The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: United states bombed hospital in Afghanistan.  (Read 3988 times)

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 1-5
Re: United states bombed hospital in Afghanistan.
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2015, 04:18:53 PM »
Shouldn't this thread be changed to "US murders more people in Afghan Hospital"

I mean it clearly is MURDER isn't it  :'(

At home they murder each other at collage and universities ! Overseas they murder people in hospitals, victims who cannot fight back as usual , just about sums the Empire up :Zzzzsleep:

Hmmm USA not even close to catching up with the Brutality of the British Empire builders in China, India, Middle East, Africa, Americas and the 4 Million Irish they starved to death and drove out of the country in rags on rickety ships to North America and Australia... etc.

The Crown death toll makes Mao and Stalin and Hitler look like altar boys when you compare body counts over the centuries...

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2015, 05:37:08 PM »
Shouldn't this thread be changed to "US murders more people in Afghan Hospital"

I mean it clearly is MURDER isn't it  :'(

At home they murder each other at collage and universities ! Overseas they murder people in hospitals, victims who cannot fight back as usual , just about sums the Empire up :Zzzzsleep:

Hmmm USA not even close to catching up with the Brutality of the British Empire builders in China, India, Middle East, Africa, Americas and the 4 Million Irish they starved to death and drove out of the country in rags on rickety ships to North America and Australia... etc.

The Crown death toll makes Mao and Stalin and Hitler look like altar boys when you compare body counts over the centuries...

We can moan and groan about past genocides that happened before our grand parents were born.

The English do not have an unblemished record, than again nor does the United States, Russia (The Soviet Union) was with out any doubt brutal. The same can be said of China and a number of other countries.

What is more important can the said (accused) country admit the failings of prior leaders and move on. The United States has, Germany has and so has Italy. Has Russia done the same, no in my opinion, China on a regular basis is less than fair with minorities and those that disagree politically.

Israel in fact has enshrined as law a rather primitive form of apartheid. The same shortcomings can be said of other Middle Eastern countries.

My guess lets stay more or less in the last 50 years.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Tom Cat

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2015, 06:55:17 PM »
WTF,  who is in charge of the United states military?
Seems to me there is a definite lack of communication, and several other things.

Pentagon: US Tank Crashed Through Bombed Kunduz Hospital Gate by 'Mistake.

http://m.sputniknews.com/middleeast/20151020/1028794810/kunduz-hospital-gate-ramming.html
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2015, 12:38:33 AM »
WTF,  who is in charge of the United states military?
Seems to me there is a definite lack of communication, and several other things.

Pentagon: US Tank Crashed Through Bombed Kunduz Hospital Gate by 'Mistake.

http://m.sputniknews.com/middleeast/20151020/1028794810/kunduz-hospital-gate-ramming.html

Boy someone keeps believing that hospital is a legitimate target. After 2 bombings, this makes the 3d time they make that misstake on the same hospital.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2015, 05:19:42 PM »
This is what happens when Obamunist Marxist Feminist LGBTQ Social Justice Warriors force over 250 senior Admirals and Generals used to winning to retire and put in place a cadre of Marxist Feminist LGBTQ Social Justice Warrior sensitivity trained junior officers in their place.

It is called a giant series of LGBTQ Cluster Phucks for a reason.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2015, 05:32:08 PM »

Pentagon: US Tank Crashed Through Bombed Kunduz Hospital Gate by 'Mistake.

Time for driver re-education?
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2015, 02:33:55 PM »
They don't really say who bombed the hospitals, but the title seems to slant blame at Russia.

Four Syrian hospitals bombed since Russian airstrikes began, doctors say

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/22/three-syrian-hospitals-bombed-since-russian-airstrikes-began-doctors-say
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2015, 03:11:37 PM »
They don't really say who bombed the hospitals, but the title seems to slant blame at Russia.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/22/three-syrian-hospitals-bombed-since-russian-airstrikes-began-doctors-say

Tom Cat if fighter jets did bomb the hospital you know it can't have been the Americans or any NATO countries. Remember the Russians have kicked the US and NATO out of Syria so only Russian jets would be flying that close to the coast.
andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

That means I'm a subject matter expert on all things Russia, Ukraine and UK.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2015, 03:18:42 PM »

And they say the west don't lie  :drunk:

Everybody who is somebody in the USA already acknowledged it was the USA and apologized profusely for bombing this hospital -twice-.
OO===[][]===OO

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2015, 03:35:51 PM »
Markje are you referring to the Afghan incident or to the claims being made in Syria?

The Guardian piece has some rather strange wording which without some additional knowledge makes comment hard, at least for me. The Guardian is not, on matters of this sort, any longer a reliable source - at least, not for me.

A quick shufti suggests that, yes, Russian air targeted Sarmin. However the target was a meeting of ISIS and other groups leaders.
The 'hospital' is a field hospital for ISIS fighters and seems to have not been targeted.
The story is, for sure, not as simple as the Guardian tries to make it seem. I am not posting links. Google works well but looking at the sources of the story and how and who is spreading it is interesting.

