The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Putin Interview on 60 Minutes (USA television)  (Read 7511 times)

Offline Wiz

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Putin Interview on 60 Minutes (USA television)
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2015, 12:38:29 PM »
Egypt. ..  I don't remember when the west sent force to remove a leader... enlighten me

"The Suez Crisis, also named the Tripartite Aggression, and the Kadesh Operation was an invasion of Egypt in late 1956 by Israel, followed by Britain and France. The aims were to regain Western control of the Suez Canal and to remove Egyptian President Gamal Abdel Nasser from power. After the fighting had started, the United States, the Soviet Union, and the United Nations forced the three invaders to withdraw. The episode humiliated Great Britain and France and strengthened Nasser."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suez_Crisis ....... Happy Now?

I see that you publicly admit..... you are a "Malakas"! Enough said thanks.

As about spitting out to Andrew, some of your malakies, I don't have to do it! ..... He can make a search on this board and find out what you were posting against your previous Russian experience with V, or did you kissed Manny's back side to delete them?

I just read that stupid article in your favoured fascist newspaper.

My Granddaughter, who is 5 years old.... could write 10 times better more comprehensive article...... and not spewing out the Obama line.

As about the Greek genocide of the people in Pontos, by the Turks, that was back in 1922 and your majesty's government had something to do with it! So read better the history.

I suggest do not start me on the gunboat politics against Greece, by the British Empire. You will not like what I will bring out....... from your own people, like Chris Woodhouse!

Just a small question..... What happened to the Greek Gold deposited to the UK, after the WWII  for safety by the ex King George of Greece. It was never returned!

Why did you escape Cyprus?
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2015, 01:15:50 PM »

You can't compare that to Syria, other than that the muzzies started the fight [as usual] There is no resemblance whatsoever.

Wow, history  - as most know it  - is being re-written. Kindly, point out to me how followers of Islam 'kicked' off the last Balkan crisis... are you getting mixed up with WW1  ?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnian_War

Do your own reading please. As you like wikipedia, you should have no problem accepting the truth hereafter.

Fine, so based on your premise - Russia had what 'right' to remove the Republic of Crimea Prime Minister, take control of TV / radio stations and surround Ukraine Military bases, THEN hold a 'referendum'  ?
Most of the Gov't in Crimea is still there, other than 2-3 top politicians.

And how you surround a province that from north-west to northeast borders on Ukraine is beyond me.

Iraq.. the idiot -Saddam Hussain - was told by Hans BliX to stop boasting he had WMD
You didn't answer the question, SH was removed, did the country get better?

Afghanistan.. I'm sure most young ladies who are now 'allowed' to be educated might think differently .. The problem is what happens when the help leaves ... as the unfortunate residents of Kunduz will now.
You mean that it got WORSE after we helped them, good to have you onboard finally.
Egypt. ..  I don't remember when the west sent force to remove a leader... enlighten me
Right, there was peace for over 30 years and all of the sudden there was a riot.. pleaazze. At his age, they could've waited him out
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2015, 02:45:01 PM »
This seems rather illustrative of the 'cultural' distance between the US and the rest of the world. A rift that became much more obvious on Monday afternoon. Of course most USAians who troubled to watch the first speech will have been diverted to watching recycled news about the maybe, possibility, of water on Mars and so not seen Putin's speech.

...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2015, 03:06:54 PM »
This seems rather illustrative of the 'cultural' distance between the US and the rest of the world. A rift that became much more obvious on Monday afternoon. Of course most USAians who troubled to watch the first speech will have been diverted to watching recycled news about the maybe, possibility, of water on Mars.

If Putin truly believes what he says why did he invade Ukraine even if done via surrogates? By now there's no doubt Putin was behind the separatists in Ukraine.

Belarus is certainly following Russia's development model. Alexander Lukashenko knows if he doesn't step forward and salute when Putin speaks there'll soon be an opening for president of Belarus. 
andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

That means I'm a subject matter expert on all things Russia, Ukraine and UK.

Offline Manny

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2015, 04:01:37 PM »
If Putin truly believes what he says why did he invade Ukraine even if done via surrogates? By now there's no doubt Putin was behind the separatists in Ukraine.

