The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Putin Orders USA Out Of Syrian Airspace  (Read 5464 times)

Online shakespear

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 20+
Putin Orders USA Out Of Syrian Airspace
« on: September 30, 2015, 08:46:58 AM »
WOW! 

Putin playing hardball with the weakling Obama.

Based on his track record in Crimea, do you really think Putin will leave Syria when Isis is defeated?

WHEN a USA drone or manned platform is shot down,and it WILL happen we could have an international incident that could lead to another cold war.

Putin's aggressive behavior will certainly help the Republicans in the coming elections.  But I think he already knows they're probably going to win so deduced there was no reason to delay.  Better to act now with a weak US President in power and consolidate whatever gains can be made.   
"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun" - Katharine Hepburn

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
Re: Putin Orders USA Out Of Syrian Airspace
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 09:33:40 AM »
This was on Fox News with no proof.

Any truth to it?  :-[
I apologise.
And so he should.........

Online shakespear

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 10:14:41 AM »
Any truth to it?  :-[

Manny, the Russian Air Force is bombing Assad's enemies (Free Syria Army)as I type this - not Isis.

They have formally requested the USA remove their air power from Syrian air space. 

These two statements are FACT!
"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun" - Katharine Hepburn

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 10:28:32 AM »
is it fact or is it Fox fiction.

I have yet to see a source other than a reference to Fox that confirms this 'news'.

In fact, if such a thing has happened it runs counter to what had already been agreed and made public by your government and the Russian government. There's work to be done but the ceasefire documents are due to be signed in Prague.

The Syrian Free Army is now Nusra. They joined forces some months ago. It is probably going to seem appropriate for some faction of your thought leadership to promote the idea that this never happened.

As at this time a ceasefire has been agreed between the Syrian government and what have been termed the 'moderate opposition'.

I rather think that somebody is pulling noodles over American ears ...again.
"For what else is the life of man but a kind of play in which men in various costumes perform until the director motions them offstage?" -Erasmus

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 10:34:26 AM »

I have yet to see a source other than a reference to Fox that confirms this 'news'.

In fact, if such a thing has happened it runs counter to what had already been agreed and made public by your government and the Russian government. There's work to be done but the ceasefire documents are due to be signed in Prague.

The Syrian Free Army is now Nusra. They joined forces some months ago. It is probably going to seem appropriate for some faction of your thought leadership to promote the idea that this never happened.

As at this time a ceasefire has been agreed between the Syrian government and what have been termed the 'moderate opposition'.

Really no other source? You do know about search engines?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/30/politics/russia-syria-airstrikes-isis/

"A Russian official in Baghdad this morning informed U.S. Embassy personnel that Russian military aircraft would begin flying anti-ISIL missions today over Syria," said spokesman John Kirby. "He further requested that U.S. aircraft avoid Syrian airspace during these missions."

There's another source. There are others.
Ipsa scientia potestas est. Knowledge itself is power.   Sir Francis Bacon

Online yankee

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 10:42:26 AM »

I suggest you check with AP or other news services.  You of all people should find that easy to do.
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2015, 11:06:58 AM »
Russia has begun its bombing campaign in Syria. Russia's first target was the city of Homs, one of three ISIS-free provinces Russia bombed today.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2015/09/30/putin-cleared-to-use-troops-in-syria.html?via=desktop&source=facebook
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2015/09/30/russian-parliament-troops-abroad/73072884/

Offline Manny

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2015, 11:16:08 AM »

We know about dishonest American media.

"A Russian official in Baghdad this morning informed U.S. Embassy personnel that Russian military aircraft would begin flying anti-ISIL missions today over Syria," said spokesman John Kirby. "He further requested that U.S. aircraft avoid Syrian airspace during these missions."

What Russian official? It must be a high up named one to order request the US stay out of the way while the adults sort out ISIS. Why is he not named? Because he doesn't exist and Fox simply made it up?  :chuckle:

Funny that Russian media didn't document this "demand" though, eh? They would have enjoyed doing so.

Readers will observe that Fox said "orders" and CNN said "requested". Quite different.

Even if they did tell the Yanks to get out of the way, it would be quite reasonable. A) Having funded/created ISIS and causing all this, B) Having no proper reason to be there anyway, C) If Russia is bombing terrorists in the region, the worlds biggest terrorist is fair game - so they should be thankful of being warned in advance.