Westcoast, the US is still dropping bombs in Syria they have agreed protocols with Russia. The targets now seem to be Syrian infrastructure rather than any terrorist targets. I draw your attention to recent attacks upon Aleppo where they destroyed electricity generation and thus water treatment capacity. This seems designed to increase the numbers of refugees by destroying the ability of civilians to continue living in and around Aleppo. That tends to serve the aims of those who the US is claiming to target.

Please don't ask for links, I am sure that you or your carers can use an internet search engine.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2015, 04:04:28 PM »

And they say the west don't lie  :drunk:

Everybody who is somebody in the USA already acknowledged it was the USA and apologized profusely for bombing this hospital -twice-.

Markje, note the Guardian article is not about the US bombing of a hospital in Kunduz hospital, Afghanistan a couple of weeks ago. The article is about four hospitals bombed by fighter jets in north-western Syria.

As several people on RUA mentioned the Russians have kicked the US out of this area of Syria so the Americans or NATO could not have bombed these hospitals. 
andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2015, 04:26:11 PM »
Westcoast, I think that you vastly overestimate the influence of posters on this forum. Nobody here has the power to stop US planes from invading Syria. I don't think anyone has even suggested that such a thing has happened. Can you check in with your carers and see if they can update you?

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2015, 04:36:51 PM »
Westcoast, I think that you vastly overestimate the influence of posters on this forum. Nobody here has the power to stop US planes from invading Syria. I don't think anyone has even suggested that such a thing has happened. Can you check in with your carers and see if they can update you?

Andrew, I realise with your mid range double digit IQ some posts may be difficult for you to understand, if this is the case simply PM me and I will PM you a simplified version of the post under discussion.  tiphat

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2015, 05:35:16 PM »
Markje are you referring to the Afghan incident or to the claims being made in Syria?
The afghan incident of course, Syria has its own thread.
OO===[][]===OO

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2015, 06:43:46 PM »
US Rejects Hospital Bombing Investigation, Instead Smashes into Hospital in Tank, Destroying Evidence :coffeeread:

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2015/10/us-rejects-investigation-instead-smashes-into-hospital-in-tank-destroying-evidence.html

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2015, 07:54:01 PM »

The Guardian piece has some rather strange wording which without some additional knowledge makes comment hard, at least for me. The Guardian is not, on matters of this sort, any longer a reliable source - at least, not for me.

A quick shufti suggests that, yes, Russian air targeted Sarmin. However the target was a meeting of ISIS and other groups leaders.
The 'hospital' is a field hospital for ISIS fighters and seems to have not been targeted.
The story is, for sure, not as simple as the Guardian tries to make it seem. I am not posting links. Google works well but looking at the sources of the story and how and who is spreading it is interesting.

Westcoast, the US is still dropping bombs in Syria they have agreed protocols with Russia. The targets now seem to be Syrian infrastructure rather than any terrorist targets. I draw your attention to recent attacks upon Aleppo where they destroyed electricity generation and thus water treatment capacity. This seems designed to increase the numbers of refugees by destroying the ability of civilians to continue living in and around Aleppo. That tends to serve the aims of those who the US is claiming to target.

Please don't ask for links, I am sure that you or your carers can use an internet search engine.

Westy, here's an article from the 13th the United states was actively bombing in Syria

As Russia Bombs ISIS, US Bombs Syrian Civilian Power Stations

http://www.activistpost.com/2015/10/as-russia-bombs-isis-us-bombs-syrian-civilian-power-stations.html

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2015, 05:59:49 PM »
'No armed combatants, no fighting': MSF issues Afghan hospital bombing report

https://www.rt.com/news/320920-msf-investigation-afghan-hospital/

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2015, 06:19:16 AM »
The Americans have been back several more times to bomb the generation plant.
Interestingly they do not put the actual generators out of action. They go for the ancillary equipment. The purpose is quite obviously to turn off the power to the city and region and to cause maximum inconvenience by leaving the equipment repairable, so it is repaired, and then damaged again by subsequent attacks.

This is similar to the tactic of wounding rather than killing combatants. Looking after wounded is MUCH more resource intensive than looking after the dead. Same here. If the plant were destroyed then it would stay down, people would know where they stood and nobody would waste resources on rebuilding in a war zone. Repairing though is possible - but requires men, equipment and money, whilst at the same time forcing people to make choices about where to live, whether to become refugees or to stay.

This is an act of evil, carried out by evil people.

In Afghanistan, Kunduz, it now transpires that the US were specifically targeting those who were seeking to get away from the bombarded hospital. The crew of the AC 130 knew what they were doing, they could see the people in wheelchairs trying to evacuate and they shot them.

This is an act of evil, carried out by evil people.

Offline Manny

« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2015, 06:25:28 AM »
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2015, 08:32:10 AM »

Westy, here's an article from the 13th the United states was actively bombing in Syria

As Russia Bombs ISIS, US Bombs Syrian Civilian Power Stations

http://www.activistpost.com/2015/10/as-russia-bombs-isis-us-bombs-syrian-civilian-power-stations.html

Tom Cat if you check the Global Research article  that your article references (1st paragraph) you'll find that the Global Research article uses an unnamed source. As Andrew has said repeatedly unnamed sources are invariably fiction and therefore unreliable and totally false.   

