The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: De-Dollarisation.  (Read 108114 times)

Offline Wiz

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: De-Dollarisation.
« Reply #775 on: October 20, 2018, 11:00:42 AM »
Like THAT is going to help a regime that has screwed up big time

Can you please expand and substantiate your comments otherwise we will have to accept that you are talking out of your backside!

;D
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline Wiz

« Reply #776 on: October 20, 2018, 12:19:47 PM »
Hungary Stuns, Announces 10-Fold Jump in Gold Reserves

"In one of the most profound developments in the central bank gold market for a long time, the Hungarian National Bank, Hungary's central bank, has just announced a 10 fold jump in its monetary gold holdings. The central bank, known as Magyar Nemzeti Bank (MNB) in Hungarian, made the announcement in Budapest, Hungary's capital."

"As a result, in October 2018 the Bank's precious metal holdings were raised from the previous 3.10 tonnes to 31.5 tonnes, a tenfold increase."

"Gold is still considered to be one of the world's safest assets, whose characteristics can be attributed to gold's unique properties such as finite supply of physical gold, and lack of credit and counterparty risk given that gold is not a claim against a specific partner or country."

Read the full article here: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-10-16/hungarian-central-bank-stuns-announces-10-fold-jump-gold-reserves
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #777 on: October 20, 2018, 12:30:55 PM »
Can you please expand and substantiate your comments otherwise we will have to accept that you are talking out of your backside!

Please Wiz, You are asking/expecting way to much of Moby.

Read the full article here: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-10-16/hungarian-central-bank-stuns-announces-10-fold-jump-gold-reserves

An interesting article, what is odd is that the spot price of gold has changed little from the time that it approached $2,000 per ounce, and than crashed back down to around $ 1,250 per ounce.

Somewhere on RUA is a rather long thread regarding gold. Some one might want to BUMP it.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Wiz

« Reply #778 on: October 20, 2018, 12:43:01 PM »

Please Wiz, You are asking/expecting way to much of Moby.

I don't think so, because he has exhibited on these boards his vast knowledge and experience on everything he is posting.  Therefore it's natural, ignorant people like myself, to ask his assistance in understanding such difficult international political matters.

Sorry but I don't think I ask or expect too much of him!

tiphat

An interesting article, what is odd is that the spot price of gold has changed little from the time that it approached $2,000 per ounce, and than crashed back down to around $ 1,250 per ounce.

The US dollar would not be worth much today based on the demand for gold.

The people who decide the price of gold namely the Rothschild's, have been refusing  to push up gold prices in an effort to protect the US dollar. Simply ... if gold goes up, the dollar goes down.

For the past 5 years, the gold market has been moving between $1200 and $1300 per ounce to protect the FED greenback... and of course to protect “Rothschild’s” huge dollar fortune.

tiphat

Offline AvHdB

« Reply #779 on: October 20, 2018, 03:04:34 PM »

The people who decide the price of gold namely the Rothschild's, have been refusing  to push up gold prices in an effort to protect the US dollar. Simply ... if gold goes up, the dollar goes down.

For the past 5 years, the gold market has been moving between $1200 and $1300 per ounce to protect the FED greenback... and of course to protect “Rothschild’s” huge dollar fortune.

Just the facts and numbers.

Today an ounce of gold is worth about $ 1,230.- an ounce. The Dollar is trading today to the Euro at One dollar to .86 Euro cents.

At the height of the Gold prices an ounce of gold was in the end of August of 2011 was some $ 1,800.= and the value of the Dollar to the Euro was 71 cents.

Since than (2011) there were swings, but I doubt the Rothschilds control much of anything. It appears the US Dollar can hold its value. Bear in mind may nations will control and manipulate there currency for economic policy purposes. While I am not taking many factors into the accounting these are hard numbers and facts.

Offline Wiz

« Reply #780 on: October 20, 2018, 04:24:34 PM »

Just the facts and numbers.

Today an ounce of gold is worth about $ 1,230.- an ounce. The Dollar is trading today to the Euro at One dollar to .86 Euro cents.

At the height of the Gold prices an ounce of gold was in the end of August of 2011 was some $ 1,800.= and the value of the Dollar to the Euro was 71 cents.

