The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Moby's Russophobia and Kremlinphobia  (Read 55965 times)

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
Re: Moby's Russophobia and Kremlinphobia
« Reply #325 on: January 30, 2018, 08:25:41 AM »

Why don't you write a letter of complaint to Vladimir Putin?

I did 3 times, for the subject of free visa  ... or .. 5 years free Visa for us married to Russian women but not for the sex tourists!

He answered to me 3 times and even had a call from the Embassy...... :P

I'm sure you have ...  but have you actually met him ? ...

I will not have a problem to mee him and have a chat..... but I am not privileged like you ....  who met him in Shochi !

Before anybody start accusing me for lying ... why don't you post the photo of you and him, or give me permission to post the photo in my possession.?

:P

I'm sure Moby will tell us how he stuck to his principles and gave Vlad a good dressing down.....two faced t***.

I stood outside the Duma (from Russian dumat’ to think I think!) waiting for Vova (Vlad is diminutive for Vladislav actually, not Vladimir) see if he fancied a pint.

Never turned up.

O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #326 on: January 30, 2018, 08:34:30 AM »

Why don't you write a letter of complaint to Vladimir Putin?

I did 3 times, for the subject of free visa  ... or .. 5 years free Visa for us married to Russian women but not for the sex tourists!

He answered to me 3 times and even had a call from the Embassy...... :P

I will not have a problem to mee him and have a chat..... but I am not privileged like you ....  who met him in Shochi !

Before anybody start accusing me for lying ... why don't you post the photo of you and him, or give me permission to post the photo in my possession.?

:P

I'm sure Moby will tell us how he stuck to his principles and gave Vlad a good dressing down.....two faced t***.

I stood outside the Duma (from Russian dumat’ to think I think!) waiting for Vova (Vlad is diminutive for Vladislav actually, not Vladimir) see if he fancied a pint.

Never turned up.

You must have been raging? Will you extend the offer of a pint to big Don too?

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #327 on: January 30, 2018, 08:34:37 AM »

Navalny has a criminal record

Of course he 'has' - then he can't stand ....  Now you go on to prove your inattentiveness re the ruling of the ECHR re this 'conviction'

the ECHR is biased. Anyone who can read and what he was convicted for and the evidence against him will have no problem believing the ruling against him and penalties of it.

But of course the evidence was fabricated as was his entire court-case eh? Nope, sorry.

The EU can cry all it wants to, but I think putin for once, will make sure nobody bribes the election process to allow him to run. Just follow the law, like any other country.

EU  ??? Do you understand what the Council of Europe are ? ))) 
The EU is the council of Europe. Perhaps you didn't get the memo.

Quote from: wikipedia
The European Council is an official institution of the EU, mentioned by the Lisbon Treaty as a body which "shall provide the Union with the necessary impetus for its development". Essentially it defines the EU's policy agenda and has thus been considered to be the motor of European integration.[1] Beyond the need to provide "impetus", the Council has developed further roles: to "settle issues outstanding from discussions at a lower level", to lead in foreign policy — acting externally as a "collective Head of State", "formal ratification of important documents" and "involvement in the negotiation of the treaty changes".[4][7]

If Navalny had been smart , he'd be squeeky-clean and he'd also be dead. He's never been a serious contender to the throne.

...and you see no irony in this 'riposte' ? )))    IF he's never been serious ... then why the need to put him out of the running ...? 
Thats what I'm saying. He was so small, there was no need to get anything done. The fact that your precious ECHR believes there was, only makes my case stronger that this organisation is nothing but a blowheart.

For me, it'll be more interesting if Medvedev ticks all the boxes once Putin retires in 6 years.
I doubt it, Russia needs a strong leader, but who will step up.

"Russia needs a strong leader" has long been a mantra for " you - the sheeple - need a leader who can do what's necessary to line  our pockets....  "

Dima - is finished. Navalny saw to that  ...
Right, because Gorbatchev was such a hit with the Russian people. Or Jeltsin... or any of the other leaders that were not seen as 'strong' by the Russian people.

