The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Deluded OAP's On FSUW Dating Sites  (Read 1744 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Deluded OAP's On FSUW Dating Sites
« on: September 11, 2015, 01:19:21 AM »
What is it in the brain of usually a pretty intelligent guy with usually a good career behind him that sends him some signal that he actually can find and marry a women 40/50 years younger than himself?

How can a guy in his 70's or 80's really think he is able to find a 23year old beauty queen and marry her, and spend years searching for her?

Does anyone know where he would find the information telling him that its physically possible to do that?

I mean If I could find some information that I could actually fly to Mars tomorrow I would do that, but that information is non existent. So Im not even going to look for it.
Im just wondering where some guys or how some guys come to the conclusion that its possible to marry a teenage beauty queen from Russia ?

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Deluded OAP's On FSUW Dating Sites
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 02:29:11 AM »
Oh they can, but they never get bullet 1 of list done

1) Become a multi-millionaire
423) Improve your physique to be not overweight, well-groomed and overall the best you can look from what god gave you.
999) find a young trophy wife.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 05:35:45 AM »
Im just wondering where some guys or how some guys come to the conclusion that its possible to marry a teenage beauty queen from Russia ?

Fifteen years ago, it was possible. Very few of the marriages survived, however. Nowadays, the deluded guys are in their forties.

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
  • Spouses Country: TBC
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 10:48:59 AM »
Steve the girl I'm seeing that I met on your site was bombarded with messages from guys who were 50 and over. 1 guy in his early 60s. Americans and Europeans, she showed me the messages and whilst some were the click once to send ice breaker messages some were their own saying they were looking for love etc and would like to get to know her offering Skype and 2 phone numbers in their introduction letter.

62 years and chasing (or chirpsing) a 28 year old. 34 year age gap. Deluded!

How many of these guys would get on a plane given the chance? 5% There will always be some issue stopping them once they've got some slight interest in a younger bit.

I know I am I'm sure I am I'm Rotherham til I die!

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 10:53:12 AM »
Oh they can, but they never get bullet 1 of list done

1) Become a multi-millionaire
423) Improve your physique to be not overweight, well-groomed and overall the best you can look from what god gave you.
999) find a young trophy wife.

You really don't need all that stuff.
If I were minded to be married the young trophy wife would really not be an issue, but she'd not be a trophy - and THAT might be the important point here. ;)
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2015, 11:48:36 AM »
Steve the girl I'm seeing that I met on your site was bombarded with messages from guys who were 50 and over. 1 guy in his early 60s. Americans and Europeans, she showed me the messages and whilst some were the click once to send ice breaker messages some were their own saying they were looking for love etc and would like to get to know her offering Skype and 2 phone numbers in their introduction letter.

62 years and chasing (or chirpsing) a 28 year old. 34 year age gap. Deluded!

How many of these guys would get on a plane given the chance? 5% There will always be some issue stopping them once they've got some slight interest in a younger bit.

I have many long term members I even try to help many but some times I beat my head against a wall :'(

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2015, 04:21:41 PM »
was bombarded with messages from guys who were 50 and over. 1 guy in his early 60s. Americans and Europeans, she showed me the messages and whilst some were the click once to send ice breaker messages some were their own saying they were looking for love etc and would like to get to know her offering Skype and 2 phone numbers in their introduction letter.

I did that - it worked. I was getting SMS's at all hours!

My wife had the same with the old blokes ten years ago. Nothing has changed in this regard. She was in her late 20's then, her and her mother would be creased up laughing at the pictures of cars and pools from the US, and the tales of wealth from Sweden, Austria, France, Germany and Norway. Mostly from blokes over 50.

She was inclined towards Europe over the US due to differences in mentality and distance from Mamulka.

She had a handful of potentials who were not over 50, one from the US as it goes (who actually had a passport), but they all wanted to talk too much and not get on a plane. Her thoughts were that after a few weeks of talking, not much else to say till you can look someone in the eyes, so better to meet and see how it works out face to face.

Then one day, a bloke wrote her who was mid 30's, from England, and ready to step on a plane tomorrow. After some daily communication, she decided to meet him to see what he was like in person.  ;D
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2015, 04:03:08 PM »
was bombarded with messages from guys who were 50 and over. 1 guy in his early 60s. Americans and Europeans, she showed me the messages and whilst some were the click once to send ice breaker messages some were their own saying they were looking for love etc and would like to get to know her offering Skype and 2 phone numbers in their introduction letter.

I did that - it worked. I was getting SMS's at all hours!

My wife had the same with the old blokes ten years ago. Nothing has changed in this regard. She was in her late 20's then, her and her mother would be creased up laughing at the pictures of cars and pools from the US, and the tales of wealth from Sweden, Austria, France, Germany and Norway. Mostly from blokes over 50.

She was inclined towards Europe over the US due to differences in mentality and distance from Mamulka.

She had a handful of potentials who were not over 50, one from the US as it goes (who actually had a passport), but they all wanted to talk too much and not get on a plane. Her thoughts were that after a few weeks of talking, not much else to say till you can look someone in the eyes, so better to meet and see how it works out face to face.

Then one day, a bloke wrote her who was mid 30's, from England, and ready to step on a plane tomorrow. After some daily communication, she decided to meet him to see what he was like in person.  ;D

Was she shocked when a bloke who sounded like Noel Gallagher turned up?  :party0031:

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2015, 04:38:41 PM »
Was she shocked when a bloke who sounded like Noel Gallagher turned up?  :party0031:

Amazingly not. As luck would have it, her English teacher was an old chap who perfected his English working in Sheffield (about 20 miles away) in the 70's. You will know that in Russia, British English is the preferred version, and old Vladislav - who I had the pleasure of meeting once before he died - taught her English with a northern pronunciation. Odd but true!

And ay, there's nowt wrong with Noel. I am not a huge fan of his music, but as he is only from about 3 miles away from where I was brought up, and one of my pals is one of his, I feel a northern urge to stick up for the lad. :chuckle:
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2015, 04:54:18 PM »

Amazingly not. As luck would have it, her English teacher was an old chap who perfected his English working in Sheffield (about 20 miles away) in the 70's. You will know that in Russia, British English is the preferred version, and old Vladislav - who I had the pleasure of meeting once before he died - taught her English with a northern pronunciation. Odd but true!

And ay, there's nowt wrong with Noel. I am not a huge fan of his music, but as he is only from about 3 miles away from where I was brought up, and one of my pals is one of his, I feel a northern urge to stick up for the lad. :chuckle:

There nowt wrong bowt our kid at all. I was just curious. Oasis were something special for sure!

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2015, 05:51:37 PM »

There nowt wrong bowt our kid at all. I was just curious. Oasis were something special for sure!

Not my cup of tea.