Since than (2011) there were swings, but I doubt the Rothschilds control much of anything. It appears the US Dollar can hold its value. Bear in mind may nations will control and manipulate there currency for economic policy purposes. While I am not taking many factors into the accounting these are hard numbers and facts.

I suggest you read about the London Gold Exchange, what happened there and why the Rothschilds closed down......when gold prices were at the highest level and in short time lost more than 30 % of its value.

Do you know anything about BIS and who is controlling it?

:coffeeread:

Offline Texan77

« Reply #781 on: October 20, 2018, 06:01:37 PM »
The dollar is likely to rise short term. Now that is not a perdiction against euro or any other currency or even a prediction against gold.  We are likely to have a recession and assets will decline against the dollar. I will be able to buy more real estate, stocks and other investments in the future for the dollars I have than I can buy today. So I have saved dollars getting ready for this opportunity. In the 2020s it will be very different.  It will likely be a time of high inflation and the dollar will lose value and I will need to shift to assets and away from dollars. There is nothing for me to be afraid of or any reason for me to come out poorer in real terms.  If the nation were to go broke and the dollar to collapse completely holding assets will be the ticket to get to where the world currencies become stable again. I also hold some in precious metals but these may not be easy to sell and may not be good to have too much in them.

3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Texan77

« Reply #782 on: October 20, 2018, 06:06:15 PM »
Wiz, What are you going to do when the EU collapses and the euro goes away. Likely to be much worse than what will happen in the USA?
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Online Guile

« Reply #783 on: October 20, 2018, 06:44:42 PM »

must be all that flatulence or hot air coming out from him again  :ROFL:

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #784 on: October 20, 2018, 06:47:09 PM »
Wiz, What are you going to do when the EU collapses and the euro goes away. Likely to be much worse than what will happen in the USA?

Wiz and Company will be eating garbanzo beans, if he’s lucky.  :chuckle:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #785 on: October 21, 2018, 01:12:05 AM »

I'm sorry, Wiz - do you seriously believe Venezuela's economic mess is all down to 'outside interference'?
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #786 on: October 21, 2018, 01:14:20 AM »

Tex ..despite the 'PIGS', Cyprus 'haircut' et al - which currency Euro or Dollar has increased in value v t'other since the Euro inception .... ?  tiphat

Offline AvHdB

« Reply #787 on: October 21, 2018, 01:59:50 AM »

Tex ..despite the 'PIGS', Cyprus 'haircut' et al - which currency Euro or Dollar has increased in value v t'other since the Euro inception .... ?  tiphat

Depends on your perspective as I recall the Euro was introduced close to parity with the Dollar now one Dollar gets you around .86 Euro cents. At one point the Dollar was trading at € 1,60.

Offline Wiz

« Reply #788 on: October 21, 2018, 02:26:32 AM »

I will continue living in the UK and use £ pounds..... and when I will need to travel to any other European country..... I am sure I will get a good rate for my currency!

As about Greece, don't worry..... the Greeks are already used dealing with many foreign currencies....... My wife can tell you how everytime we go to Greece, she pays with Left over Rubles from her last trip to see mama!  ;D

BTW before the current PM T. May invoked the article 50 of the EU for the Brexit, the price of your dollar was roughly £1 = over $1.55 cents..... Now is $1.30 average. and I can assure you that it's down to oil prices and currency speculation........ and that is why Putin is keeping quiet and smiling!

Do you know which are the Top 2 financial centres in the world?

Just to help you "The City of London", NOT THE UK - (don't mix them up), is one of them........???

What are you going to do, when the dollar collapse because many more countries will stop buying USA Government Bonds......... and you will have to use your currency for toilet paper?

How are you going to pay your 20 = Trillion debt deficit........ or you will simply tell the rest of the world F Off?

Offline Wiz

« Reply #789 on: October 21, 2018, 02:51:24 AM »

Wiz and Company will be eating garbanzo beans, if he’s lucky.  :chuckle:

I suggest you read your history for the past 100-150 years and see who paid for the British Empire taxes ......and still pay via the FED even today?

