The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Russian Military Forces Arrive In Syria  (Read 97756 times)

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
Re: Russian Military Forces Arrive In Syria
« Reply #1150 on: April 29, 2018, 12:36:14 PM »
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #1151 on: April 29, 2018, 12:59:46 PM »
Today, is the Αnniversary of the 29 April 1975, when the USA, your great nation, was leaving Saigon, because had achieve its plan, successfully. to destroy Vietnam killing millions of people.

America was in Vietnam to stop Communism from spreading. Their goal wasn't to kill millions of Vietnamese and destroy Vietnam. I was born in Saigon. They didn't kill me.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline Wiz

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #1152 on: April 29, 2018, 03:48:12 PM »
Today, is the Αnniversary of the 29 April 1975, when the USA, your great nation, was leaving Saigon, because had achieve its plan, successfully. to destroy Vietnam killing millions of people.

America was in Vietnam to stop Communism from spreading. Their goal wasn't to kill millions of Vietnamese and destroy Vietnam. I was born in Saigon. They didn't kill me.

Yes Billy we know what was their original goal but we cannot avoid to remember what took place in between... until they left!

Every war has victims but the price paid by the Vietnam people, was very high!

Obviously you were one of the lucky ones. Were you by any chance on that helicopter?

:-X
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #1153 on: April 29, 2018, 04:33:49 PM »

Yes Billy we know what was their original goal but we cannot avoid to remember what took place in between... until they left!

The war in IndoChina is far more complicated than a few one line posts. But worth considering there are credible opinions that a CIA False Flag operation sucked the USA into this morass.

As in most wars it often is the citizens/locals that suffer.

What for me is more interesting is to see how Vietnam has developed since the fall of Saigon.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Wiz

« Reply #1154 on: April 30, 2018, 03:01:09 AM »

1). The war in IndoChina is far more complicated than a few one line posts. But worth considering there are credible opinions that a CIA False Flag operation sucked the USA into this morass.

2). As in most wars it often is the citizens/locals that suffer.

3). What for me is more interesting is to see how Vietnam has developed since the fall of Saigon.

1). You did not expect me to write a full analysis of the Vietnam war over here?

There are countless articles and stories abound on the internet to read, if anybody wants to educate him/her self on the subject.

2). As you must have noticed, that is what I have been pointing out and you agree with me.

3). I thing that our friend "Noby" probably can tell us more ... as I think he has been there the last couple of years......while his woman was sunbathing in Thailand!

Are you still waiting instructions from the Centre to reply to my comments on my post 116 or you are playing the same game as governments do, when they don't want to bring more attention and publicity to awkward subjects?

:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

PS: I was just watching RT and the last count of dead Palestinians, during the latest demonstrations has risen to 43 people.

:eeekk:

Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Online AvHdB

« Reply #1155 on: April 30, 2018, 05:27:40 AM »
Now, THIS thread is about what was being 'mocked' as news - but was factually correct ...

I haven't seen proof of forces there to fight yet. When Russia says so, we can assume it to be the case. Western media is unreliable as we know.

Manny the Russian government has stated they are fighting ISIS in Syria.

http://www.segodnia.ru/news/166561

segodnia.ru may not be RT but they are owned and operated by the Russian government. This means anything information coming from segodnia.ru is coming straight from Putin. Perhaps Putin now prefers segodnia.ru over RT?

It quotes "Breeze" news agency. With no link.

This is reply/post #116. What is there to comment on?

I would remind you I am not a number and do not await instruction from the Centre

Offline Wiz

« Reply #1156 on: April 30, 2018, 08:01:57 AM »

This is reply/post #116. What is there to comment on?

I would remind you I am not a number and do not await instruction from the Centre

So you are playing the same game as governments do, when they don't want to bring more attention and publicity to awkward subjects? :nod:

I gave you a link to another post out of the ordinary visitors...... but you did not look at it!.....?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1157 on: April 30, 2018, 12:09:56 PM »

Some of the blame should go to the North, backed by Communist USSR for the invasion of the South. They had a civil war. Two big players took sides to support. It's the way things were and will always be.

