The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: 2015 Worldwide Cities Quality of Living Rankings:  (Read 6394 times)

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
Re: 2015 Worldwide Cities Quality of Living Rankings:
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2015, 08:20:59 AM »
Vo bolta hai....
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
  • Spouses Country: Narnia
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2015, 08:30:44 AM »

By the same logic I bet numbers of Russians in UK has increased even faster so should we worry about that too?

I think most Russians are Christian Orthodox, besides, those moving to UK are far from poor, i do not think they are a threat to your anything (i could be wrong, but this is based on my own observations in London.)

p.s. both Israel and Montenegro encouraged and fostered by all means migrants from Russia, you think it's by chance?   :)

The vast majority of muslims in UK are Pakistani in origin, a legacy of our Colonialist past. As ye sow so shall ye reap.

I've got no issue with muslims anyway, or gays, or lesbians or any group of people. I know hundreds of people in those groups and not one of them is a nutter or mind bender. The world is multicultural, diverse and it's easy to relocate/move/emigrate/immigrate legally or illegally. Sooner or later there will be people from everywhere living everywhere. I sure no one wants people to stay put because they where your from so don't come here....

I don't have issues with anyone either, but i wouldn't want to live in a predominantly Muslim country. I think the problem with us is that we are so mindful not to be bigots ourselves, that we become blinded to the bigotry of the other side. I don't like any religion in its' extreme - neither mine, nor yours and the least Islam, i do not think liberal-secular life style can co-exist with the radical religious one because inevitably one will go extinct and given that the religion in question didn't give to the world a lot in domains of which i am fond, i tend do favor Europe without that (or any other) religion's influence becoming dominant.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
Douglas Adams

Offline JeanClaude

• Spouses Country: Several girls, not all at the same time
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2015, 08:40:11 AM »
  that we become blinded to the bigotry of the other side.

You think not acting on the decade long rape spree of the 1400 girls was due to "blindness"?

Nails hammered into tungues (torture techniek) of those girls did not induce arrest because of blindness?

Seriously!
a day not trolled is a day not lived

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2015, 08:41:37 AM »
Do all Indians hate Muslims, JC?

I am not JC, but Hindu Indians are usually not very fond of Muslims. One of my own closest friends in Moscow, who is in fact Hindu from India, is tolerant to a fault, like you, Ste, but again, he is from upper class, educated etc. (Same with my friends from Pakistan, who are educated and mostly non-observant, inter-married etc.) Once again, we aren't speaking of 2-3% of  crème de la crème, we are speaking of majorities which in many areas are neither cool nor tolerant (Balkans included). I think the only majorities who are in fact tolerant religiously and otherwise, are the western europeans, and that very attitude, that secular humanism which in fact moved our civilization forward, imho is in jeopardy  :duh:
Douglas Adams

Offline JeanClaude

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2015, 08:51:42 AM »

I am not JC, but Hindu Indians are usually not very fond of Muslims. One of my own closest friends in Moscow, who is in fact Hindu from India, is tolerant to a fault, like you, Ste, but again, he is from upper class, educated etc. (Same with my friends from Pakistan, who are educated and mostly non-observant, inter-married etc.) Once again, we aren't speaking of 2-3% of  crème de la crème, we are speaking of majorities which in many areas are neither cool nor tolerant (Balkans included). I think the only majorities who are in fact tolerant religiously and otherwise, are the western europeans, and that very attitude, that secular humanism which in fact moved our civilization forward, imho is in jeopardy  :duh:

Why do you think Ste doesnt know this?  This is something you need to reflect on yourself, giving liberals a 'they are naive pass'

Ste's whole identity , his whole self-worth is tied up in narcissistic self-masturbation of "i-am-such-a -good-guy" using brown people as a jerk off hanky! He claims to be "colorblind" but he is anything but that!

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2015, 08:56:08 AM »

Why do you think Ste doesnt know this?  This is something you need to reflect on yourself, giving liberals a 'they are naive pass'

Ste's whole identity , his whole self-worth is tied up in narcissistic self-masturbation of "i-am-such-a -good-guy" using brown people as a jerk off hanky! He claims to be "colorblind" but he is anything but that!

Fancy a cuddle?
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline JeanClaude

« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2015, 09:03:25 AM »
For people wanting to understand the dysfunctional mindset of reverse racist liberals.

Excellent book by Thomas Sowell.

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2015, 09:38:33 AM »
121   Guangzhou   China

Much of Guangzhou is rather nice actually. Lots of expats live there quite happily.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2015, 10:02:09 AM »
121   Guangzhou   China

Much of Guangzhou is rather nice actually. Lots of expats live there quite happily.

True, but most of China is like that, great for expats and not-so-great for locals (spare certain part of population that's privileged).