I can see the Yanks are having trouble grasping an operation happening they have no say in. Better they get used to it and go home and sort out Ferguson. :prophead:
I apologise.

Offline Maxx

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2015, 11:17:03 AM »

Obama has no desire to squash IS.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2015, 11:17:21 AM »
Reading is tough for you guys isn't it!

No need for the rhetorical question mark here - the point is obvious.

Shakespear made a claim that seems to only exist on Fox as an unsupported work of fiction. Other sources have made entirely the opposite suggestion.

You guys are busy linking to stuff that backs up the reality - not that the US has been asked/told to leave Syria but that they are coordinating activity. The US was told where and when Russia would be acting so that there would be no problems. That is NOT the same as Fox were suggesting, nor is it what you guys are now claiming.

Go and read - or ask your carers for their help in reading it to you.

Russia is acting against those that are seeking to overthrow the legitimate government of Syria - as they were asked to do and as they said they would do.

What is going to happen in the US media for a few days is confusion, conflicting narratives/lies until your thought leaders have finished processing the new status quo. At that time the media will be given their new scripts and you will be told what to think about the new reality.

Your confusion is understandable guys - your thought leaders don't know what to think yet, so obviously you don't. Don't worry, it'll get better again!

"For what else is the life of man but a kind of play in which men in various costumes perform until the director motions them offstage?" -Erasmus

Offline Manny

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2015, 11:34:39 AM »
As usual, Twitter has already busted Fox #fauxnews lying.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

The confusion among our American friends that someone other than them are dropping bombs without their input seems not to compute.

So as usual, Russia is made to look the enemy as Faux News make stuff up. I think they really watch that crap and believe it is news. It breaks up the dentist and lawyer commercials I guess.
I apologise.

Offline Manny

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2015, 11:39:29 AM »
the Russian Air Force is bombing Assad's enemies

Oh gosh.

Russia is helping out the elected president and legitimate government of a country overcome terrorists and invaders in accordance with international law.

Whatever shall we do about this lawful action that happens to be in line with the US's stated aims? 

Yes, make shit up as usual. Russia is bad because [insert made up stuff here]. That works. :chuckle:
I apologise.

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2015, 11:44:45 AM »

We know about dishonest American media.

This from someone who admires one of the most corrupt countries in Europe. Where the top media outlets are literally owned by the Kremlin.

What Russian official? It must be a high up named one to order request the US stay out of the way while the adults sort out ISIS. Why is he not named? Because he doesn't exist and Fox simply made it up?  :chuckle:

I didn't quote any Fox News sources.

Funny that Russian media didn't document this "demand" though, eh? They would have enjoyed doing so.

I didn't check the Russian media. Can you prove they didn't?

Readers will observe that Fox said "orders" and CNN said "requested". Quite different.

Maybe CNN was just being polite. They're really a group of progressives. Could be a translation error? Maybe the Russian source was speaking with a thick accent and it was translated as best as possible.

Even if they did tell the Yanks to get out of the way, it would be quite reasonable. A) Having funded/created ISIS and causing all this, B) Having no proper reason to be there anyway, C) If Russia is bombing terrorists in the region, the worlds biggest terrorist is fair game - so they should be thankful of being warned in advance.

I can see the Yanks are having trouble grasping an operation happening they have no say in. Better they get used to it and go home and sort out Ferguson. :prophead:

Really didn't have to worry about the US Air Force or other countries' air forces anyway, the USAF and others were bombing ISIS, the Russians were bombing civilians and the Syrian president's opposition. The Russians were no where near any ISIS bases.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2015, 11:45:07 AM »
These are not 'Assad's enemies' are they?
These are enemies of the Syrian State - that is a rather different thing, yes?

You do understand the difference between a person and an institution, yes?

As I noted up thread, your thought leaders will get all the major news outlets on song once again when they have sorted out what the story is going to be. Right now the cognitive dissonance is going to hurt you for a few days. Don't worry, the nice TV will make everything better for you.

For an update: CLICK HERE!

Offline Manny

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2015, 12:16:56 PM »
Westy, like the man said............

I apologise.