Obviously you were one of the lucky ones. Were you by any chance on that helicopter?

I was already in America by 1971. My dad finished two volunteered tours over there and brought his new family home. My Vietnamese uncle was an officer in the South Vietnamese army and flew a huey chopper. He made space on a aircraft carrier flying the chopper off, jumping into the water while the chopper descended into the water. You may have seen him in a photo or video.

What for me is more interesting is to see how Vietnam has developed since the fall of Saigon.

In 1978, Vietnam invaded their neighbor, Cambodia. Then they got into a war with China in 1979. Today they are on good terms with America and the West. Communism didn't work out too well for them. People think highly of Westerners except for the hard core Communists. If you go there, women will be all over you. Since China been taking disputed islands in the sea, Vietnam improved relations with America even more.

Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline Wiz

« Reply #1158 on: April 30, 2018, 02:45:41 PM »
Thanks for the reply.... and the info. No I have not the video about your uncle.

I hope the standard of living has improved.

"If you go there, women will be all over you.

Obviously they must have lost a lot of men and the demographic must be a big problem.

Vietnam is too far to travel at my age and Mrs wiz would not like it..... and only I could fly on a private jet, where I could smoke and sleep..... :chuckle:

My longest flight was to L.A and I got fed up.... without smoking and watching films..... on the way back ... I took a pill and wake up in Heathrow!

I have been to Florida many times ..... for work and holidays and visited NY a couple of times for long w/ends but these flight were easy for me, as I was young.

Now we prefer the short haul flights......nax 4 hours.

Like Rosco, I liked Florida, especially Tampa and Miami but I was not impressed with the lifestyle and would never would like to live there.

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #1159 on: April 30, 2018, 03:39:11 PM »
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Online 2tallbill

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1161 on: April 30, 2018, 06:50:35 PM »

Obviously they must have lost a lot of men and the demographic must be a big problem.

Lack of men isn't a big problem in Vietnam. Lack of financially secure men who can provide for a family is a big problem. A man from the West who is financially secure and can provide a better life is a very attractive man in Vietnam. Nothing wrong with wanting a better life. We all want that.

Online AvHdB

« Reply #1162 on: April 30, 2018, 07:27:18 PM »
Missile strike: Explosions reported at Iranian base in Northern Syria
http://www.news.com.au/world/missile-strike-explosions-reported-at-iranian-base-in-northern-syria/news-story/e60e8df6702b393ce4310c7d86a31162

Some observations;

1) A munitions depot exploded.

2) "Israeli involvement remain speculation"

Curious why does Iran see the need to maintain military bases in Syria?

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1163 on: April 30, 2018, 10:21:56 PM »

Israel and Syria is still technically at war since 1948. They've fought three wars and haven't signed a peace treaty. Syria doesn't recognize Israel. Syrian kids won't see Israel on a map. Some people are surprised by Israel's involvement in Syria. I'm not.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #1164 on: April 30, 2018, 10:41:16 PM »
Wiz

My report from Cyprus

Loads more RUSSIAN speakers in the north

SC is browner

Angela Rudd has taken the fall for Mrs May...

A kind mod is saving you from you daftness re usa media
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #1165 on: May 01, 2018, 02:18:22 AM »
Missile strike: Explosions reported at Iranian base in Northern Syria
http://www.news.com.au/world/missile-strike-explosions-reported-at-iranian-base-in-northern-syria/news-story/e60e8df6702b393ce4310c7d86a31162

Some observations;

1) A munitions depot exploded.

Curious why does Iran see the need to maintain military bases in Syria?

No doubt the same reason the US does.

Offline Wiz

« Reply #1166 on: May 01, 2018, 06:46:02 AM »

Israel and Syria is still technically at war since 1948. They've fought three wars and haven't signed a peace treaty. Syria doesn't recognize Israel. 