Of course in the west them's viewed differently, but not by the Russkies.

Mark.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #328 on: January 30, 2018, 08:46:15 AM »
For those who are not quite up to speed on this stuff, both Yeltsin and Gorbachev are seen by many Russian people as being traitors. That perception is for the same reasons that westerners have been programmed  to see them as heroes.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #329 on: January 30, 2018, 09:02:37 AM »
Sent to me in a PM, Moby speaks on video about Russia:

Anyway back on topic.

Moby - why did you delete your youtube videos? Did they essentially confirm your Russophobia?

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #330 on: January 30, 2018, 09:34:36 AM »
Not got much interest in Russian politics any more but you do have to wonder why anyone who seems to oppose Putin winds up dead, jailed or disenfranchised.

Must be a coicidence then

Right so knowing this why does the likes of Moby keep whining about it?

Moby doesn’t like Democracy back home in the U.K. as he cannot accept the will of the people in regards to Brexit.

And although he isn’t Russian and he cannot vote in Russia he sticks his filthy beak into their business as well.
 :dh:   :dh:    :dh:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #331 on: January 30, 2018, 12:59:46 PM »

Sochi ....

You keep asking and the answer is the same .... NO ... you cannot be trusted with others' copyright ;(

Moby - why did you delete your youtube videos? Did they essentially confirm your Russophobia?

Never one for facts, Rosco ( in more ways that one  - in this case ) ... *I* didn't delete any video ..  :coffeeread:

The EU is the council of Europe. Perhaps you didn't get the memo.

A common mistake for those who post without thinking ... The EU is made up of 28 nations - currently ... How many are in the Council of Europe ? FORTY-SEVEN ... including Russia - who signed up to be bound by rulings ...

Quote from: wikipedia
The European Council is an official institution of the EU, mentioned by the Lisbon Treaty ...

:ROFL:

Please - STOP, now - you are just proving your daftness .... 

https://www.coe.int/en/web/about-us/our-member-states

Thats what I'm saying. He was so small, there was no need to get anything done. The fact that your precious ECHR believes there was, only makes my case stronger that this organisation is nothing but a blowheart.

Now that you KNOW you've been proven somewhat 'incorrect' as to the make-up of the CoE ... perhaps you'd like to rethink the 'bias' of the organisation you so COMPLETELY mixed up ?

Right, because Gorbatchev was such a hit with the Russian people. Or Jeltsin... or any of the other leaders that were not seen as 'strong' by the Russian people.

Gorby is blamed for opening pandora's box - but it could have ended so much worse - given the USSR hawks who sought a military soln to the bankruptcy of the USSR

Yeltsin ? He was seen as 'strong' .... at first ...  and he did choose VVP as his successor ...  He was certainly 'strong' on the Chechens...

I wonder what the odds of this seeing the light of day in it's original state are ?))))

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #332 on: January 30, 2018, 01:51:14 PM »

Anyway back on topic.

That is a rhetorical question, yes?

Offline Fashionista

« Reply #333 on: January 30, 2018, 02:51:57 PM »

Gorbachev was very unpopular with hardline communists, members of the Communist party (those who missed out on the Yeltsin's fire sale) and other people with government perks.  They were of course not very happy. However, if not for him, there would still be cold war, and you guys wouldn't be married to a Russian. By the time Gorby came to power the economy was collapsing. People living in Moscow didn't see it because the Moscow economy was propped at the expense of other regions. People in Siberia lived on food rations. Was it 20 g meat/10 g butter per day for one person? I can;t remember now. Now I walk into a grocery store in Siberia, it's better than anything I see in Canada.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #334 on: January 30, 2018, 04:44:45 PM »
A common mistake for those who post without thinking ... The EU is made up of 28 nations - currently ... How many are in the Council of Europe ? FORTY-SEVEN ... including Russia - who signed up to be bound by rulings ...
Ah right, so more than two thirds (66%) of the council of Europe is actually made up of European countries in the EU. no you are right, it isn't the EU calling the shots at all. Especially since most of the non-EU countries are EU-wannabee's .... The only country without Europe on its mind in this body is actually Russia.

