The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Russian Military Forces Arrive In Syria  (Read 29072 times)

Offline el_guero

• My Russian improves slowly.
  • Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 10-20
Re: Russian Military Forces Arrive In Syria
« Reply #960 on: November 14, 2017, 06:40:20 PM »
TomCat, surely you do not think that the U.S meddling in Syria (Iraq, LIbya, Ukraine, Afghanistan) is about nation building and peacemaking do you?

While it seems that there are conflicting power groups involved in U.S 'intervention' in Syria, overall U.S interests are served by chaos, destruction and instability. They do not need to win any wars to take benefit from their presence.

Andrew,

Just weeks before he got himself killed in Benghazi, Former Amb Stevens and I indirectly discussed this. He was one tall angry Liberal.

Yes, State considered 'nation building' to be their prime directive. "Bush did it;' 'So what if we funded the Muslim Brotherhood to overthrow Egypt and we overthrew Libya;' 'Democracies are peaceful;' 'Democracies do not support Terror;' 'It is good for business;' 'We are NOT doing anything in Syria.'

I met SOF on the way into Syria when I got home, And the ObamaNation was all over the news saying we were not in Syria until some SOF got killed IIRC.

In the minds of the Political Elite in D.C. they actually believe their 'friends' are the 'good actors' ...

Wayne

Online Tom Cat

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #961 on: November 27, 2017, 03:43:09 PM »
Over the past few months Russia has made great progress in Syria, but the western media kept silent. But the western media is very quick to post questionable news that is blaming Russia for bombing civilians.

Russian Military Denies Claims of Airstrikes on Village in Syria

https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201711271059473001-russian-military-denies-airstrikes-village/
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Online Tom Cat

« Reply #962 on: November 27, 2017, 06:05:51 PM »
Reporters Without Borders seeks to cancel press event critical of White Helmets

https://www.rt.com/news/411116-reporters-white-helmets-censorship/
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Online Tom Cat

« Reply #963 on: December 04, 2017, 08:34:02 PM »
Putin: Almost all Syrian territory freed, including historic Christian regions

https://www.rt.com/news/411909-syria-freed-terrorists-putin/