The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: UK online visa application application 'fun'  (Read 2058 times)

Online msmoby

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: UK online visa application application 'fun'
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2015, 01:07:14 AM »

If you imported her as a spouse, and then got dumped, her status is no longer valid? Thus she should have been deported. Along with her offspring

Do teach us if it was otherwise. I am working from recollection of your words. Perhaps you found some obscure EU law as is your forte.

Manny,

You appear to be confusing words you wish you'd heard me utter with reality

Under the EU Directive V is entitled to remain in UK and entitled to residency - as she was married to me and UK resident for two years or more... it was actually 4 years when I got 'dumped'.

Her son was the reason we did not divorce, as his status - my dependent -would have been lost. He was studying in Oxford and would have become a non EU student and had to pay full fees and leave the UK after 8 years legal residence.

Despite my 'dumping', why should I have made the lad the object of my 'revenge' ?

The agreement was that we would remain married and I continued to support him - until he got permanent residency.

He has a fantastic Graduate Trainee post with one of the fastest growing and profitable IT firms

It is a shame I needed to repeat the situation.

Online msmoby

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2015, 01:25:32 AM »
More 'fun'

The cost of the General visitor visa is 85GBP

So,we got to the end of the Visa application and I shared my computer to allow SC to check the application and digitally sign.

We chose Rostov as the visa application centre - VAC- a message appears informing that using this centre will incur extra admin fees  ??? ..amount not shown..

Time to pay...

Was told at the beginning it would be 85gbp = 125 USD, approximately.

But, the final sum becomes 215 USD  -  100 USD, more - you are offered the chance to pay within three hours - or one's application and appointment are cancelled. :chuckle:

It's nearly cheaper to buy a return flight to Moscow...

Online msmoby

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2015, 01:33:34 AM »

Positively fraudulent one could say.

DS, I positively encourage you to report this as a possible infringement that you can report back to us  that some folks shouldn't judge others by their stds  :chuckle:

Plain English, please.  ???

'Funny' that my calling you out seems to produce reading comprehension issues.

To be clear - as you often comment on immigration issues - I suspect you'l know the procedure to report the 'fraud' you suggest we've perpetrated. I invited you to report us and get back to us with the outcome...clear  ?

Online Dogsoldier

• Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2015, 02:16:24 PM »

Positively fraudulent one could say.

DS, I positively encourage you to report this as a possible infringement that you can report back to us  that some folks shouldn't judge others by their stds  :chuckle:

Plain English, please.  ???

To be clear - as you often comment on immigration issues - I suspect you'l know the procedure to report the 'fraud' you suggest we've perpetrated. I invited you to report us and get back to us with the outcome...clear  ?
"Calling me out" :-* you do get a bit full of yourself at times, don't you?
Still, your post was a bit of garbage garbled.
As for this procedure you make much of, yes I do know a procedure for reporting crime. It's called 'Crimestoppers'. Heard of it?  :party0011:
Now about your comment:
Quote from: Msmoby
'fraud' you suggest we've perpetrated
Please read and digest my post carefully. I was, as you well know, replying to Mannys post. Context is everything. Of course, your tactics are well known on this forum in attempting to muddy the waters but you'll  have to do better than that.

All I know is that Moby knows nothing - Plato.
Wiz loves talking out of his A******e - Me.

Online msmoby

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2015, 02:30:49 PM »

To be clear - as you often comment on immigration issues - I suspect you'll know the procedure to report the 'fraud' you suggest we've perpetrated. I invited you to report us and get back to us with the outcome...clear  ?

Quote from: Dogsoldier link=topic,24904.msg421375.html#msg421375

''positively fraudulent one could say''

Please read and digest my post carefully. I was, as you well know, replying to Mannys post. Context is everything. Of course, your tactics are well known on this forum in attempting to muddy the waters but you'll  have to do better than that.

:ROFL: and you speak of a 'Moby shuffle' ?

Manny at least tried to dig himself out of the hole by offering me chance for me to explain the Directive and 'educate'.....

I would have though you'd know about such important Immigration key points relating to EU Directives to which the UK has not opted out..

Contextually, one could say DS was ''positively incorrect'' - but I'm the forgiving sort.  tiphat

Online msmoby

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2015, 02:49:04 PM »
I'm surprised Wiz didn't get in first  :chuckle:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/421235/Retained_Rights_v2_0.pdf

''End of relationship - separation
If a non-EEA national separates from their EEA national spouse or civil partner they remain a
family member with the right to live in the UK for as long as they are married to, or in a civil
partnership with, an EEA national sponsor who continues to exercise free movement rights in
the UK, or who has acquired a right of permanent residence. They continue to have a right to
live in the UK until such time as either:
 a divorce is finalised and a decree absolute is issued
 the marriage is annulled or
 the civil partnership is dissolved

cont...