Now that you KNOW you've been proven somewhat 'incorrect' as to the make-up of the CoE ... perhaps you'd like to rethink the 'bias' of the organisation you so COMPLETELY mixed up ?
Nope , see above. You were quick to take the bait. Good to have facts on my side. I just needed you to confirm them first before replying otherwise you would have put a spin on it again.

Gorby is blamed for opening pandora's box - but it could have ended so much worse - given the USSR hawks who sought a military soln to the bankruptcy of the USSR

Except according to the Russkies, he didnt save the USSR at all, he made it worse.
And considering they lived through it, I imagine they know it better than the western wannabee's who just started to see what was happening after the cold war ended.

Yeltsin ? He was seen as 'strong' .... at first ...  and he did choose VVP as his successor ...  He was certainly 'strong' on the Chechens...

I wonder what the odds of this seeing the light of day in it's original state are ?))))

Ah right, so Yeltsin here is wrong, but Poroshenko whom does everything exactly the same to East-Ukraine is the EU-Golden Boy. Right.

OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Wiz

« Reply #335 on: January 30, 2018, 11:29:44 PM »
For those who are not quite up to speed on this stuff, both Yeltsin and Gorbachev are seen by many Russian people as being traitors. That perception is for the same reasons that westerners have been programmed  to see them as heroes.

Absolutely right and I face it almost everyday...... without any notice to my "Objective" views regarding the economics of the time...... listened or taken into consideration by "her who has to be Obeyed".  :nod: :smokin:

As my attention is elsewhere ... Greece (Balkans) where it smells very bad (barouti in Turkish)  ....... I don't bother to argue my objective points and refer her to a video made by a Greek reporter,
 ;D
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline Wiz

« Reply #336 on: January 30, 2018, 11:50:50 PM »

Sochi ....

:ROFL:

You keep asking and the answer is the same .... NO ... you cannot be trusted with others' copyright ;(

I have asked you to DO IT YOURSELF........ (already I have a copy, as you well know & a few more  :nod: :P)...... but as we say in Greece.... Sex Tourist....

You don't have the Balls!

:P :king:
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline Wiz

« Reply #337 on: January 31, 2018, 01:14:20 AM »

Gorbachev was very unpopular with hardline communists, members of the Communist party (those who missed out on the Yeltsin's fire sale) and other people with government perks.  They were of course not very happy. However, if not for him, there would still be cold war, and you guys wouldn't be married to a Russian. By the time Gorby came to power the economy was collapsing. People living in Moscow didn't see it because the Moscow economy was propped at the expense of other regions. People in Siberia lived on food rations. Was it 20 g meat/10 g butter per day for one person? I can;t remember now. Now I walk into a grocery store in Siberia, it's better than anything I see in Canada.

When I point out the same comments, as you mention above to my wife..... I am talking to deaf ears because she is watching LIVE daily "ROSSIYA 24" ...especially on her days off, from work!

Not only in Siberia but everywhere else in the USSR and when I provide her with various articles or videos, sometimes she has moments of truth and tears in her eyes,  but still believes  "Gorbachev" was a traitor!

Putin is not my friend, but looking "Objectively" the situation as it has evolved, after he took over the power from the traitor and disgusting rober Yeltsin, he brought back pride to the Russians, stabilised the economy, improved the standard of living and more importantly is doing everything possible to protect his country and its interests for the past 16 years. Whatever is his own political ideology above all he is a "Patriot" unlike the members of the club "Atlantists"!

I wonder when he finish his political life WHO will take over?