Belarus is certainly following Russia's development model. Alexander Lukashenko knows if he doesn't step forward and salute when Putin speaks there'll soon be an opening for president of Belarus.

Your conspiracy theories are getting the better of you again.

Understand the world is changing.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2015, 05:47:24 PM »

Your conspiracy theories are getting the better of you again.

Understand the world is changing.

This from the man who says all western media are against Russia and sees CIA involvement in everything the west does concerning Russia.  :laugh: You're the master of conspiracy theories.

andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2015, 12:40:29 AM »

Quote from: Markje
You can't compare that to Syria, other than that the muzzies started the fight [as usual] There is no resemblance whatsoever.

Wow, history  - as most know it  - is being re-written. Kindly, point out to me how followers of Islam 'kicked' off the last Balkan crisis... are you getting mixed up with WW1  ?

Quote from: Markje
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnian_War

Do your own reading please. As you like wikipedia, you should have no problem accepting the truth hereafter.

IF you read the article, you'll find the JNA- 'Yugoslav' army - was using B-H to attack the Croats and set about massacring Croat villages... not that the Croats were 'angels' to the Serbs of Krajina.

The leader of the Bosnian Muslims bent over backwards not to antagonise the JNA ..

THANKS for proving my point ..

Quote from: msmoby

Fine, so based on your premise - Russia had what 'right' to remove the Republic of Crimea Prime Minister, take control of TV / radio stations and surround Ukraine Military bases, THEN hold a 'referendum'  ?

Quote from: markje

Nonsense, they were either forcibly removed or banned

And how you surround a province that from north-west to northeast borders on Ukraine is beyond me.

Please try to read before posting contextual nonsense - I referred to the Russian forces present on the peninsula surrounding Ukrainian bases, govt. institutions, TV/radio stns and transmitters... These were the breaches of the UN charter which resulted in the 100-11 and 13-1 votes at the UN

Quote from: moby
Iraq.. the idiot -Saddam Hussain - was told by Hans Blix to stop boasting he had WMD

Please check - you made a statement - now you are asking this question for the first time. No, it got worse - in the vacuum. It could have worked out well, but for the stupidity of the Shia PM. Certainly, the Kurds were much happier.

Afghanistan.. I'm sure most young ladies who are now 'allowed' to be educated might think differently .. The problem is what happens when the help leaves ... as the unfortunate residents of Kunduz will now.

You mean that it got WORSE after we helped them, good to have you onboard finally.

Sighs, The point I'm making is that life is far better for most - especially females.. 

Right, there was peace for over 30 years and all of the sudden there was a riot.. pleaazze. At his age, they could've waited him out

Again, which western force 'went in' to 'remove' Mubarak ?
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2015, 03:12:07 AM »

IF you read the article, you'll find the JNA- 'Yugoslav' army - was using B-H to attack the Croats and set about massacring Croat villages... not that the Croats were 'angels' to the Serbs of Krajina.

The leader of the Bosnian Muslims bent over backwards not to antagonise the JNA ..

THANKS for proving my point ..

So you didn't read the article, then agree with your previous post and then thanks for the point? Strange logic.

Why don't you go and ask Cmdr. Karremans of the UN-Forces there who did the ethnic cleansing exactly when Srebrenica fell. The Dutchbat mission had to literally drive over the barricades of Muslim men who refused to let them leave.  But thats ok, you live in your own happy little feely world, where muslims are good and this never happened.

Nonsense, they were either forcibly removed or banned
Right and thats based upon what exactly?

The only people that left office were the ones demoted by Ukraine because of the 'illegal attempt at seperation' in 2014. After they went through with the Referendum they resigned anyway, as to not influence the legitimacy of the result. But the west still denied the result as valid.

Please read up on this stuff , you're making a fool of yourself.

Please try to read before posting contextual nonsense - I referred to the Russian forces present on the peninsula surrounding Ukrainian bases, govt. institutions, TV/radio stns and transmitters... These were the breaches of the UN charter which resulted in the 100-11 and 13-1 votes at the UN
Ummm, if some 'little green men' tried to surround bases in Northern ireland (for wanting to join the UK) you can bet your ass that the UK-Army will be there surrounding those green-men within hours of reporting it. Thats why my quote is exactly relevant.

