The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Moby's Russophobia and Kremlinphobia  (Read 56364 times)

Offline Gipsy

Re: Moby's Russophobia and Kremlinphobia
« Reply #100 on: May 28, 2016, 10:14:05 AM »
Moby could be the article link I posted before was a bit more relevant than your assessment. :)

Russian Ruble Hits 5-Month High as Oil Prices Rise

http://russia-insider.com/en/russian-ruble-hits-5-month-high-oil-prices-rise/ri14637

Quote from: manny

You'll get him confused showing him facts.

Let's get the facts, then  :chuckle:

My chart shows the Rouble's'highest' in six months - against the GBP was 12th May, since when it has WEAKENED  :coffeeread:

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=RUB&view=1Y

Moby, you are manipulating again, TC is talking about the rouble strengthening against the $, which it is, and has been since Feb/Mar 10.

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=USD&to=RUB&view=1Y

When making comparisons Moby, you have to be honest and use a like for like argument, the £ has strengthened against the rouble due to the UK's better economic figures, btw, it has also strengthened against the $ all since mid feb 16

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=USD&view=1Y
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #101 on: May 28, 2016, 10:15:12 AM »
Moby don't do honest.  :dh:
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #102 on: May 28, 2016, 10:18:08 AM »
Moby don't do honest.  :dh:

Well, its about time he did, he's not getting any younger...poor thing.. :chuckle:
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #103 on: May 28, 2016, 10:27:55 AM »

Imagine you only used Yahoo 'news' [sic], CNN and Fox to gather opinions from? Its like Moby and his Grauniad. Eventually your brain starts turning to mush and you become a sheeple.

1/ to remind you Snowdon uses/used the Guardian as his medium to reveal his thoughts / knowledge..

They probably paid the most for his story..

2/ I have never bought a copy of said newspaper

Yeah right, so which newspaper do you/would you buy?

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #104 on: May 28, 2016, 11:05:57 AM »
It's cheaper to pull them out of other people's letterboxes. No need to pay.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #105 on: May 28, 2016, 11:35:12 AM »
The only magazine I am paying for, is one that runs with most of my interests that are either hobbies or work for me.

A) Kijk (hobby, science magazine)
B) Computer magazines, but I usually only read them 6 months before becoming frustrated with the low level of knowledge inside them.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #106 on: May 28, 2016, 11:41:36 AM »

To be fair I was not referring to normal people but to Moby.

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #107 on: May 28, 2016, 04:30:58 PM »

Or read the Guardian the lefty relatives buy at the sofa he surfs at near me.

Of course he doesn't BUY it (this is Moby), he reads it free online. Why he posts so many links to said publication here.

His handlers will be Guardianista Islington based lefty luvvies who pay him on him dropping keywords into topics on forums (how to manipulate Google searches). Readers will notice how often he uses the word "Grozny". Likely a tag word he was given. Just search "Grozny" here with him as author and you will see what I mean. This is a bloke paid to spread propaganda.
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #108 on: May 28, 2016, 10:05:42 PM »
Some of you lot will jump on a any bit of propaganda on any Ukrainian site you can find.  (:)

And you remove proof of Kremlin News media fakery to places were most folks can't read ... How black are your pots, today ?

:chuckle:

This thread was started by Manny - due to my pointing out TC was no 'messenger' - which this thread has proven.

Thanks, Manny :chuckle:

I see how you treat members who 'dare' to question your stance . You indulge in campaigns to suggest they are 'dishonest' whilst being selective as to what they can post in response.

This thread says a lot more about you than any 'russiophobic tendencies' you allege :coffeeread:

Carry on being selective in allowing which of my ripostes see the light of stay, editing my profile, making stuff up about my personal life and accusing me of 'stalking' your family..

:laugh:

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #109 on: May 28, 2016, 10:15:56 PM »
You give him way too much credit.

Nobody pays him for his boredom fuelled wordwanks.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #110 on: May 28, 2016, 10:22:06 PM »

Of course he doesn't BUY it (this is Moby), he reads it free online. Why he posts so many links to said publication here.