Don't forget that the Americans have done everything possible to continue the "Cold War"...... as in Syria, Ukraine, NATO, Embarko, Sanctions  etc.

tiphat

PS: Anybody know, for sure, if he has Nationalised the "Bank of Russia"
or it's still owned by the Rothchilds, Which Yeltsin signed over when he took  his loans)

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #338 on: January 31, 2018, 02:29:08 AM »

..and you are 'up to speed' ? ;)

Yeltsin's legacy is somewhat more confusing that you suggest -  the perception I pick up is that  Yeltsin didn't control the anarchy that followed the collapse of the USSR

Russian Media was MUCH more open and critical of govt than allowed , now .. 

So much for your 'programming' ... from the RU perspective.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #339 on: January 31, 2018, 02:38:24 AM »

I have asked you to DO IT YOURSELF........ (already I have a copy, as you well know & a few more  :nod: :P)...... but as we say in Greece.... Sex Tourist....

Wiz, I choose when and where to post photos of MINE... 

Thanks, for admitting your obsession with my 'sex tourist' life style.. and cribbing copyrighted images ..

Given SC and I are in our  5th year of a monogamous relationship - what does that tell us about the 'accuracy' of your posts ?

Offline Poldark

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #340 on: January 31, 2018, 08:16:50 AM »
I saw him from afar!!!! Not exciting no but at least I got a glimpse of a great leader rather than meeting a weak and feeble leader.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #341 on: January 31, 2018, 09:06:18 AM »
One of the signs of a sociopath is that they find it hard to relate to individuals. They can be pleasant and manipulative but it is a practiced act, a charade, not innate.

Why do I mention it now, here?

Well, just above we see a poster who is unable to distinguish between a person writing (speaking) about himself and a person writing about others. For the sociopath, the two are very hard to tell apart. We see that here in the words posted by the forum indigent.

Whether Yeltsin was in control of everything or not is not, and was not, the point being made. I was referring to how many, perhaps a majority, of Russians perceive the fellow in the context of what they know of their lives and the situation of their country and nations.

While I am sure that you might soon tell us that you know of some invented personal connection presented as an authority who might differ in her opinion to millions of Russians such a claim does not in any way alter the opinions of those millions.

Offline Wiz

« Reply #342 on: January 31, 2018, 09:10:08 AM »

Wiz, I choose when and where to post photos of MINE... 

Thanks, for admitting your obsession with my 'sex tourist' life style.. and cribbing copyrighted images ..

Given SC and I are in our  5th year of a monogamous relationship - what does that tell us about the 'accuracy' of your posts ?

Moby

it's you who is bragging...... not me.

When you post photos in public.... anybody can make a copy....... :P

You have big idea of your self....... and whatever you write about your self...and your long distance relationship .....  could be all fake......

Did you divorce your last wife yet?

;D

Offline Jerash

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #343 on: January 31, 2018, 11:48:31 AM »
Of course, I wondered about this Navalny before coming to Russia, as he was/is one of the main topics for Russian related news items in the West.

Now that I've been living here, I've realized that Navalny is portrayed in the West as the figure that Western media outlets wish him to be.

This guy isn't the leader of "the" or "an" opposition.  He polls in the single digits, his rallies (pumped up in Western media) draw small numbers (the one here in Moscow this last weekend was maybe a thousand people), and much of his support is drawn from teens below the voting age (whose future directions are as reliable as the wind). This guy is in it for himself.  If not, why not throw his "weight" behind one of the other independent candidates (there are a few).  I guess he doesn't do this because then it would show how inconsequential he actually is.  For him, it's much more important to keep getting positive press attention in the West and in this way he validates himself.  He's a malcontent heroized by Western media types desperate to find some "proof" to fit their false narrative of this place.  Like Moby, these media types can't accept the fact that Putin is popular among voters and legitimately so; a hell of a lot has changed for the better in this place over the last 18 years.

To me, you could hardly do worse comparing Jeremy Corbyn, the leader of a legitimately popular mainstream movement in Britain, with Alex Navalny, leader of nothing and without much support, aside from some Western media outlets.