Some people are surprised by Israel's involvement in Syria. I'm not.

BillyB

Shall we must forget that Israel has been occupying the Syrian "Gollan Heights" since 1967?

"Israel seized the Golan Heights from Syria in the closing stages of the 1967 Six-Day War. Most of the Syrian Arab inhabitants fled the area during the conflict. An armistice line was established and the region came under Israeli military control. Almost immediately Israel began to settle the Golan.

Syria tried to retake the Golan Heights during the 1973 Middle East war. Despite inflicting heavy losses on Israeli forces, the surprise assault was thwarted. Both countries signed an armistice in 1974 and a UN observer force has been in place on the ceasefire line since 1974."

Israel unilaterally annexed the Golan Heights in 1981. The move was not recognised internationally.

Info from the BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-14724842

Israel has bombed Syrian territory over 100 times since the Syrian conflict started in 2011. It has also threatened recently about bombing Lebanon.

Striking the territory of a sovereign nation is not only an act of war, it is completely illegal without authorization from the U.N. unless it has been done in self-defense.

The legal government of President Bashar al-Assad has invited Russia for support and we all know that Syria has been saved from a complete catastrophe and now has liberated most of its country, from Isis and other terrorist groups, supported by the US and its vassal Saudi Arabia.

The USA has not been invited for help and has supported all terrorist groups. Trump last year bombed Syria and lately together with F-UK-US have bombed Syria again.

President Bashar al-Assad, and anybody at his position has every right to ask and accept help from anybody who is willing to offer it!

All of this begs the question: Why haven’t Iran, Syria, and/or Hezbollah in Lebanon responded directly to Israel?

Is it because Israel reportedly has well over 200 nukes all “pointed at Iran,” and there is little Iran and its allies can do to take on such a threat?

Of course it is, as they also know that Israel has the full support of the USA

Recently, the Mafia representative, President Donald Trump, has confirmed in no uncertain terms, his support of Israel and its "illegal settlements". He opposed the  UN Security Council Resolution 2334, regarding the illegality of the Israeli settlements in the occupied West Bank. 

Moreover, by moving the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem and allowing for the expansion of Israeli settlements in the occupied territories and beyond, the US president has provided a de facto endorsement of the “Greater Israel” project as formulated under the Zionist Yinon Plan.

Now, using our common sense, what would 6 million Jews, who live in israel, will do with an area of land this large?

Even if all 15 - 18 million Jews in the world lived in “Greater Israel,” do you think that would be possible?

Do you think there is any chance in the world of Israel expanding its borders into all these countries and just taking them over and manage to keep good control on them?

The plan and design of "Greater isra(h)el" it is not just a Zionist Project for the Middle East. In actual fact, it is an integral part of US foreign policy. judging from the US actions in the area, Washington's intention is to fracture and balkanize the Middle East, according to a Greek analysts, G. Mazis.

President's Trump’s decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital was  intended to trigger political instability throughout the region. 

tiphat

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1167 on: May 01, 2018, 09:00:26 PM »
Shall we must forget that Israel has been occupying the Syrian "Gollan Heights" since 1967?

Everybody has an opinion if Israel should or shouldn't exist. Currently they exist and the people there are going to protect their existence.

There is a gamble going to war. Syria went to war against Israel a number of times. I'm surprised Israel only took Golan Heights from Syria instead of removing them from existence. If I were in charge of Israel at that time, I don't think I'd be so kind taking a small token of land for a war Syria wanted.

Offline Wiz

« Reply #1168 on: May 02, 2018, 02:18:14 AM »

Everybody has an opinion if Israel should or shouldn't exist. Currently they exist and the people there are going to protect their existence.

There is a gamble going to war. Syria went to war against Israel a number of times. I'm surprised Israel only took Golan Heights from Syria instead of removing them from existence. If I were in charge of Israel at that time, I don't think I'd be so kind taking a small token of land for a war Syria wanted.

