The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: UK online visa application application 'fun'  (Read 1183 times)

Online msmoby

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
UK online visa application application 'fun'
« on: October 05, 2015, 06:22:23 PM »
Trying to register SC for an 'account' to apply for a UK visitor Visa...

I get the message.. ''Your registration has been unsuccessful, please see the guidance at https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com''

Perhaps, the UK knows something I / we don't - but we cannot get past the first page - simply trying to register to apply for the visa...

Previously, I could do this from the UK and state I was applying on behalf of the applicant - done it MANY times.....

Could this be 'failing' before the first hurdle as I am in the UK and will have a UK IP address  ?

Online msmoby

Re: UK online visa application application 'fun'
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 07:30:15 PM »
update

Used a Russian VPN and STILL could not register...

The help site of the UK Visa site didn't help - so I searched for the error message on Google and found a link to THIS page... https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/Home/ViewFAQ

..and THERE was the answer .. ''You will not be able to register a new account under the same email address. If you have already registered and have forgotten your password use the link at
https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/Account/ForgottenPassword ''

Now, why can't they just do what most sites do - in such occasions - ''an account with this email address already exists'' - would have saved a lot of time..

:-[

Now, another question arises.... I seem to remember Manny's wife was refused a US Visa - even though they were already married.

SC applied for a visa and was turned down and insists no reason was given ... Could that be so ?  The UK want to know the reason.

Offline Manny

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 02:48:58 AM »
Now, another question arises.... I seem to remember Manny's wife was refused a US Visa - even though they were already married.

SC applied for a visa and was turned down and insists no reason was given ... Could that be so ?  The UK want to know the reason.

If this is the "have you ever been refused a visa" question, unless it is stamped in her passport, just say no. If they could check, they wouldn't ask.

But indeed, they don't give a reason. I think they just work to quotas. When its full, the rest that day/week are refused.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 02:54:18 AM »
Maybe the same god that looks after drunks and idiots is trying to keep one or other of you two safe?

"For what else is the life of man but a kind of play in which men in various costumes perform until the director motions them offstage?" -Erasmus

Online msmoby

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 03:42:23 AM »

If this is the "have you ever been refused a visa" question, unless it is stamped in her passport, just say no. If they could check, they wouldn't ask.

But indeed, they don't give a reason. I think they just work to quotas. When its full, the rest that day/week are refused.

Hmm, just checked... no 'visa refused'  stamps in the passport.

Despite your advice - we are NOT going to be economical with the truth - and will be honest ...After all, a US refusal has never held back Mrs Manny ..and SC has had Schengen's, a current visa for Cyprus and numerous other s. Asian destinations - with no over-stays, owns property, has regular income....

Maybe the same god that looks after drunks and idiots is trying to keep one or other of you two safe?

Knew you wouldn't be able to contain yourself.. 
 :chuckle:

Offline Manny

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 09:03:51 AM »
After all, a US refusal has never held back Mrs Manny

She lived here then; they (US) had no reason to refuse her. She has never applied for another proper visa anywhere since. No need.

If you tell the UK she has been refused a visa, they will have her do an interview.

You have already been economical with the truth pretending to still live with the previous one so she could stay here, so drop the high horse stuff. Our system is too weak that blokes can import one woman after another.

Offline Dogsoldier

• Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2015, 10:33:46 AM »
After all, a US refusal has never held back Mrs Manny

She lived here then; they (US) had no reason to refuse her. She has never applied for another proper visa anywhere since. No need.

If you tell the UK she has been refused a visa, they will have her do an interview.

You have already been economical with the truth pretending to still live with the previous one so she could stay here, so drop the high horse stuff. Our system is too weak that blokes can import one woman after another.
Positively fraudulent one could say.
All I know is that Moby knows nothing - Plato

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2015, 11:14:56 AM »
WOT, moby less than scrupulously honest?

Say it ain't so!

Whodathunkit!  :'(

"For what else is the life of man but a kind of play in which men in various costumes perform until the director motions them offstage?" -Erasmus

Offline Manny

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2015, 12:30:10 PM »
Quote from: Manny

I suppose one could say that. Although, after his behaviour, it was probably the least he could do. I'd rather have her here than most who flock here though.

Let's hope he doesn't make a habit of it and import another handful before he is Westy's age.

Online msmoby

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2015, 01:23:54 PM »

Quote from: manny

Appt made and if she has to have an interview - so be it.

1/ I would rather tell the truth on an application for a visa - than be found out a fibber, later- and screw things up.

2/ So, please explain how/ where we [ V and I] misled the UK immigration authorities by being 'economical with the truth' ?  Their applications for permanent residence listed us at a different address and we were QUITE clear that we were separated.

Interesting - once again - that you might - once again - suggest impropriety.

Online msmoby

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2015, 02:47:36 PM »

DS, I positively encourage you to report this as a possible infringement that you can report back to us  that some folks shouldn't judge others by their stds  :chuckle:

I suppose one could say that. Although, after his behaviour, it was probably the least he could do. I'd rather have her here than most who flock here though.

Would that be the 'behaviour' that t'other party persuaded you to remove the discussion of.. ?  :chuckle:

Let's hope he doesn't make a habit of it and import another handful before he is Westy's age.

Ah yes, it is my sole aim in life to be the object of your 'disgust'... SC hasn't experienced the delights of a British Isles autumn / winter and I'm sure we'll bear in mind your 'fears'.

We could even convert to Islam, foster loads of refugeed orphans and educate them about LGBT human rights  :chuckle:

Offline Manny

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2015, 03:31:06 PM »
Would that be the 'behaviour' that t'other party persuaded you to remove the discussion of.. ?  :chuckle:

If you want to have it back "out there", I can do that in two clicks. I could then point 15000 links at it in moments to make sure it is top of Google within 24 hours. Be careful what you chuckle at, Joker.  :)

Offline Manny

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2015, 03:33:56 PM »
2/ So, please explain how/ where we [ V and I] misled the UK immigration authorities by being 'economical with the truth' ?  Their applications for permanent residence listed us at a different address and we were QUITE clear that we were separated.

Interesting - once again - that you might - once again - suggest impropriety.

If you imported her as a spouse, and then got dumped, her status is no longer valid? Thus she should have been deported. Along with her offspring

Do teach us if it was otherwise. I am working from recollection of your words. Perhaps you found some obscure EU law as is your forte.

Offline Dogsoldier

• Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2015, 03:37:10 PM »

DS, I positively encourage you to report this as a possible infringement that you can report back to us  that some folks shouldn't judge others by their stds  :chuckle:

Plain English, please.  ???
All I know is that Moby knows nothing - Plato

Offline Manny

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2015, 03:37:29 PM »
Ah yes, it is my sole aim in life to be the object of your 'disgust'... SC hasn't experienced the delights of a British Isles autumn / winter and I'm sure we'll bear in mind your 'fears'.

We could even convert to Islam, foster loads of refugeed orphans and educate them about LGBT human rights  :chuckle:

You may get free EU money for that. Right up your street.