The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: College Shooting in Oregon, At Least 10 Dead  (Read 2017 times)

Offline WestCoast

College Shooting in Oregon, At Least 10 Dead
« on: October 01, 2015, 02:03:14 PM »
CNN and other media outlets are reporting a shooting at a community college in Roseburg, Oregon in which at least 10 people have been killed and as many as 20 wounded. It's early stages so numbers will vary.

The shooting started at about 10:30 PDT. The shooter is in custody and there's no longer a threat on campus, although the college and surrounding area is closed off.   

http://news.yahoo.com/shooting-umpqua-community-college-oregon-182211198.html
http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/01/us/oregon-college-shooting/index.html
andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

That means I'm a subject matter expert on all things Russia, Ukraine and UK.

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: College Shooting in Oregon, At Least 10 Dead
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 04:04:37 PM »
Americans happily accept monthly mass shootings as collateral damage so they can all have guns; apparently to protect themselves from the government and the trigger-happy cops.

We know that already on here from the ad infinitum debates on Americans and guns.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 04:43:25 PM »
andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 04:53:35 PM »
The shooter is in custody and there's no longer a threat on campus, although the college and surrounding area is closed off.   

The shooter was never in custody; he was killed at the scene in an exchange of gunfire.

Offline Manny

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 04:53:51 PM »
The death toll is up to 13 now. 

http://news.yahoo.com/shooting-umpqua-community-college-oregon-182211198.html

It could be 113 - they still wont have the discussion about taking the guns away.

And people say, "Why don't you come to the US any more?"

When I say the streets there are not safe, and even the cops cannot be trusted not to shoot you, they laugh.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
  • Spouses Country: TBC
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 01:36:47 AM »
Americans happily accept monthly mass shootings as collateral damage so they can all have guns; apparently to protect themselves from the government and the trigger-happy cops.

Of course we don't tolerate pederasty in the name of political correctness; Rotherham wouldn't have happened here b/c, if the police somehow came down with the awful, multi-culti brain-wasting disease that the authorities in Britain have, then the fathers (and let's assume that there were only 20% of the kids that had fathers present) would have organized and taken the muzzie pedos out.

B/B

Yank gun logic.

:'(
I know I am I'm sure I am I'm Rotherham til I die!

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 01:44:17 AM »
How many more, until the USA realises you mustn't give guns to insane/depressed or just downright scary people.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2015, 05:34:17 AM »
How many more, until the USA realises you mustn't give guns to insane/depressed or just downright scary people.

But there's no way the insane/depressed or just downright scary people are going to give up their membership of the NRA or stop paying their lobbyists.

We have met the enemy and he is us!
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Maxx

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2015, 10:19:58 AM »
Was it determined why he killed Christians?

A neighbor, Bronte Harte, told The Associated Press that Mercer "seemed really unfriendly" and would "sit by himself in the dark in the balcony with this little light."

Harte said a woman she believed to be Mercer's mother also lived upstairs and was "crying her eyes out" Thursday.

Social profiles linked to Mercer suggested he was fascinated by the IRA, frustrated by traditional organized religion and tracked other mass shootings.

There didn't seem to be many recent connections on the social media sites linked to Mercer, with his MySpace page just showing two friends.

Oregon Sheriff Won't Name Campus GunmanPlay videoOregon Sheriff Won't Name Campus Gunman
In addition to the MySpace page, Mercer appeared to have at least one online dating profile, a torrents streaming account and a blog.

On a torrents streaming site and blog that appeared to belong to Mercer, posts referenced multiple shootings and downloads included several horror films and a documentary on a mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. A blog post urged readers to watch the online footage of Vester Flanagan shooting two former colleagues on live TV in Virginia, while another lamented materialism as preventing spiritual development.

A MySpace page that appeared to belong to Mercer included several photos and graphics of the Irish Republican Army as well as a picture of Mercer holding a rifle.

Offline Andrew

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2015, 07:56:50 PM »
Another false flag, go to YouTube & see the students being interviewed, why are they all smiling & not a tear to be seen, crisis actors, same as Sandy Hook & the lady news anchor that was allegedly shot by a black man, more media b/s  being used to disarm the American public, keep hold of your weapons Americans, you will need them very soon.

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2015, 09:21:22 PM »
Another false flag, go to YouTube & see the students being interviewed, why are they all smiling & not a tear to be seen, crisis actors, same as Sandy Hook & the lady news anchor that was allegedly shot by a black man, more media b/s  being used to disarm the American public, keep hold of your weapons Americans, you will need them very soon.

It's not the CIA or any agency in the US government, they're obviously not bright enough to pull something like this off. It's the shape shifting space aliens. They live amongst us taking the shape and identity of anyone they want. Slowly over time destablising the US government they obviously want the government to work according to their agenda.

They start with the most powerful government and slowly over time spread across the globe.

They're everywhere

It's possible that even Canada's Justin Bieber is a shape shifting space alien. Which would explain much about his success.

Offline Andrew

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2015, 08:03:09 AM »

It's not the CIA or any agency in the US government, they're obviously not bright enough to pull something like this off. It's the shape shifting space aliens. They live amongst us taking the shape and identity of anyone they want. Slowly over time destablising the US government they obviously want the government to work according to their agenda.