Not surprised with your comments.......bull in a china shop, as they say.  :chuckle: :chuckle:

You just proved the comments of the Greek professor, G Mazis.

I very well remember that on the war at 1973, Israel nearly was destroyed by Syria and Egypt and it was the USA and Kissinger who saved their middle East outpost, with the airbridge and supplied them with defence supplies. Israel at the time had only 2 days left reserved supplies.

Anyway, I was reading yesterday that the Empire probably will last/go by 2030!

Not my prediction but it's one of your own, ex analyst of L A Times.

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/the-end-of-empire/

(:)

Online AvHdB

« Reply #1169 on: May 02, 2018, 05:08:58 AM »
I very well remember that on the war at 1973, Israel nearly was destroyed by Syria and Egypt and it was the USA and Kissinger who saved their middle East outpost, with the airbridge and supplied them with defence supplies. Israel at the time had only 2 days left reserved supplies.

Wiz I assume the above are your words and thoughts - proof you are delusional.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1170 on: May 02, 2018, 09:34:31 AM »

If you dig back far enough, you'll find a few Americans who predicted the fall of America and Soviets winning the Cold War. They are interesting reads like the article you've posted.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #1171 on: May 02, 2018, 10:27:03 AM »

A scarily positive correlation  ...media outlets with' truth' in their titles seem to post anything but..the truth..

2030? So now Wiz is talking down his 'prediction' ...  ?
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Wiz

« Reply #1172 on: May 03, 2018, 01:16:04 AM »

Wiz I assume the above are your words and thoughts - proof you are delusional.

AvHdB

I've been reading your delusions and dishonest inventions ever since I came back to RUA.

At first, I tried to make a dialog with you, with reason, that respectfully rebutted your peculiar points of view but failed. Why? Because you're not remotely interested in learning where you might have taken a bad turn in you thought processes. You're not interested in facts that don't fit your perverted and dishonest Trolling narrative. You're not interested in the truth. You regularly bleat about things and events that bear no relationship to the subject at hand. You lie constantly, in fact your behaviour on this site proves you to be someone not worthy of serious or respectful attention.

But how do we ignore you when you spend whole days trolling intelligent comments destroying whatever consensus the adults in this board may have arrived at?
We need to read your "chaff" to get to the "wheat", so to speak...

One part of me wants you gone for the peace it could provide the sane members of this community but on the other hand, I feel compelled to support your right to spew whatever garbage you choose. The caveat of course is that I will only support your right to serial lie to the rest of us right up to the point that your idiotic hasbara bot machinations and personal attacks harm someone.

Of course I cannot know for which of the myriad groups of Israeli propaganda you are working for but I have decided you are a waste of my time, so I will ignore you … until you come close to my red lines but remember the fact that there is indeed a real red line you can't cross on RUA. Read the Rules again.

>:(

Offline Wiz

« Reply #1173 on: May 03, 2018, 01:35:09 AM »

If you dig back far enough, you'll find a few Americans who predicted the fall of America and Soviets winning the Cold War. They are interesting reads like the article you've posted.

Well done Billy,

You finally agree with me that there are many interesting other places to read alternative views.....instead of sticking to one narrative.

I am sure you realise that I don't spent all my life reading history and politics....because I have also a personal life and a large family and a wife to entertain.......... :nod:

tiphat

Offline Wiz

« Reply #1174 on: May 03, 2018, 01:31:36 PM »

A scarily positive correlation  ...media outlets with' truth' in their titles seem to post anything but..the truth..

2030? So now Wiz is talking down his 'prediction' ...  ?

Don't you have anything better to do, like enjoying your "friend's" company and the sunshine?

Poor Moby, you are very easily bored...... :laugh:

Have you been down to Κερυνεια  and eat at the restaurants by the port.?

How much roughly costs the Fish now?
In 2004, I paid £1 for a plate of big mullet....... :nod:

Lovely weather over here today.... 20+ and at the w/end.... I am off to France for fresh fish food etc.

Now go back and pay attention to your "friend"! :biggrin: