »
With the confirmation of the Russian airplane downed by ISIS, the headline should include China's concern about Russia as well.

Will China actually join in?

China to LAUNCH WAR on ISIS? President Xi vows to BATTLE jihadis after Paris attacks

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/619513/ISIS-Islamic-State-China-President-Xi-Jinping-Li-Keqiang-Paris-attacks

Offline AvHdB

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2015, 11:08:47 AM »
While China is largely (at least in public) atheist there is a small % of Muslim's in China. Not entirely sure of numbers but maybe 15 to 18 million Chinese are adherents of Islam. Mostly centered in the West along the border of Afghanistan and other far away stans.

In the past this group has been involved in terrorist events within China.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2015, 12:03:30 PM »
China has an interest in the progress and outcome of the Middle Eastern events. If one looks a map one can see the problem. ;)

China has a mass of somewhat vulnerable Muslims of their own who are surely being stirred up and recruited by various 'jihadis'; indeed, China has had its own share of 'terrorist' and insurgent activity. The last thing that China wants to see is a wave of disaffected but not yet defeated fighters from ISIS and other groups trotting over to China. China will have a similar attitude to the Russians - kill the cockroaches next door, before they invade one's own home. It took ten years to deal with the cockroaches in the RF last time round and that's not something that China or Russia needs.

However, as I noted, the Chinese have their own stuff to deal with in the South China sea. To that end, as I wrote a month ago, China will be supportive, observant but involvement will, for the time being, be along the lines of more subtle, less visible means - means that enable the Russians to concentrate their management resources in the Middle East and not chasing money, for example.

If matters start to go badly in the Middle East then perhaps the Chinese might get involved in a more concrete manner but given the pile of snakess writhing around in Syria right now it'd be dangerous for more snakes to get into the pile-on
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2016, 12:17:18 PM »
The Chinese have opened the door to take part in international fight against terrorism, but make no claim to getting involved in Syria.

What are the Chances of China Deploying Troops to Syria?Read

http://m.sputniknews.com/military/20160101/1032581067/china-troops-syria-analysis.html

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2016, 05:26:22 PM »

China Sides With Russia In Syrian War, Will Provide "Aid And Military Training" To Assad

http://russia-insider.com/en/military/china-sides-russia-syrian-war-will-provide-aid-and-military-training-assad/ri16058