Manny, I am one of those funny people that still buy a printed media on a Sunday..I have no particular loyalty. It is noted you never 'deal' with the fact that that well known 'russiophobe,' Snowden, used the Guardian as his 'mouthpiece'... :chuckle:

His handlers will be Guardianista Islington based lefty luvvies who pay him on him dropping keywords into topics on forums (how to manipulate Google searches). Readers will notice how often he uses the word "Grozny". Likely a tag word he was given. Just search "Grozny" here with him as author and you will see what I mean. This is a bloke paid to spread propaganda.

So now you are proclaiming 'moby gets paid' for posting his viewpoints - when the fact is -you are describing yourself -  you told us you won't appear  on shows without being paid -

Once again, if I was being paid - I'm sure my 'handlers' would be asking me to find a place with a larger audience... :coffeeread:

'This bloke' actually goes to Russia, would live there and really is an 'insider'   :laugh:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #111 on: May 28, 2016, 10:24:23 PM »

Moby, you are manipulating again

Nope ... TC's case was suggesting a 'rouble recovery' ... the dollar weakened - I just gave the example of the currency I am most familiar with  :coffeeread:

As for 'mannyipulating ' - if you check the message count  - you'll see who is doing that ..

When making comparisons Moby, you have to be honest and use a like for like argument, the £ has strengthened against the rouble due to the UK's better economic figures, btw, it has also strengthened against the $ all since mid feb 16

:ROFL:

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=EUR&to=RUB&view=1Y
http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=INR&to=RUB&view=1Y

As we can see the Ruble v Euro or Ruble v Rupee has been more or less stable for two months ...

Thanks for the 'lecture' - now we'll see that TC should be the recipient of your 'advice' ... :coffeeread:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #112 on: May 28, 2016, 11:03:35 PM »
Moby, billions of people believe there is a God or being of higher power but facts tend to prove otherwise. People are willing to believe what other say or believe, rather than deal with the reality of facts.

I'm 'sorry' is this leading to an explanation for your avoiding dealing with ANY of my 'awkward' questions, in response to your rhetoric  ? If you wish to discuss theology and the truth contained in the Bible or if Putin or Obama believe sin God, sure - let's start another thread.

I picked on your claiming to be a 'messenger 'which your 'responses' have shown to be a myth..this thread was created to try to protect you, by 'attacking' me  :chuckle:

Your constantly avoiding very specific points - like Manny's dreaded Grozny- noting he constantly ducks the need for legislation to criminalise media talk of secession from the RF while it is promoted daily in Ukraine - constantly gets ducked  :coffeeread:

You selectively twist the story to fit a narrative the masses will believe.

Tosh.. that's your 'response' ..to specifics - like claimed 'peaceful transition in Crimea' - names of Ukraine military killed ... ducked by you ... and others on here?

At least I'm willing to accept the fact that much of what I learned about Russia during the first 45 years of my life was not an accurate account. During the last 10 years I've had the opportunity to use a variety of sources to get a more rounded view.

ROUNDED VIEWPOINTS - deal with the ugly truths - that you seem happy to point out in Ukraine

Moby you would have made a great teacher here in the United states, much of the anti Russian crap you write is the same as we learned in school.

Thanks for demonstrating my point that you don't bother to read my responses...IF you had you'd know I very much question what I was taught at school  - esp. the question of the unwiseness of some British policy  the Island of Ireland that actually promoted the secession  - when only autonomy was sought.

I read Solzhenitsyn at school - as  15 year old - adn it started my fascination for a part of the world that only the most foolish of fools could suggest I disliked or 'hated' ...  :laugh:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #113 on: May 28, 2016, 11:34:06 PM »
TC

If you are just a messenger, why haven't we seen any posts from you about the Russian doping scandals that keep emerging  ?

I know some of the Russian sailing team and observed the work that has been put in by the competitors and staff.