''Requirements of regulation 10(5)(d)(i-iv)
Regulation
10(5)(d)
Conditions

(i) To meet the conditions of regulation 10(5)(d)(i) the applicant must:
 have been married to, or in a civil partnership with, the EEA
national for at least three years immediately before beginning
proceedings for divorce, annulment or dissolution, and
 have lived in the UK with the EEA national sponsor for at least one
year during the time of their marriage or civil partnership.''

I had to show that I was not a burden on the state, self-sufficient, self-employed, employed with financial / tax info...

WOT, moby less than scrupulously honest?

Say it ain't so!

Whodathunkit! 

YOU did  :coffeeread:

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2015, 04:03:54 PM »
Now he'll be blaming you when his target's application is turned down. You're helping him out by giving him an excuse.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online msmoby

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2015, 06:23:02 PM »
Now he'll be blaming you when his target's application is turned down. You're helping him out by giving him an excuse.

It is always helpful to know who'd I be 'blaming' - judging by some of the 'experts' we've witnessed on this thread..

Naturally - if you'd ever had a non EU lass that you wanted to introduce to the relatives - you'd know that a refusal is a thing of dread and not something to joke about...

IF a refusal was the result - You can bet I'll get SC into the UK - legally.

Online Dogsoldier

• Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2015, 03:48:47 PM »

To be clear - as you often comment on immigration issues - I suspect you'll know the procedure to report the 'fraud' you suggest we've perpetrated. I invited you to report us and get back to us with the outcome...clear  ?

Quote from: Dogsoldier link=topic,24904.msg421375.html#msg421375

''positively fraudulent one could say''

:ROFL: and you speak of a 'Moby shuffle' ?

Manny at least tried to dig himself out of the hole by offering me chance for me to explain the Directive and 'educate'.....

I would have though you'd know about such important Immigration key points relating to EU Directives to which the UK has not opted out..

Contextually, one could say DS was ''positively incorrect'' - but I'm the forgiving sort.  tiphat

Here we go again.  :Zzzzsleep: Don't you ever get tired of repeating yourself?
Btw, quick tip...Google is your friend.
All I know is that Moby knows nothing - Plato.
Wiz loves talking out of his A******e - Me.

Online msmoby

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2015, 02:44:09 AM »

Here we go again.  :Zzzzsleep: Don't you ever get tired of repeating yourself?
Btw, quick tip...Google is your friend.

Google, Bing, etc., are of course my 'friends' ..

Remind me what that has to do with this thread or some folks suggestions demonstrating that checking such places - before posting - would be wise.

Online msmoby

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2015, 05:40:22 AM »
So, today was the day to turn up at the VAC in Rostov

The address on the UK Visa site differs from that on the local agent's site ... only by two digits - but it wasn't a good start..

The place has the decorators in and no signs and no-one is about . Called to Sparky114 in a blind panic as SC was waiting 20 mins and no one was about. Unfortunately, he knew no-one who had used this place - but I am grateful for his calming me down.

Eventually, a security guy appears and says , '2nd floor' - no one there ..panic ... a phone call and some minutes later - a lady appears and chastises SC for being 'early'

SC advises her that she has 'premium lounge' service and arrived early to have her docs checked before submission - to be told - no 'such service' and we don't have the internet / use of computer for the public ...

This is 'interesting' seeing we paid for this service, which offers a computer, use of internet, and checking of docs before submission

https://uk.tlscontact.com/ru/ROV/page.php?pid=added_value_services

''Premium Lounge Service £ 50

This service includes:

Direct access to our premium counter where an agent will verify the documents provided, and capture your biometric information in a single location.
Cold and hot beverages.
A personal attendant during the course of your submission process.
Free photocopying (limited quantity), email printing, and computer access.''

SC is in there right now and I am well peed off.

Do I blame the Russians ? - hell no ...  One gets the service one pays for...

One only has to look at how smoothly the vfs GLOBAL vac works in London - for the Russians - compared to this..

I'm waiting until SC comes out - to see if someone in Rostov is going to do what we've paid for... :coffeeread:

Online msmoby

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2015, 09:44:48 AM »
update

Wrote an email to the firm TelePerformance, in Moscow. No one responded, but suddenly SC was called in - she shouldn't have had to queue.. and was attended to by two ladies, offered tea / coffee in their office and they walked her through the application - checking her docs and supporting info, confirmed we had paid for her passport to be returned by courier and were THOROUGHLY helpful.

It took 10 attempts to scan her digits  :chuckle:

She was the ONLY person applying - when I made the appointment - all slots were open for that day.

The ladies told her that applications for student visas were almost non existent and Tourist visas were WAY down, too.

That might also explain the cancellation of many flights to / from the UK

Online msmoby

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2015, 12:09:04 AM »
Further update

Spoke to sparky114 about the farce locating the visa centre and the paying extra for the checking service

It seems that in the flap- SC didn't give in all her supporting docs - she had translations of her owning the car / apartment and the staff 'checked' her docs and didn't bother to say - your application might fail - as ALL docs not in English need to be translated...

I have complained to the out sourced company and the UK Home Office by email - no tel nos.

As it stands - it looks like another trip to the Rostov is due - when all we need is how to email the translations...

Registration