The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Putin Orders USA Out Of Syrian Airspace  (Read 10714 times)

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Putin Orders USA Out Of Syrian Airspace
« Reply #150 on: October 07, 2015, 10:17:09 AM »

Sorry mate but a mobilised, militant group taking up arms against a government, without a political manifesto or game plan, is a terrorist group - end of.

Except, you 'forgot' the part where the dictatorship - then not even 'elected' - kicked this off ..  by attacking peaceful demonstrations

Normal govts. protect their citizens from harm.. those that don't - cannot expect public order to be respected.

Your second point regarding Syria helping out during the gulf wars is incredibly weak of you too. The governments either the good guys or the bad guys and picking and choosing when to demonise them is about as two faced and cowardly as it gets.

Sadly, it was truthful. Please tell me who is right when dealing with China re Taiwan / Tibet or Russia re Abkhazia in relation to Georgia or Bahrain which oppresses Shias, ...... you get my drift.....   The older Assad was quite happy to see Saddam weakened - I'm sure you can see that each nation joining in the coalition in Gulf War I had a different end game.

And finally, I find it both amazing and worrying how some people think getting involved in every conflict across the globe is a sensible thing!! As part of a majority, world community by all means. Thinking that we've got the right to poke our nose into anything we choose, because we're so much morally and technologically superior, eh no! History tells us it's a bad thing yet idiots pull us into conflicts regularly and make matters worse!

I grew up in a nr. civil war situation and amongst bigotry.  I lived on an island were folks were ethnically cleansed... I'm all for 'jaw jaw' - but there comes a limit to seeing folk slaughtered.

In the case of Syria, *I* believe that it would have been correct to create a no fly zone and it was China and Russia that stopped this at the UN.

I've been to Syria. Lebanon and Israel - whilst living in Cyprus - and when I first went to Syria - it was 'an axis of evil' - yet the people I met, were wonderful.

One of my mates married a Lebanese Armenian and I helped her enter the UK as his wife - using the route that I and Wiz had used.

To hear her describe the conditions in the refugee camps in Lebanon - see the photos- it is a crying shame.

It is my firm belief that more or less doing nothing has encouraged this situation.

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Manny

« Reply #151 on: October 07, 2015, 02:11:08 PM »
Normal govts. protect their citizens from harm.. those that don't - cannot expect public order to be respected.

Tell the American police that.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #152 on: October 07, 2015, 02:14:45 PM »

The great thing it's citizens can film such incidents and we all get to see the bad 'uns..

btw  :offtopic:.. :chuckle:

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #153 on: October 07, 2015, 05:04:29 PM »

Tell the Russian government that.

A free fix.  :nod:
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #154 on: October 07, 2015, 05:35:15 PM »
There seems to be a discrepancy in the media's take on Turkey.

Erdogan irate as Putin tears up Turkey's Syria blueprint

http://news.yahoo.com/erdogan-irate-putin-tears-turkeys-syria-blueprint-141046732.html
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #155 on: October 08, 2015, 03:48:09 AM »

I assume that you both disagree with Manny's statement and that you think that Russia is somehow worse than the USA.

I am interested by these suggestions.

Have there been any race riots in Russia about which I am unaware?
Have the Russian police been killing unarmed members of the public?

Do the US police not have quite a record of violence unfortunate accidents against those they are tasked to 'protect and serve'?

In essence, please can you tell us how it is that you think that the US police are NOT failing in their task and that Russian police are?
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #156 on: October 08, 2015, 04:11:34 AM »
Andrewfi..as my dealings with Russian / American Police have always related to checks.. immigration and vehicular.. and all were polite, I can't say either nations' police 'scare' me...

If you had asked me about the attitude to Black people ..I could have told you that many FSU people I encounter are closet racists... 'Monkey' being a term I hear...

No race riots... just 50-100k killed for seeking to become an independent state. 

I noted how carefully you phrased your question.

Online AvHdB

« Reply #157 on: October 08, 2015, 08:14:29 AM »

I assume that you both disagree with Manny's statement and that you think that Russia is somehow worse than the USA.

I am interested by these suggestions.

Have there been any race riots in Russia about which I am unaware?
Have the Russian police been killing unarmed members of the public?

Do the US police not have quite a record of violence unfortunate accidents against those they are tasked to 'protect and serve'?