Please check - you made a statement - now you are asking this question for the first time. No, it got worse - in the vacuum. It could have worked out well, but for the stupidity of the Shia PM. Certainly, the Kurds were much happier.
Aha so it got worse, again good to have you admit to it.

Sighs, The point I'm making is that life is far better for most - especially females.. 
So they get to read and be educated, but at the same time the chances of rape and mutilation went up a notch or 10.... good to know you find that better than before, i have a different opinion.

Again, which western force 'went in' to 'remove' Mubarak ?
The same force that drove Yanukovich from office with Dollars. But you don't believe that either, not even with the 2 heads of the EU (Rompuy & van Baalen) jumping on maidan screaming 'we have won!'.

Mark.
OO===[][]===OO

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2015, 02:28:59 PM »
Back on topic:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/09/30/putin-tv-russian-airstrikes-are-sacred.html

CHEERS09.30.151:15 PM ET

Putin TV: Russian Airstrikes Are ‘Sacred’

RT ordinarily hates it when outside countries start attacking the Middle East. Except when those countries include Russia.

Russia Today heard about Vladimir Putin’s new airstrikes in Syria. And boy, is the Kremlin-funded television network excited.

There are multiple stories on the homepage of RT-America praising Wednesday’s announcement that Russian bombs are now dropping on Syria. One piece even declares that “war on terror is sacred,” in the words of senior cleric in the Russian Orthodox Church.

“Terrorism is immoral and we need to protect those who are being driven from their lands by war,” the cleric, Vsevolod Chaplin, noted.

“Whatever they are trying to justify terrorism with, it cannot be justified. Thus, any fight against terrorism is moral, we can even call it a holy fight,” Chaplin told reporters.”

It’s quite a change of pace for RT, which has long decried outside involvement in the Middle East—and blasted those suggesting a build-up of Russian forces in the region.

An op-ed on the site claims that Russia’s efforts in Syria are going to be drastically different than the failed attempts of the United States to deal with ISIS.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2015, 02:39:36 PM »
Looks like Obama the global Marxist Feminist LGBTQ crusading SJW is still to dopey to realize that the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Nuclear armed Russia with no qualms about using lethal force to pacify radical islamist Oblasts and semi autonomous regions putting tough as nails Muslim strongmen in place loyal to the Kremlin for their military power - has decided to go after ISIS and more than 2,000+ Russian citizen ISIS fighters and pacify them Chechen and Dagestan style before they all come home to roost in the Moscow Subway systems and high speed rail lines and airports... agitating among Moscows 3 Million muslims working there in the process.

ISIS is an enemy of the USA and the USA's hated Shia puppet regime in Baghdad.

ISIS has made itself an enemy of the Kremlin and scared holy shite out of Russian client countries in the middle east and beyond (Iran, Iraq, Saudis, UAE, Syria, ISRAEL where many Russian Jewish Oligarchs loyal to Putin maintain crash pads if and when they piss off the Kremlin).

So we see the pivot of the former US Allies under coward traitor LGBTQ civil rights first Obama to the Kremlin before our very eyes - looks like the Kremlins European trading partners begged him to do something about the islamist invasion of Europe - save us Lord Putin of Mother Russia and we will forget about Ukraine and Crimea and tell the Obamaounists to back the phuck off.

The enemy of our enemies is our friend except when you are a pro LGBTQ Obama Marxist Feminist SJW crusader.... 

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2015, 09:25:43 AM »
Funny but very close to the way I thought about this CBS/Putin interview:

http://kunstler.com/clusterf\uck-nation/tick-tick-tick/
OO===[][]===OO

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2015, 01:51:13 PM »
Another interesting benefit of Putin's strong willed leadership in Moscow and across all of Mother Russia - turns out to be one of the best and getting better hunting grounds for mothers of your future children.

http://www.returnofkings.com/71385/russia-is-becoming-a-more-attractive-place-for-neomasculine-men-to-call-home

Offline jake11

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2015, 02:18:53 PM »
The monolithic culture of the past contributed to the success of Putin. Maybe they're God inspired too. "Give to Ceasar what is suppose to be to him and to God what is suppose to be to Him" given that almost all Russians belong to the Orthodox church. The only man who had the courage to tell this in front of Obama's face with utter disrespect: "There is no alternative to democratic capitalism"- Putin. No wonder Obama wants to choke him. :laugh:
There are only three professional spies in the world: Vladimir Putin, Vladimir Putin, and Vladimir Putin.

