The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: My first trip to Keiv  (Read 2174 times)

Online msmoby

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: My first trip to Keiv
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2015, 01:49:51 AM »
  Nice pics, and a good looking gal you landed!  :thumbsup: Just goes to show that Ukraine is not fished out as some here often say.

All the best in the future.

Quite...

Teamplayer... is that the 'blue lake' - south of Kyiv  ? 

Offline teamplayer4sure

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2015, 03:32:56 PM »
No, this was a beach club on the Dnipro River.

Online msmoby

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2015, 03:35:16 PM »

:bow:

What's the going rate for a sun lounger with parasol, these days ?

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2015, 05:06:35 PM »

:bow:

What's the going rate for a sun lounger with parasol, these days ?

Depends if it comes with a smokin hot ova. But seeing that there has been frost around Kivy recently, most likely all are packed away.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online msmoby

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2015, 06:50:04 PM »
Temp might drop below 20C soon in Sochi.... BIG SHOCK ifcthey had frost !)

Offline Borsch

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2015, 07:32:05 AM »
Nice post and pics :)

Her not bringing up serious topics would be a yellow flag for me - not good, but not necessarily bad either given the situation (You met her for 7 days and she didn't expect it to go further at the time). If it continues then I would be a little more worried and start asking them myself. She is 'older' with children so you'd think she'd be serious straight away.

Free holiday is always an issue to be wary of. Some key things to look out for is if she is paying for anything from as little as some bits of food to her flights. Not saying it is possible for every girl but if she does then that's a good sign. Also, whether she fights for some tiny price discount by haggling or shopping around etc, when using your money. Genuine interest in seeing your home town is also good since it's like a taste of things to come.

I would also probe the US Visa situation mainly to understand what type of visa it is (if anything other than tourist or business). May or may not impact you in the future when you want to tie the knot and move her to your home (if that's the plan).

If you ever visit her again and she introduces you to her family/friends then that's a good sign. Unless you are there to pay their big sushi bill  :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

I wouldn't cut ties with any alternatives yet since it's quite easy to make almost any relationship last a month let alone 7 days. She may also have other alternatives herself which will leave you with nothing if you end things with everyone else too soon. You can probably better assess the situation after she visits you at your home town.

BTW, lucky to have 7 days! Most people might get 0 days to 1 day in a week  ;D

All the best

Offline teamplayer4sure

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2016, 07:06:48 PM »
Well; It has been a while since my last post and much has happened since. Irina came to Texas in September and then again in November for the Thanksgiving Holiday and I went to Kiev for New Years and Christmas. In September we blasted off for the Texas Hill Country for a few days of motorcycle riding. We spent nights at a Bed and Breakfast at Canyon Lake. It was an amazing time of fun and romance.  The weather was perfect and there is no better place in Texas for a road trip than west of San Antonio. The Thanksgiving holiday started off with a night spent in the Houston Galleria area and was followed by a day of shopping for Christmas. We had a great traditional holiday and then went to San Antonio and Austin for some site seeing and romance.  Our relationship continues to flourish. It has now reached a point where we miss each other within a couple days, (ok, hours  :) ) of our departures. We have now been dating for 8 months and we have phone and texting contact every day. I will post some pics from September and then come back with some from her visit in November. 

Offline teamplayer4sure

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2016, 07:09:54 PM »
Pics from September

Offline teamplayer4sure

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2016, 07:16:17 PM »
Some more pics from Irina's trip to Texas in September.

Online msmoby

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2016, 08:56:04 PM »
Great pics, teamplayer :thumbsup:

Offline Anteros

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2016, 11:33:21 AM »
Excellent photos teamplayer, congratulations.  :)
Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.