The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Russia is giving away free land.  (Read 18653 times)

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Russia is giving away free land.
« on: September 15, 2015, 09:58:21 AM »
Authorities in Russia's Far East are handing out hectares of land free of charge in a bid to attract people to the vast region, which offers its sparse population a wealth of resources and a harsh climate.

The offer is available to all Russian citizens, the only requirement is that people put the land to use.

The land can be used “for any purpose,” including farming or building a home, just as long as the land is being used at all, the Far Eastern Development Ministry said on the website it runs for the project, NaDalniyVostok, or “To the Far East.”

Those interested in the offer can hold on to their land plots free of rent, tax or any other payments for five years and will then receive ownership titles to the plots, also free of charge, if they can prove the land has been used during that period, the ministry said.

“Unused land plots will be confiscated,” it added.

Land allocations can reach up to 1 hectare per person — meaning that a family of five can claim up to 5 hectares, the statement said.

No advance travel to the Far East is required: Interested parties can choose a land plots using an online map.

The project could increase the region's population nearly six-fold — to 36 million people, from the current 6.4 million, according to estimates by Russia's Minister for the Development of the Far East, Alexander Galushka.

“We view this project as a possibility for Russian citizens to achieve self-realization in our Far East, and for attracting people to the region,” Galushka said this summer, according to comments posted on his ministry's website.

A survey commissioned by the ministry from the state polling agency VTsIOM indicated that one in five Russians would consider relocating to the Far East and settling there permanently if they receive free land, Galushka said. The number is about 50 percent higher among young Russians, he added.

http://russia-insider.com/en/politics/russia-giving-away-free-farmland-12-acres-family/ri9653
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Donhollio

Re: Russia is giving away free land.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 07:49:52 PM »
  That's one way to place more Rooskee's there, makes it slightly more difficult for China to grab it.

Offline sparky114

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 10:46:41 AM »
I have just brought while i was over in August 2000 sq Metres .... land is good value at the moment with the exchange rate, couple that with the 2 dacha sites i think i have about done all i want too  :coffeeread:
Today is only one day in a life of happiness

Mark

Offline Anteros

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 03:10:11 PM »
  That's one way to place more Rooskee's there, makes it slightly more difficult for China to grab it.

When are you and the human heater moving to Siberia Don?   :chuckle:
Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Offline Manny

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 03:38:56 PM »

What evidence do you have that China wants to "grab" any of Russia?
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 11:50:00 PM »
 Lot's of info out there if you look for it, I'm not your teacher. Navigating around sites in Mandarin helps though.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2015, 12:45:07 AM »
Lot's of info out there if you look for it, I'm not your teacher. Navigating around sites in Mandarin helps though.

So we can take that as a firm 'no' then.
I rather doubt you can 'navigate' in your native tongue let alone any other.

At this stage in Chinese development invading Russia would make no sense. In a longer term view, it runs counter to Chinese practice.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2015, 03:24:59 AM »
I have just brought while i was over in August 2000 sq Metres .... land is good value at the moment with the exchange rate, couple that with the 2 dacha sites i think i have about done all i want too  :coffeeread:

:thumbsup:

I think that I would rather pay for land where you are than live in the east..

We have a new neighbour in Sochi - arrived from V'vostok - his relatives all came - so this offer is clearly necessary to reverse a worrying trend.

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2015, 09:59:29 AM »

So we can take that as a firm 'no' then.
I rather doubt you can 'navigate' in your native tongue let alone any other.

No what you can do is read what I wrote, digest it and then get back to me if you have any further questions. If you can't comprehend the written words ask someone who can guide through it.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2015, 10:01:27 AM »
Don, as I said, a 'NO'. You can no more read mandarin, as you inferred that you can, than I can so don't give us bollocks.

Get back to us all when you stop talking out of your arse.

If you have something to say to support your silly point then share it, until then I/we can continue to understand that you continue to be, as you told us previously, a man who disdains learning.

There is no point in you introducing a new point without having anything to support your claim. Obviously, if true, your claim is not common knowledge; indeed I am sure that the Chinese leadership would be keen to have your insights and contacts at their disposal - you know stuff about their plans that they obviously do not.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2015, 03:47:13 AM »
Don, as I said, a 'NO'. You can no more read mandarin, as you inferred that you can, than I can so don't give us bollocks.

Get back to us all when you stop talking out of your arse.

He did, but for some reason his 'talking out of his arse' post was not permitted - but yours - what a 'surprise' - wasn't  :coffeeread:

Don pointed out he didn't speak Mandarin - but his friend - a Chinese immigrant does...

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2016, 08:10:00 PM »
Little update on this subject. Now to include foreigners.
With the possibility of Hillary Clinton in the white house, Russia could be a good place to relocate.

