The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Civilian referendum in Netherlands about Ukraines association with EU treaty.  (Read 3740 times)

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
  • Trips: 20+
Apparently, the shockblog Geenstijl.nl is working the bureaucracy to get a non-binding referendum of Dutch people to vote on the Association-agreement Ukraine and the EU signed.

Rules:
* Gather 10.000 old-fashioned paper autographs within 4 weeks after filing. [done, they got 11k]
* Gather 300.000 autographs (digital signed or paper) , within 6 weeks after forms become available. the first 10k will also have to sign this one agan. [in progress].

Should the 300k mark be reached within those 6 weeks, the goverment will have no choice but to organize a state-wide referendum , which is non-binding.

So even if Dutchies vote 'no' , they will still continue  :censored:

For dutch-capable readers: http://www.geenstijl.nl/mt/archieven/2015/08/geenpeil_scoort_10000_handteke.html

Markje.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline JeanClaude

• Spouses Country: Several girls, not all at the same time
...non-binding...

even if it was , why would they listen to the people, its not like we have guns like in Switzerland.
a day not trolled is a day not lived

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
Update on the situation:

Geenstijl lobbied and now has a majority-vote in the NL government, meaning they will follow the referendums outcome, whatever that may be.

(Of course, they are politicians so reasonable safeguards apply).
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Registration