The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Interesting Article  (Read 912 times)

Offline Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Hero Member
  • Trips: None Yet
"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Interesting Article
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 03:37:30 PM »
http://defensetech.org/2015/09/11/photos-show-raf-typhoons-intercepting-russian-tu-160-bombers/

:plane:  :plane:  :plane:

Fell about laughing at some of the comments from the article

Viz  ''Intercepted a leisurely cruising bomber? Let's hear how the Typhoons did against the Su-30s in India, and have the Brits figured out how they managed to lose 12-0 ?'

' Seems someone believed all the read from 'Sputnik'  :chuckle:

or

''Let a Typhoon fire on a Tupolev and before the US can come to the aid of the British... again... the Queen will be drinking Vodka and saying "Do sividanya" to London.

or

'John Deere - The UK would have to drag its F-4 IIs out of a museum to catch a Blackjack at full tilt.'' - The Phantom was never as fast as a Typhoon...

or even

''The new British Labor Party leader Jeremy Corbyn wants to get out of NATO, scrap their nuclear defense, [ defence, please, old boy ] and part with the European Union. The Russians only have to relax, sit back, and wait for him to go to work.''

The contributor seems to think Corbyn is in power, now and was 'elected by a landslide'.....  I wonder who voted for him and have never - and probably never will -  vote Labo[note the U pls 'cousins']r ... loads of opposition party members 'joined' to ensure a Corbyn win and electoral wilderness for Labour

I wonder how many of the contributors were genuinely stupid or posting there 'for effect' ....

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Hero Member
  • Trips: None Yet
Re: Interesting Article
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 04:04:45 PM »
http://defensetech.org/2015/09/11/photos-show-raf-typhoons-intercepting-russian-tu-160-bombers/

:plane:  :plane:  :plane:

Fell about laughing at some of the comments from the article

Viz  ''Intercepted a leisurely cruising bomber? Let's hear how the Typhoons did against the Su-30s in India, and have the Brits figured out how they managed to lose 12-0 ?'

' Seems someone believed all the read from 'Sputnik'  :chuckle:

or

''Let a Typhoon fire on a Tupolev and before the US can come to the aid of the British... again... the Queen will be drinking Vodka and saying "Do sividanya" to London.

or

'John Deere - The UK would have to drag its F-4 IIs out of a museum to catch a Blackjack at full tilt.'' - The Phantom was never as fast as a Typhoon...

or even

''The new British Labor Party leader Jeremy Corbyn wants to get out of NATO, scrap their nuclear defense, [ defence, please, old boy ] and part with the European Union. The Russians only have to relax, sit back, and wait for him to go to work.''

The contributor seems to think Corbyn is in power, now and was 'elected by a landslide'.....  I wonder who voted for him and have never - and probably never will -  vote Labo[note the U pls 'cousins']r ... loads of opposition party members 'joined' to ensure a Corbyn win and electoral wilderness for Labour

I wonder how many of the contributors were genuinely stupid or posting there 'for effect' ....

I'm sure many of those people are "armchair generals." I consider myself lucky if I can get through an article itself without smelling crap, I don't bother reading comments anymore.
"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Registration