My fave is Shanghai though, weren't my parents in Monte, i'd stay there, i'd never come back to Europe.
Douglas Adams

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2015, 10:11:55 AM »
In many cases it is axiomatc that the reasons why a place is good for expats are the reason it is bad for locals.

Once one ceases to be an expat and becomes an immigrant though that picture starts to change.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline JeanClaude

« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2015, 10:15:35 AM »
In many cases it is axiomatc that the reasons why a place is good for expats are the reason it is bad for locals.

Once one ceases to be an expat and becomes an immigrant though that picture starts to change.

expats want cheap servants and services

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2015, 10:18:25 AM »
That about sums it up!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2015, 12:16:13 PM »

expats want cheap servants and services

You or andrewfi may be confusing most ex-pats with your own standards of behaviour..Many ex-pats I observed have been

1/ baby boomers with final salary pensions living well forless

2/ dreamers who want to live in a nice climate with no clue how to survive and prop up bars - never trying to learn the local lingo.

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2015, 03:12:35 PM »
There is a difference between an expat and an immigrant. Please read my words above acknowledging that difference. The case I made can be identified well enough from empirical evidence.

You may be bored shitless but there's no reason for you to purposefully waste our time with your dishonest theft of time.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2015, 01:24:22 AM »
There is a difference between an expat and an immigrant. Please read my words above acknowledging that difference. The case I made can be identified well enough from empirical evidence.

I read your words and your response to JC - with which you concurred. Hence my post. I am sorry - for your sake- that this explanation was necessary.

You may be bored shitless but there's no reason for you to purposefully waste our time with your dishonest theft of time.

You may have noticed that I have responded  - several times - to this latest 'andrewfi'..

If you  - or anyone else  - posts something I feel worthy of comment - I may respond - if allowed.

Your constant referrals to 'dishonesty' and other 'slurs' - you being so aware of my circumstances [ :chuckle: ] amuses me.

My having to remind you of there being no basis in fact - I gave up pointing out examples  - might suggest that 'dishonesty' might lie somewhere else  ?

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2015, 08:19:56 PM »

We have a horde of Indians and a not inconsequential number of Pakistanis working in metro Boston most came on H1Bs then hired corrupt immigracion lawyers to massage the EB5 visa system with rampant financial fraud to stay and get green cards.

With my own eyes on multiple occasions I can unequivocally state the the Non Muslim Indians, Hindus mostly and some Sikhs have a total hatred for the Muslim Pakistanis and vice versa - it becomes an HR nightmare in most IT shops - the likes of which I only witnessed personally a few times during the height of the Northern Ireland troubles between the papists and the prots.

The only hatred on the planet that Amazes me more is ISIS against everyone and of course the RU and UA Orthodox - the same religion and ethnicities in full on hate - sort of like the USA Civil War insanity fueled by none other than Queen Victoria herself backing the Confederate Slavers - go figure and now the UK have evolved into self loathing Christians giving priority consideration to its hateful Pakistani home grown Sharia Zone enforcers.

Ironically before 9-11 and the Al Qaeda attacks in the USA which effed up my life... I used to have admiration for the Arabic people who kept their liberals in check and focused on STEM knowledge then I was harshly introduced to the hatreds of the Wahabis to all infidels including a number of unpleasant experiences at the hands of more than a few US H1B pakistanis and the liberals of Boston who enabled the Saudi 9-11 hijackers who hijacked both 767s from Boston that hit the World Trade center towers.

There are New Yorkers Like Trump who still hate Boston for being so liberal to allow these islamo jackoffs to operate freely in openly hostile Islamist enclaves in Boston for years before 9-11.

Today I have been rudely shaken from my diversity multicultural brain washing and now truly believe anyone who prays 69 times a day to mecca and follows Sharia law is a domestic and foreign enemy of the US Constitution as Sharia is antithetical to all the liberties our Constitution and Bill of Rights enshrines.  To add insult to severe injury the Islamist Sharia law proponents use our Constitution and Bill of Rights to undermine the American way of life with the long term objective to infiltrate, inseminate and out populate the extremely naive and delusional G8.

Offline JeanClaude

« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2015, 08:26:08 PM »
Today I have been rudely shaken from my diversity multicultural brain washing

its not brainwashig , there is signifcant advantage for people to get on the gravey train of the state, (bonus you get to pretedn you are "smart" because you shit out leftist crap)
Like I said, liberalism is a cancer and islam is the chemotherapy, chemotherapy its not nice, you feel bad, hair and teeth fall out, but eventually the cancer dies, (or the patient dies.)

btw, thanks for being a coffin nail, your service is appreciated.

