The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Borispol to Train Station Recommendations  (Read 1455 times)

Offline GuppyCaptain

• Actively on the Search
  • Trips: 1-5
Borispol to Train Station Recommendations
« on: October 05, 2015, 10:31:06 PM »
As the thread title implies I'm looking for any helpful tips/hints on making my way from Kiev Borispol airport to the main train station in the city. I did the same trip two years ago and used the public bus that left from in front of the terminal. It got the job done but I'm wondering how much a cab ride might cost.

Appreciate any feedback.

Offline Texan77

• Trips: 20+
Re: Borispol to Train Station Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 10:39:08 PM »
I was just in Kiev last week. The ride from Borispol airport to most locations in Kiev was then 300 uah. The exchange rate was 22.5 uah per dollar so believe that is about 13 dollars.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline GuppyCaptain

• Actively on the Search
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 10:48:02 PM »
Thanks Tex. Was that via a taxi & did you exchange dollars to grivna at the airport before heading outside?

Offline AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 11:59:56 PM »
If your woman books a taxi it should cost some ₴ 170 to 200 to the center of Kiev. I believe the rate is fixed for the standard taxi's to Kiev and the ₴ 300 mentioned sounds correct.

There are buses to either train/bus stations from the airport. There is one train station just over the Dnieper and the other larger one in the center. From Boryspil Airport the fare is some ₴ 50,=

Below is the web site from the airport.

http://kbp.aero/en/transport/sky-bus/
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline GuppyCaptain

• Actively on the Search
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 06:32:02 AM »
Thanks. I took the bus last time and the first one broke down within 500 meters of the airport. No biggie as I wasn't traveling further that day, but this time I am and for 300 Grivna might just take the more expeditious mode of transport.  tiphat

Offline Texan77

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 07:15:49 AM »
Thanks Tex. Was that via a taxi & did you exchange dollars to grivna at the airport before heading outside?

I stayed in Kiev and had my apartment owner's sister pick me up at the airport. It made my check in a lot easier but that cost me 30 dollars. When I got off the plane my ride was waiting so did not have time to check what the airport rate was. I paid for my apartment in dollars. The currency is pretty stable now so it most likely it will not make that much difference. The whole time I was there I saw rates from 22.3 to 22.7 and almost everyone was 22.5. If I were to use a taxi I would get some money exchanged before I go into the cab. The cab will almost always rip you off in the exchange rate.

I know the price of taxis because I asked what the rate was from my apartment owner. He said their was an agree to rate that all taxis are suppose to charge 300 grivna for most areas in Kiev.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline GuppyCaptain

• Actively on the Search
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2015, 05:10:38 PM »
Good info. Appreciate it  tiphat