They start with the most powerful government and slowly over time spread across the globe.

They're everywhere

It's possible that even Canada's Justin Bieber is a shape shifting space alien. Which would explain much about his success.

I don't go with the alien reptilian thing myself, I do know that the powers that be have a depopulation plan they are working towards, they need to disarm the public so they can't fight back,

Offline Maxx

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2015, 09:39:08 AM »
Welcome to the board Andrew.  West Coast has tendency to use the 'Reductio ad absurdum' argument along with other fallacious argument techniques. He uses this smiley a lot ~  :chuckle:  Frankly he stands for nothing and just likes to argue. Don't pay him no mind. But if you still choose to engage with him I suggest you get one of these posters

and hang it above your computer screen.

Offline TomT

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2015, 12:29:08 PM »
West Coast has tendency to use the 'Reductio ad absurdum' argument along with other fallacious argument techniques.

... and he slurs over major points such as a perpetrator in custody versus a dead body.

Offline TomT

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2015, 12:32:19 PM »
... I do know that the powers that be have a depopulation plan they are working towards, they need to disarm the public so they can't fight back,

In that case, they should require American men to marry FSU women; the mass castrations that will ensue will support population control.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2015, 01:40:12 PM »
I do know that the powers that be have a depopulation plan they are working towards, they need to disarm the public so they can't fight back,

Welcome to the board, Andrew.

I'll bite.

Who are these 'powers' and how do you know their 'plan'  ?
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Andrew

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2015, 04:56:48 PM »
Welcome to the board Andrew.  West Coast has tendency to use the 'Reductio ad absurdum' argument along with other fallacious argument techniques. He uses this smiley a lot ~  :chuckle:  Frankly he stands for nothing and just likes to argue. Don't pay him no mind. But if you still choose to engage with him I suggest you get one of these posters

Thanks for that Maxx, I've been registered here for years but not visited in a while,
I did have a feeling he was being sarcastic, that's ok if he wants to  believe the b/s
The media are pumping out, he probably still believes sandy hook, Boston marathon, Charleston etc were genuine terrorist attacks. You are 2000 times more likely to be killed by a cop than a terrorist in America, Americans need to stop watching Fox & CNN news stations. Hell, he probably still thinks Osama Bin Laden did the twin towers haha.
We had a tool on gogabber like this, anything to cause an argument & wind people up, but he was from Brighton in UK.

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2015, 06:43:00 PM »

Thanks for that Maxx, I've been registered here for years but not visited in a while,
I did have a feeling he was being sarcastic, that's ok if he wants to  believe the b/s
The media are pumping out, he probably still believes sandy hook, Boston marathon, Charleston etc were genuine terrorist attacks. You are 2000 times more likely to be killed by a cop than a terrorist in America, Americans need to stop watching Fox & CNN news stations. Hell, he probably still thinks Osama Bin Laden did the twin towers haha.
We had a tool on gogabber like this, anything to cause an argument & wind people up, but he was from Brighton in UK.

Andrew if the CIA (by the CIA I'm also including the NSA and all the other US alphabet agencies) was involved in half the false flag operations people like you say they've been involved in the CIA would have to be at least 10 times the size it is.

Think of how many CIA people would have to be involved to plan, supply and execute an operation like 9/11, Sandy Hook, the Boston Marathon bombing and all the other operations they've been accused of doing? I'm sure you also believe Obama was born in Kenya and his ascent to the presidency is a conspiracy arranged by a shadowy global cabal that wants to overthrow democracy in the US and around the world.

Andrew if we're not supposed to watch CNN, Fox and other MSM TV in the US what should we be watching? Perhaps you're a fan of Alex Jones' Infowars?

Offline Anteros

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2015, 08:31:46 PM »
... I do know that the powers that be have a depopulation plan they are working towards, they need to disarm the public so they can't fight back,

In that case, they should require American men to marry FSU women; the mass castrations that will ensue will support population control.

So that's why you haven't posted any baby photos!   :ROFL:
Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2015, 09:09:28 AM »

That would be impossible because they are all insane or seeing a shrink :laugh:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline TomT

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2015, 03:50:17 PM »

You missed the joke completely; American men are always whining about what castrators American women are, never suspecting that the local girls whom they complain about could learn a thing or two from their FSU counterparts.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2015, 01:27:32 AM »

You missed the joke completely; American men are always whining about what castrators American women are, never suspecting that the local girls whom they complain about could learn a thing or two from their FSU counterparts.
I think Anteros never had a conversation with Olga-Mouse when she still frequented this board.

Mark.

OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2015, 02:24:54 AM »

I think Anteros never had a conversation with Olga-Mouse when she still frequented this board.

Mark.

In many aspects of life our Ant's knowledge is probably pretty much limited to the theoretical or hypothetical!  :ROFL:
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2015, 08:20:43 AM »

Mark.

Whatever one thinks of Anteros, he didn't miss the joke; he re-purposed it.

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline TomT

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2015, 08:38:58 AM »
Whatever one thinks of Anteros, he didn't miss the joke; he re-purposed it.

B/B

My joke was better; he was one of the many who denigrated his local women.

Registration