Land of plenty: Duma committee approves bill for free handover of Russian territory to foreigners

https://www.rt.com/politics/338775-duma-committee-approves-bill-introducing/
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2016, 08:18:04 PM »

Swiss Farmer Making It in Russia

Hans Peter Michel left his home in the Alps and created a prosperous farm in the old village of Gorbenki near Kaluga where Europeans come to learnhttp://russia-insider.com/en/business/swiss-farmer-i-live-lord-russia/ri13804
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline bagalia

• Spouses Country: Ukraine/USA
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2016, 09:52:15 PM »
There is a caveat here somewhere I am sure.
Misery is the river of the world; everybody row, everybody row.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2016, 09:53:34 PM »

edited to 'perfect' the joke

With the possibility of Donald Trump in the white house, Russia could be a good place to relocate.

Land of plenty: Duma committee approves bill for free handover of Russian territory to foreigners

There is a caveat here somewhere I am sure.

Quite..

''Putin also urged all the officials responsible for the plan to be precise and cautious when detailing the conditions for land ownership.''

Offline Texan77

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2016, 10:11:47 PM »

Because it was part of China before it became Russia. You guys know, sort like Crimea and parts of Georgia. The people there are ethnic Chinese and can not speak there own language and need to be protected like in Donbas. Russia is a declining power and China is a inclining one. Russia is now becoming more dependent on China. The time is not right now but it will be one day. Russia will be a Chinese Ukraine. Then the Chinese can make all kinds of comments about worthless Russia and its corruption. 
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2016, 11:31:12 PM »

Hans Peter Michel left his home in the Alps and created a prosperous farm in the old village of Gorbenki near Kaluga where Europeans come to learnhttp://russia-insider.com/en/business/swiss-farmer-i-live-lord-russia/ri13804

There is a history lesson here, it comes via Germany and Switzerland and is called the Volga Germans. Makes for an interesting read into the psyche of the Russian rulers, whether they are Czarina's, Supreme Soviets or the President.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline bagalia

• Spouses Country: Ukraine/USA
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2016, 01:08:52 AM »

Because it was part of China before it became Russia. You guys know, sort like Crimea and parts of Georgia. The people there are ethnic Chinese and can not speak there own language and need to be protected like in Donbas. Russia is a declining power and China is a inclining one. Russia is now becoming more dependent on China. The time is not right now but it will be one day. Russia will be a Chinese Ukraine. Then the Chinese can make all kinds of comments about worthless Russia and its corruption.

LOL, you are entering the twilight zone now. A zone that is opening a door to the future. There are already politicians worried about those 450 square miles that Russia rented the Chinese. They think they might try to annex the area. You have a radical train of thought here and we would like to throw it out into the Ukrainian social media for a good laugh. Poetic justice and it could very well happen.
Misery is the river of the world; everybody row, everybody row.

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2016, 06:03:11 AM »

Our resident prophet has spoken......

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2016, 06:31:08 AM »
Texan77 has entered the Twiglet Zone. That spicy, salty zone where language gets all messed up. Your never sure what is gong on their.

Perception is limited to only that which one can not see and never understand.

Never enter the The Twiglet Zone. It is impossible to leave!

Suck the stick texan77!

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2016, 06:38:08 AM »
With the possibility of Hillary Clinton in the white house, Russia could be a good place to relocate.

It isn't a bad idea at all.
Look at the effect upon the US economy of a similar scheme in the USA in the 19th century.

Whilst some unthinkers might opine that this decreases Russian territorial security those without a cognitive deficit will appreciate that the best defender of a territory is the person who lives there and 'owns' it. Likewise for the economic exploitation of that territory.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2016, 06:42:18 AM »
Tex's point might be mocked by some, but he had a point .. :coffeeread:

''There is a long history of bitter territorial disputes between Russia and China. Amid China’s defeat by Anglo-French forces in the Second Opium War, the Tsarist regime forced the Manchu dynasty to give up 1.2 million square kilometres of land in Manchuria in 1858-60. The Chinese regime has repeatedly emphasised in its patriotic education that these events were “national humiliations”.''

''What is now bringing the two countries closer together is the common concern in ruling circles at the threat posed by US militarism. But if the strategic partnership no longer serves their national interests, the two capitalist powers could quickly become hostile to each other and the “settled” territorial disputes could again flare up.''

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2008/08/ruch-a14.html

Offline Anteros

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2016, 09:25:51 AM »

Hans Peter Michel left his home in the Alps and created a prosperous farm in the old village of Gorbenki near Kaluga where Europeans come to learnhttp://russia-insider.com/en/business/swiss-farmer-i-live-lord-russia/ri13804

There is a history lesson here, it comes via Germany and Switzerland and is called the Volga Germans. Makes for an interesting read into the psyche of the Russian rulers, whether they are Czarina's, Supreme Soviets or the President.

When they're desperate enough they want the help of outsiders, and then when they feel better they turn against the outsiders.  Time and time again they've done it.

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2016, 10:23:36 AM »
For a moment, I thought Russia was giving away the land, they Stole in Kyrm. :chuckle:
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline Anteros

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2016, 10:33:00 AM »
For a moment, I thought Russia was giving away the land, they Stole in Kyrm. :chuckle:

No doubt the elite carpet baggers who stole business's in Krym got some free land.  :hidechair:

Registration