In essence, please can you tell us how it is that you think that the US police are NOT failing in their task and that Russian police are?

No Andrew, the United States, Russia and a multiple of other countries leave allot to desire. One could look at how homosexuals are treated in Russia, or black minorities in both The United States or Russia. How women now face greater negative bias in Russia as opposed to the former Soviet Union.

Where as in America women have made strides, and problems generally are not hidden.

There is a somewhat free press as opposed to Russia.

If you want a perfect place move to Erewhon or Utopia.

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #158 on: October 08, 2015, 09:03:16 AM »
Russia Makes It Rainy Days for Would-Be Sultan Erdogan and America's Geopolitical Jihadi Tools

http://russia-insider.com/en/politics/russia-makes-it-rainy-days-would-be-sultan-erdogan-and-americas-geopolitical-jihadi-tools

The western media is making a lot to do about nothing with Turkey.

Nato ready to 'defend' Turkey as Russia strikes Syria

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/08/nato-ready-to-deploy-forces-to-defend-turkey-against-any-threats
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #159 on: October 08, 2015, 11:14:31 AM »
AvHdB, really mate, go talk to your wife, have sex with her or something. Time for you to stop the ranting about stuff you quite obviously know nothing about.

I rather hope that this recent stuff is pissed posting, but worry about why that might be.

If it is pissed posting then PUT. THE. GLASS. DOWN!

If it isn't pissed posting then why have you changed from a relatively sensible bloke to, well, something else?

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #160 on: November 03, 2015, 12:51:18 PM »
Would seem Russia and the United states have found a way to coexist in the sky over Syria.

Russian, US air forces hold joint exercises in Syria

https://www.rt.com/news/320675-russia-us-exercises-syria/

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #161 on: November 03, 2015, 01:27:24 PM »
Would seem Russia and the United states have found a way to coexist in the sky over Syria.

See, they can play nice together, the big boy just needed to learn how to play without breaking all the toys!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #162 on: November 04, 2015, 12:24:01 AM »

See, they can play nice together, the big boy just needed to learn how to play without breaking all the toys!

Hmm,

' joint exercise' ..

That appears to be somewhat of an exaggeration..Also in the same article from Russia Today

Meanwhile, Pentagon spokesperson Captain Jeff Davis has denied that the action was a joint exercise, instead calling it a “communications test.”

“The test was conducted. This test was a prudent measure solely to ensure that, in the event coalition aircraft encounter a Russian aircraft during operations in Syria, one of the established and agreed upon modes of communication in the agreement functioned,” Davis said in a statement.

I doubt the Pentagon spokesman even ''denied it'' - just explained the situation, more accurately

Offline Wiz

« Reply #163 on: November 04, 2015, 07:38:47 AM »

Meanwhile, Pentagon spokesperson Captain Jeff Davis has denied that the action was a joint exercise, instead calling it a “communications test.”

“The test was conducted. This test was a prudent measure solely to ensure that, in the event coalition aircraft encounter a Russian aircraft during operations in Syria, one of the established and agreed upon modes of communication in the agreement functioned,” Davis said in a statement.

Yes they had to have this "communication test.... practice.....so the Russian's learn how to be polite and not go shooting at them before..... saying ''Hello''  to the naughty American boys who are asked to NOT  put their noses in somebody else Garden!

Nice move by Putin, to allow ''saving face to the Americans''  before .... any friendly fire creates  collateral damages.

How many sets has Russia won against the American Admin Nil Score?

Anybody knows the score? :ROFL:
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Online AvHdB

« Reply #164 on: November 04, 2015, 08:49:25 AM »

Yes they had to have this "communication test.... practice.....so the Russian's learn how to be polite and not go shooting at them before..... saying ''Hello''  to the naughty American boys who are asked to NOT  put their noses in somebody else Garden!

And where does Russia, besides Ukraine and Syria have its nose?

Offline Wiz

« Reply #165 on: November 04, 2015, 01:40:27 PM »

And where does Russia, besides Ukraine and Syria have its nose?

I say Tomato .... and you say Potato.

Intelligent posters always answer the question first and then..... write their point of view but you do neither!

Using an old, ignorant wome's, trick who have nothing to say or contribute, (replying with a question), to intelligent conversations is not a clever responce.  :smokin:
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!