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2015, 08:43:56 AM »
Tom Cat if you check the Global Research article  that your article references (1st paragraph) you'll find that the Global Research article uses an unnamed source. As Andrew has said repeatedly unnamed sources are invariably fiction and therefore unreliable and totally false.
Except if you can use google, it turned up the the planes, their squad number and airbase where they departed from.

So, doesn't look like a dud story even though it used an 'unnamed' source within USA military for confirmation. The blackout itself was enough confirmation that planes struck a powerplant and airbase of departure make it american. No need for sources, its all there.

Its just not news. It was already reported as early as 12 october. Almost a full month ago.

Source: Syrian government.

This bizarre story was initially carried in USA Today and by SANA in Damascus. 10AM Saturday morning, Damascus time, two US built F 16 aircraft crossed the Turkish border into Syria at low altitude. Their bomb loads were dropped on power plants east of Aleppo with collateral damage in a nearby neighborhoods killing up to 5 and injuring as many as a dozen more.

The aircraft flew from Incirlik Air Force Base, home to America’s 10th Air Wing. This is the first coalition attack officially directed against civilian infrastructure targets. The US bombing campaign which began in 2014, has “accidentally” destroyed a number of key Syrian infrastructure projects including water purification and power facilities.

As with the recent bombing in Afghanistan that destroyed a Doctors Without Borders hospital there, American officials are giving out no information on the pilots who flew the aircraft or what unannounced policy change by the Obama government would allow what is a dangerous provocation.
OO===[][]===OO

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2015, 08:54:45 AM »
Except if you can use google, it turned up the the planes, their squad number and airbase where they departed from.

So, doesn't look like a dud story even though it used an 'unnamed' source within USA military for confirmation. The blackout itself was enough confirmation that planes struck a powerplant and airbase of departure make it american. No need for sources, its all there.

Its just not news. It was already reported as early as 12 october. Almost a full month ago.

This bizarre story was initially carried in USA Today and by SANA in Damascus. 10AM Saturday morning, Damascus time, two US built F 16 aircraft crossed the Turkish border into Syria at low altitude. Their bomb loads were dropped on power plants east of Aleppo with collateral damage in a nearby neighborhoods killing up to 5 and injuring as many as a dozen more.

The aircraft flew from Incirlik Air Force Base, home to America’s 10th Air Wing. This is the first coalition attack officially directed against civilian infrastructure targets. The US bombing campaign which began in 2014, has “accidentally” destroyed a number of key Syrian infrastructure projects including water purification and power facilities.

As with the recent bombing in Afghanistan that destroyed a Doctors Without Borders hospital there, American officials are giving out no information on the pilots who flew the aircraft or what unannounced policy change by the Obama government would allow what is a dangerous provocation.

Markje I hope you're not suggesting that Andrew is wrong. Worse yet that Google is correct and Andrew is wrong. We both know that can't be.  :laugh:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2015, 10:06:28 AM »
BBC busted lying again on this subject: https://www.rt.com/op-edge/321022-cowing-bbc-afghanistan-hospital/#

Like RT saying, it wasn't a bomb on the plane ''

https://www.rt.com/op-edge/320347-russia-plane-crash-causes/

But today, they suspended flights..

As for the article.... it is interesting how you agree with a left of centre, anti-establishment, 'conspiracy theorist' when it is a pro Kremlin / anti BBC article..

Too busy, now - but if you allow ...will demonstrate his howlers
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2015, 10:56:39 AM »

Markje got around to checking out your post. You didn't provide a link (poor Internet etiquette) however I'm assuming your post is from this article or one of its clones.

The veteranstoday.com story links to no unbiased sources, in fact it links to no sources. It says "This bizarre story was initially carried in USA Today" but gives no link or screen capture to verify this.

Even stranger the veteranstoday.com story states "If we can confirm this, it would be “smoking gun” evidence of a long suspected US Air Force move against the Obama presidency" then goes on to state "Conformation received from Syrian Intelligence, 5:40PM EST Sunday.". Is the veteranstoday.com article saying the US Air Force has just staged a military coup against Obama and the civilian administration?

Markje, this story is total BS. 

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2015, 11:49:53 AM »
BBC busted lying again on this subject: https://www.rt.com/op-edge/321022-cowing-bbc-afghanistan-hospital/#

I can't stand the BBC. It was always in the back of mind, exactly how this mob operates but during the Scottish Independence referendum, it was clear to all how bias the coverage was. Sickly to watch and difficult to stomach.

We don't actually watch all that much TV and when we do, its usually on demand. Technically, we don't need a TV licence and I no longer contribute to the state run, propaganda machine. I explained all to the phone operator, voiced my dismay at the referendum coverage and made it clear I would no longer contribute to a broken system.

The guy then started an argument and accused me of cancelling payment because 'WE' lost the referendum!  :chuckle:

An idiot some weeks later appeared at the door but I'd revoked his right of entry and told him I no longer watch live TV. I've since got a letter saying they've accepted the matter although I may get a visit again in two years time. Good luck and from what I can gather, a large number of Scots have done likewise. 

Tw@ts.