The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Do Ukrainians still need Schengen Visa in 2016?  (Read 985 times)

Offline atomi

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1-5
Do Ukrainians still need Schengen Visa in 2016?
« on: September 28, 2015, 02:19:24 PM »
Hello,

I am from Germany and my girlfriend from Kiev did not get a Schegen-Visa, the German embassy refused it without any reason. On the German internet I stumbled upon a report that from 2016 Ukrainians dont need Schengen-Visa anymore: russland-partnervermittlung.de/einreise-ukrainischer-frauen-in-deutschland-und-osterreich-ohne-visa-hurden-in-2016/  I cannot find any confirmation about this in the German internet, do you guys have some information about it?

If from 2016 she wont need to apply for visa anymore I would wait until then and meet her instead of applying again for visa in another Schengen country. It is really terrible for refugees borders are open, but Ukrainians face huge problems by entering EU.

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Do Ukrainians still need Schengen Visa in 2016?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 03:26:01 PM »
Your link doesn't say they wont need visas from 2016.
I apologise.
And so he should.........

Offline abashka

• Spouses Country: Finished with dating
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 03:06:38 AM »
Try to get a Greek one or Italian one, they are easy. German is not easy even for Russians.

Offline Texan77

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 04:33:23 AM »
Hello,

I am from Germany and my girlfriend from Kiev did not get a Schegen-Visa, the German embassy refused it without any reason. On the German internet I stumbled upon a report that from 2016 Ukrainians dont need Schengen-Visa anymore: russland-partnervermittlung.de/einreise-ukrainischer-frauen-in-deutschland-und-osterreich-ohne-visa-hurden-in-2016/  I cannot find any confirmation about this in the German internet, do you guys have some information about it?

If from 2016 she wont need to apply for visa anymore I would wait until then and meet her instead of applying again for visa in another Schengen country. It is really terrible for refugees borders are open, but Ukrainians face huge problems by entering EU.

I think it is likely better for you to go to Kyiv and meet her first. She likely just did not have enough travel experience or financial reserve to qualified for a visa.

Sometimes is easier to get a visa from other countries then after a few trips she my get approved in Germany. One cheap way to do this is to take a bus trip to Poland or Romania. They get a visa for her and they are more likely to get it approved because she has an exact trip and paid for it through a travel agent.

Then after a couple of trips have the same travel agency book her a flight complete with visa and hotel stay in larger German city where you just happen to meet her. Now that she a regular customer of the agent and has a history of taking European tours she is more likely to get approved.

If you continue to have problems then take several trips to Poland then they are likely to give her a multi entry visa to Poland. This way she can take a trip to Poland then catch bus or train to Germany then return to Poland before going home. You may know more about this than I do because I have never been to the Polish Germany border. But my understanding is there is no border control and even if she is stopped in Germany it is not a problem on a short trip if she has a Polish Visa and enter the Schengen area through Poland. I think this is a lot easier to solve than it would be for me in the states.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 04:54:43 AM »
Errrmmm....

There's a rule with the Schengen visa. It ain't hard. ;)

One applies for the visa from the country that is the primary destination for the visitor. Don't believe me? CLICK HERE!

If one gets a 'practice visa' from Greece, for example, and tries to use it to enter Germany then there is a real chance that the entry will be refused. If traveling by air the airline would be within their rights to refuse boarding with such a visa.

Of course one might get away with it. But not getting away with it will be a most unfortunate outcome. I have had the experience of traveling with somebody on a visa issued from the 'wrong' country and I am sure that had I not been traveling with my companion she would have been refused entry. The experience of a refusal of entry is degrading and stressful. In our case we were actually not in the wrong but the border official's information was out of date - it does not matter, the process is the same. :(
"For what else is the life of man but a kind of play in which men in various costumes perform until the director motions them offstage?" -Erasmus

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 06:28:35 AM »
Thats an easy one to solve!!

Tell her to chuck her passport away, put a hijab on then claim asylum at the border, they cannot refuse!

The good thing about taking this route is she will be housed (Which means you can move in with her  :laugh: )
and probably receive benefits  :chuckle:

Go for it >:(
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online msmoby

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 05:35:09 PM »
Try to get a Greek one or Italian one, they are easy. German is not easy even for Russians.

I think the criteria has toughened up, but an unemployed friend of SC's got a German Schengen on proof of having 500 Euros in his bank account - and his staying with relatives, in Germany - who wrote a letter stating he would stay with them.

He got a visa that expired the day he planned to leave - the duration of his holiday, only

Online msmoby

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 05:45:56 PM »
Errrmmm....

There's a rule with the Schengen visa. It ain't hard. ;)

One applies for the visa from the country that is the primary destination for the visitor. Don't believe me? CLICK HERE!

If one gets a 'practice visa' from Greece, for example, and tries to use it to enter Germany then there is a real chance that the entry will be refused. If traveling by air the airline would be within their rights to refuse boarding with such a visa.

IF andrewfi had taken the time to read the link he had posted..

''In case there is no main destination but just a random visit to several Schengen countries, the applicant has to apply for the visa in the embassy/consulate on the first Schengen country he/she will enter according to the itinerary.''

He knows, VERY well, that if the traveller is accompanied by someone who can travel freely and is supporting the companion, that the visa national will have no issues - as the Immigration officer would have to demonstrate that the application was made knowing the plan was to remain in one country above all others.

I know PLENTY of UA nationals who regularly apply for and get Polish Schengen visas and will visit Germany, too. They have jobs and western partners / relatives / friends who accompany / meet them.