Offline Manny

« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2015, 04:22:49 PM »
ISIS is an enemy of the USA

Fox and CNN may tell you that, but you people funded and supported them. They are your cohorts.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2015, 05:09:18 PM »

Fox and CNN may tell you that, but you people funded and supported them. They are your cohorts.

:laugh:

Arab nations like S.Arabia and Qatar - along with US funded anti-Assad factions. That the likes of 'IS' and  al-Nusra have been more ruthless and successful and acquired the hardware simply proves that not putting boots on the ground was unwise.

Suggesting direct funding is ...well TOTALLY naive or just ignorant

Offline Manny

« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2015, 01:52:29 AM »

Perhaps all the Hummers and Humvees that these former camel jockeys drive come from somewhere other than the US? Oh right, they just happened to get them - along with a few billion dollars and loads of arms - from some blokes in Iraq.

The fact that the US is bellyaching that Russia is now wiping out the terrorists they funded, you must have missed.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2015, 02:05:13 AM »
Overnight there were suggestions from Madland, formerly the Land Of The Free, that the US would step up its activity in Syria, in defence of 'forces opposed to Assad' whether this is just more hot air or something more is unimportant. What is significant is that it is clear that the U.S sees ISIS as an asset worth defending given that they do not have any other assets actually in play right now.

Also, given that the U.S had already agreed to liaise with Russia in respect of their air activity it suggests a retrenchment of that commitment.

So, now we will probably start to see much more obvious rewriting of history for the American people telling them about Al Qaida's role as Brave Freedom Fighters for Democracy and The American Way. The process had already started over the weekend but that meme is going to gain strength.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2015, 03:04:17 AM »

Perhaps all the Hummers and Humvees that these former camel jockeys drive come from somewhere other than the US? Oh right, they just happened to get them - along with a few billion dollars and loads of arms - from some blokes in Iraq.

Manny, explain for us when / where this kit was directly supplied to 'IS' or al Nusra.... ? That it fell into their hands is testament to relying on 'armies' without adequate training and crossing fingers.

The solution was to stop Assad bombing his people in the Summer of 2013 - but the Kremlin and China didn't want that to happen to their last 'ally' in the middle east....

Millions of refugees later, am I the only one wondering why one of the partners has demonstrated the total failure of their stance and now feel the need to physically prop up a dictator

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2015, 06:36:24 PM »

Manny - You really are becoming a very rabid Pro Post Soviet and anti USA/UK critic, yes UK as the USA as I have educated you many times does nothing without the Crown's (and its global Lord Rothschild Fed owning dark bankers) approval since the UK is one of the largest Foreign Direct investors in the USA - you and your cradle to grave social safety net have the USA basically allowing major UK firms like BP and BAE and many others to operate here as freely as domestic companies to thank. 

The fact is the USA funded the Iraq Army and many being Shite became terrified at the advancing beheading ISIS Sunni former Iraq Baath party Army (now ISIS) and now the former Baath Sunni Army has over 2,500 up armored humvees, over 70 M1A1 Abrams tanks and more than 300 Syrian and Iraqi Oil Wells and $1 Billion plus in cash and over $1M per week in black market Oil revenues.

So in fact you are wrong it was the Iraqi Shite Surrender monkeys who funded ISIS.

Offline Wiz

« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2015, 11:42:58 PM »

......  and more than 300 Syrian and Iraqi Oil Wells and $1 Billion plus in cash and over $1M per week in black market Oil revenues.

So who is buing the (cheap) oil and where the oil is going?
Do you know?

(Just for your info .... I was made aware from Greek Bloggs and papers ... that Greek ships are transporting the oil.....
and I know the destinations... made public by Turkey!)
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2015, 12:11:20 AM »
Cufflinks, even your own thought leaders agree that ISIS /IS/ISIL/daesh is a U. S creation. No need to maintain your fantasies any longer. Your thought leaders have given you permission to know the truth.

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2015, 12:39:56 AM »

......  and more than 300 Syrian and Iraqi Oil Wells and $1 Billion plus in cash and over $1M per week in black market Oil revenues.