Offline Anteros

« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2015, 08:27:29 PM »

We have a horde of Indians and a not inconsequential number of Pakistanis working in metro Boston most came on H1Bs then hired corrupt immigracion lawyers to massage the EB5 visa system with rampant financial fraud to stay and get green cards.

With my own eyes on multiple occasions I can unequivocally state the the Non Muslim Indians, Hindus mostly and some Sikhs have a total hatred for the Muslim Pakistanis and vice versa - it becomes an HR nightmare in most IT shops - the likes of which I only witnessed personally a few times during the height of the Northern Ireland troubles between the papists and the prots.

The only hatred on the planet that Amazes me more is ISIS against everyone and of course the RU and UA Orthodox - the same religion and ethnicities in full on hate - sort of like the USA Civil War insanity fueled by non other than Queen Victoria herself - go figure and now the UK have evolved into self loathing Christians giving priority consideration to its hateful Pakistani home grown Sharia Zone enforcers.

Ironically before 9-11 and the Al Qaeda attacks in the USA which effed up my life... I used to have admiration for the Arabic people who kept their liberals in check and focused on STEM knowledge then I was harshly introduced to the hatreds of the Wahabis to all infidels including a number of unpleasant experiences at the hands of more than a few US H1B pakistanis and the liberals of Boston who enabled the Saudi 9-11 hijackers who hijacked both 767s from Boston that hit the World Trade center towers.

There are New Yorkers Like Trump who still hate Boston for being so liberal to allow these islamo jackoffs to operate freely in openly hostile Islamist enclaves in Boston for years before 9-11.

Today I have been rudely shaken from my diversity multicultural brain washing and now truly believe anyone who prays 69 times a day to mecca and follows Sharia law is a domestic and foreign enemy of the US Constitution as Sharia is antithetical to all the liberties our Constitution and Bill of Rights enshrines.  To add insult to severe injury the Islamist Sharia law proponents use our Constitution and Bill of Rights to undermine the American way of life with the long term objective to infiltrate, inseminate and out populate the extremely naive and delusional G8.

Sadly I agree with you and hope someday a future US President will declare that Islam is not a religion but a cult and act accordingly.  I used to think that most were moderates but all that means is that although they won't kill you themselves they cheer when a radical does so.
Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Offline JeanClaude

« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2015, 08:35:02 PM »
Nothing wakes people up from delusions about islam more then muslims chopping off heads of liberal peacecorp employees.

Offline Anteros

« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2015, 08:50:08 PM »
as I get older, cleared my mind of my bigotry and fear of other cultures

back then you were a racist, now you are a reverse racist. Not much changed he?

This is the weird paradigm that most liberals cannot understand.  They end up overcompensating and so their actions are still hateful towards somebody -- in this case it's their own race.
Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2015, 08:52:07 PM »
Back on Topic:

https://www.imercer.com/content/quality-of-living.aspx

Vienna remained at the top of our Quality of Living Rankings in 2015, boasting the best quality of living for expatriates. Mercer’s Quality of Living Rankings cover 230 prevalent destinations for globally mobile talent and are based on our Quality of Living Survey.

The Quality of Living Survey assesses quality of living conditions to help multinational companies and other employers fairly compensate employees when placing them on international assignments. Mercer compiles Quality of Living Reports and Location Evaluation Reports for each city, providing an overview of conditions and hardship premium recommendations.

Chances are if you ever work for a multinational the Mercer reports will determine your COLA and I don't mean as in Pepsi.

EMERGING CITIES
As part of the rankings, Mercer highlights select cities that are evolving as business centers around the world.

Durban, South Africa (85) – Growing manufacturing and shipping center
Cheonan, South Korea (98) – A tech and university center
Taichung, Taiwan (99) – Rich cultural traditions have helped bring in key local and international industries
Wroclaw, Poland (100) – Strong talent pool and good infrastructure
Manaus, Brazil (127) – Manaus attracts businesses as a Free Economic Zone
Hyderabad, India (138) – Home to many in the service industry (IT, insurance, and financial companies)
Chongqing, China (142) – Major manufacturing (esp. automotive industry) center and transportation hub
Xi’an, China (142) – An economic and technology development zone
Pune, India (145) – Hosts IT and automotive companies
Learn more about Mercer’s City Benchmarking Services.

Offline JeanClaude

« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2015, 09:04:18 PM »
as I get older, cleared my mind of my bigotry and fear of other cultures

back then you were a racist, now you are a reverse racist. Not much changed he?

This is the weird paradigm that most liberals cannot understand.  They end up overcompensating and so their actions are still hateful towards somebody -- in this case it's their own race.

In its root , it was always about race, so when liberals look at the world and try to
understand it, they always have their racefettish kick in.

Registration