One person told me that his main support comes from the office worker class in Moscow.  Most of my clientele is the office worker class in Moscow and I'm not finding much support out there for Navalny.

This guy is an imaginary hero that Guardian writers have wet dreams about in their sleeps.  But in Russia, he's basically a nobody.  Just another person who criticizes Putin, Medvedev, and the Russian government (yes, it's allowed, even from a "soapbox" as Navalny proves).

The fact is that the Yeltsin years are very memorable for Russians and they don't want to go back there.  They see Navalny as a man without a plan who will bring them back to that very quickly.  Putin exudes calm, confidence, decisiveness, and authority and Russians have done well by him.  It will be good if someone displaying similar traits, who wants to continue Russia's difficult post-communist development comes out of the woodworks in the future to replace the current president.

Navalny is a western media darling and basically an irrelevant figure in Russia, because he offers nothing that Russians want.

This is my sense living in Moscow, apparently the most anti-Putin and pro-Navalny city in Russia.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #344 on: January 31, 2018, 12:46:17 PM »
Jerash, what you are writing absolutely accords with my understanding.

A while back the west had a different 'darling'. Gary Kasparov. He was pumped up as the next great thing in western media and that was, I am sure, by the powers that be. He was inconsequential, almost certainly bought and paid for by people in western politics and, or, intelligence. For a while, Boris Nemtsov filled the role but his purpose was never to be a leader in Russia - that was probably connected with Ukraine and their goals - again, he was bought and paid for.

What troubles me is that very few in 'the west' understand that Putin is just about the best leader for western interests. It is hard to imagine any leader in Russia, who was able to meet the requirements of the Russian people, who'd be as moderate, accommodating of western (American) interests and as patient as Putin.

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #345 on: January 31, 2018, 12:55:27 PM »

Never one for facts, Rosco ( in more ways that one  - in this case ) ... *I* didn't delete any video ..  :coffeeread:

So I assume that means you're also under adult supervision and moderation at Youtube too?  :coffeeread:

Offline Halo

« Reply #346 on: January 31, 2018, 03:36:31 PM »

I disagree with you.

Gorbachev and Yakovlev (the architect of so called "perestroika") wanted to build a better socialist society, not dismantle it.   Every "event" where he met with the "man in the street" was preplanned, with nomenklatura or apparatchiks (evident by their dress).  The purpose of so called "glasnost'" was to draw out those who did not conform to Bolshevik ideology in thought.  The CPSU was planning a Pinochet type regime.

The person who really caused the collapse of the USSR was Yeltsin, with his criticism of party appartchiks, and going out on the streets when Gorbachev was arrested.  No Yeltsin, and things would have returned, at least momentarily, to previous periods of arbitrary arrest, imprisonment, and repression.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #347 on: January 31, 2018, 07:56:25 PM »

So I assume that means you're also under adult supervision and moderation at Youtube too?  :coffeeread:

Probably more a case of, the person who posted the video was not Moby, but one of the players/makers of the video who, after a desperate phone call from his mobyship, removed the video..
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #348 on: January 31, 2018, 11:17:01 PM »

it's you who is bragging...... not me.

Bragging about what ..?

When you post photos in public.... anybody can make a copy....... :P

Understood - but WHY would you WANT to.. 'stalker' ?  I refer to your habit of using said image and posting it elsewhere

You have big idea of your self....... and whatever you write about your self...and your long distance relationship .....  could be all fake......

:ROFL:  'Sure' ...  Only someone who falls for 'conspiracy' shyte like you cold post that ... :chuckle:

Did you divorce your last wife yet?

Didn't you READ the VERY recent thread about the farce of the Brits recognising an Eng Lang Cypriot Marriage Certificate .. ? 

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #349 on: January 31, 2018, 11:20:00 PM »

Poor Rosco ... 

Er, the video wasn't posted BY me ...     :coffeeread:

Registration