So who is buing the (cheap) oil and where the oil is going?
Do you know?

(Just for your info .... I was made aware from Greek Bloggs and papers ... that Greek ships are transporting the oil.....
and I know the destinations... made public by Turkey!)

Wiz, ISIS is trading oil from land it has seized in Syria to Syrian President Bashar Assad’s government for cash, according to a BBC documentary scheduled to air Wednesday night.

“Much of the oil goes to the Assad regime,” said Danny Glaser, assistant secretary for terrorist financing at the US treasury. “There’s a business opportunity, there’s a need for both of them. The Assad regime needs the oil, Isis needs the cash and they’re willing to do business even as they’re fighting each other.”

http://www.ibtimes.com/isis-oil-revenue-islamic-state-makes-money-selling-gas-bashar-assad-new-bbc2-1892370

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/apr/22/isis-fills-coffers-with-iraqi-government-cash

Offline Wiz

« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2015, 01:29:20 AM »
Cufflinks, even your own thought leaders agree that ISIS /IS/ISIL/daesh is a U. S creation. No need to maintain your fantasies any longer. Your thought leaders have given you permission to know the truth.

Just for educational purposes, here is an article posted back in Global Research 19 September 2014. A very comprehesive study by one of your scholars at Harvard university. I am sure if you check around.... you will find more info about the subject.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/america-created-al-qaeda-and-the-isis-terror-group/5402881

This site has many more updated interesting articles to read ... for your education!

tiphat

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2015, 03:46:34 AM »

Just for educational purposes,

Wiz,

Quoting articles from 'globalmsinfo' isn't educational - it is amusing, though

Iran has funded Hezbollah - who effectively control much of southern Lebanon and who are 'allied' with Assad in Syria.

It is noted that they seem not to be regarded as 'terrorists'.. by the likes of your good self.

Simple q...Do you recognise Israel as a state - or do you share the viewpoint of those ruling Iran - who do not  ?

Offline Wiz

« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2015, 09:18:12 AM »

Just for educational purposes,

Wiz,

Quoting articles from 'globalmsinfo' isn't educational - it is amusing, though

Iran has funded Hezbollah - who effectively control much of southern Lebanon and who are 'allied' with Assad in Syria.

It is noted that they seem not to be regarded as 'terrorists'.. by the likes of your good self.

Simple q...Do you recognise Israel as a state - or do you share the viewpoint of those ruling Iran - who do not  ?

Moby

I am not a university Scholar, neither working for her Majesty’s service in any type or form but I have the mental capacity and education to understand and able to evaluate an article for its value. On the other hand, you are wearing blinkers and due to the restrictions imposed on your trolling assignment you have to remain with the parameters given for your job.

As about Hezbollah it is nothing new that it is financed and supplied arms by Iran and of course sides with the Iran friends too.  Just because the Zionists of the US and Israel call them “Terrorists”, other people have different view about them, calling them “Freedom Fighters” and they proved that title by resisting the onslaught of the Israel army keeping Lebanon free and independent state!

The “Balfour declaration” recognised for Israel the right to exist as an independent state BUT Israel NEVER has recognised the right of the indigenous people of Palestine, (that was the real name of the place, before the occupation by Israel) to have their own independent state, especially after the 1947 UN partition plan. Looking the map below it is very clear the Zionist plan for Palestine, which will never, will be recognised as an independent state, thanks to the big brother over the Atlantic.

In the eyes of the Netanyahu government, Iran, which is trying to obtain a nuclear weapon, is an existential threat to Israel. The leadership of Benjamin Netanyahu, make Iran into such a threat for domestic political reasons.

Iran is already a nuclear threshold state and in a matter of months to a year away from having the ability to build its first bomb. If Iran wanted to, it could have already built a bomb.

If Washington renews relations with Tehran, Netanyahu’s foreign relations and security policy – which is built on inflating the Iranian threat, frightening the Israeli public, will be rendered useless.

Israel’s unquestioned military superiority stems from the deterioration of states in the Arab world (Libya, Yemen, Syria, and Iraq) from the radical Islamist threat, which one day maybe will turn against those who created,  i.e CIA and Mossad.