They are not affected by the athletics ban.

btw This 'russiophobe' shouts for Russia when England plays them - I'm sure Manny will be as keen to look for those photos of me proving that  :chuckle:

Offline Manny

« Reply #114 on: May 29, 2016, 03:30:52 AM »
Methinks thou doth protest too much.  :coffeeread:
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #115 on: May 29, 2016, 03:43:25 AM »
Methinks thou doth protest too much.  :coffeeread:

Methinks, was your first mistake  :chuckle:

I'm simply responding to your failing attempts to rescue TC from his 'nativity'

Here's your chance to deal with the double stds of Grozny.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #116 on: May 29, 2016, 03:58:59 AM »

Moby, you are manipulating again

Nope ... TC's case was suggesting a 'rouble recovery' ... the dollar weakened - I just gave the example of the currency I am most familiar with  :coffeeread:

As for 'mannyipulating ' - if you check the message count  - you'll see who is doing that ..

:ROFL:

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=EUR&to=RUB&view=1Y
http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=INR&to=RUB&view=1Y

As we can see the Ruble v Euro or Ruble v Rupee has been more or less stable for two months ...

Thanks for the 'lecture' - now we'll see that TC should be the recipient of your 'advice' ... :coffeeread:

If when the $ weakens, the rouble strengthens against it, which was the case, then TC was correct.

Stop manipulating other peoples posts to try and make yourself look good and important.. Cos you aint, as I have said before, you really do try to be "The belle of the ball", even on here...

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #117 on: May 29, 2016, 04:00:29 AM »
TC

If you are just a messenger, why haven't we seen any posts from you about the Russian doping scandals that keep emerging  ?

I know some of the Russian sailing team and observed the work that has been put in by the competitors and staff.

btw This 'russiophobe' shouts for Russia when England plays them - I'm sure Manny will be as keen to look for those photos of me proving that  :chuckle:

Which "Some"..

Names please.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #118 on: May 29, 2016, 04:07:46 AM »

If when the $ weakens, the rouble strengthens against it, which was the case, then TC was correct.

But his mistake was to back up a headline that was misleading - Say it after Moby, ''the USD fell - the Rouble has not appreciated - as Moby demonstrated - we were wrong''

Stop manipulating other peoples posts to try and make yourself look good and important.. Cos you aint, as I have said before, you really do try to be "The belle of the ball", even on here...

It's 'OK' Gypo - it's just another example of how you deal with being proven wrong ...and the sycophantic need to help a 'brother believer'  :chuckle:

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #119 on: May 29, 2016, 04:13:56 AM »

Which "Some"..

Names please.

Moby scuttles off to ask his current room mate who it was that they saw on TV the previous day.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #120 on: May 29, 2016, 04:35:07 AM »

Which "Some"..

Names please.

Moby scuttles off to ask his current room mate who it was that they saw on TV the previous day.

Would suggest that he is now UK based for a while... :coffeeread:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #121 on: May 29, 2016, 06:01:57 AM »

Which "Some"..

Names please.

Which class  ?..

I know past Olympic Russian representatives, too - raced against - or with some ...I'm a pretty decent helm ... as these results show.. '  Cmit Mak'  :chuckle:

A lesson in how to start a match race - a loose nut on the tiller ...

Gypo, just like your 'Who was the skipper of the only Soviet entry of the Whitbread round the world yacht race'  ? You're failing, AGAIN ...  :chuckle:

This 'russiophobe' adores the company of fellow sailors - especially racers ..

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #122 on: May 29, 2016, 06:04:45 AM »
TC

Moby if you take a moment and do a search you will find a thread started by westcoast on the subject of blood doping. You will see I did post links to the subject  I don't bother to continue posting more articles about a subject very few took interest in. Besides this is basically an old story continually brought up just to trash Russian athletes. Putin publicly addressed the issue long ago and Russia has been working to rid the problem. Here in the United states there's also athletes both professional and amateur that are also guilty.
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #123 on: May 29, 2016, 06:17:39 AM »

Would suggest that he is now UK based for a while... :coffeeread:

In which case change 'current room mate' to 'long suffering relative'.

Offline Manny

« Reply #124 on: May 29, 2016, 10:32:14 AM »

Registration