Or to be more blunt, if the USA is so great Empire why do you need the Special Relationship with the UK?

Little hint: Start counting the number of years that the British Empire has survived.....and still goes on!

Ask Canada to tell you their secret!

tiphat

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #790 on: October 21, 2018, 03:03:47 AM »

Depends on your perspective as I recall the Euro was introduced close to parity with the Dollar now one Dollar gets you around .86 Euro cents. At one point the Dollar was trading at € 1,60. [/font][/size]

No 'perception' ... from inception to today the Euro is stronger ..   despite all it's trials and tribulations - although a weak dollar may be planned ?

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #791 on: October 21, 2018, 03:09:28 AM »

Little hint: Start counting the number of years that the British Empire has survived.....and still goes on!

Wiz, it is clear that you are trolling ...as other than some Brexit loons most - sensible- Brits realise the Empire has long gone .... on this I'm in complete accord with VVP.

Whilst some nations retain the Queen as Head of State - it is a TRADITION rather than some admission to be subjugated by the UK ... THAT would be a speedier route to cries for a Republic status in 'Oz and Canada

Offline Wiz

« Reply #792 on: October 21, 2018, 03:09:38 AM »

I'm sorry, Wiz - do you seriously believe Venezuela's economic mess is all down to 'outside interference'?

Nice try, old trick answering with a question to my comments, copycut of a Russian woman's reply .... "What about you?".

Clearly you are not able to answer my front loaded question.....with  evidence.... to justify any possible comments of yours.

Pull the other one as they say ........tough! :P :P :P

Clearly you are incapable  to offer or make any serious comments therefore you are talking out of your backside.

:fighting0025:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #793 on: October 21, 2018, 04:30:11 AM »

Nice try, old trick answering with a question to my comments, copycut of a Russian woman's reply .... "What about you?".

Clearly you are not able to answer my front loaded question.....with  evidence.... to justify any possible comments of yours.

Pull the other one as they say ........tough! :P :P :P

Clearly you are incapable  to offer or make any serious comments therefore you are talking out of your backside.

:fighting0025:

Wiz, you  have gained yet another bad habit - writing lot's of pointless and misleading words - but at least they are your own - when they are - it is clear you are out of your depth ....

My 'question' was in ANSWER to your howler - YOU used said nation as an 'example' ..

Try answering the question as it demonstrates how daft you were to use Venezuela as an example  :chuckle:

Offline AvHdB

« Reply #794 on: October 21, 2018, 07:37:33 AM »

Pull the other one as they say ........tough!

The current state of the Venezuela economy is almost entirely due to the governments own actions. First with Chavez and now Maduro. The avarice pf Maduro's wife is an attempt to top some of the most blatant attempts of stealing that former Soviet Union ogliarchs have done. But it is more fundemental than one greedy person.

In North America it is called a Banana Republic, and Central and South America has a long and proud tradition with this form of governance.

Spoiler Alert: Wiz will come along and blame the CIA and some Zionist actions, but it is a mantra of Wiz that like Greece it is always foreign actors and not personal responsibility.

Offline Wiz

« Reply #795 on: October 21, 2018, 09:01:49 AM »

The current state of the Venezuela economy is almost entirely due to the governments own actions. First with Chavez and now Maduro. The avarice pf Maduro's wife is an attempt to top some of the most blatant attempts of stealing that former Soviet Union ogliarchs have done. But it is more fundemental than one greedy person.

In North America it is called a Banana Republic, and Central and South America has a long and proud tradition with this form of governance.

Spoiler Alert: Wiz will come along and blame the CIA and some Zionist actions, but it is a mantra of Wiz that like Greece it is always foreign actors and not personal responsibility.

I answered to Moby but as your happen to be on Trolling duties earning your keep from Zionist Haifa..... I will answer to your lies as follows:

Visit this link: https://www.globalresearch.ca/search?q=US+Intervention+in+Venezuela&x=8&y=11
and search for: US Intervention in Venezuela
Then start reading and tell us which article is full of lies?

https://www.globalresearch.ca/selected-articles-us-intervention-in-venezuela/5657179

https://www.globalresearch.ca/why-is-the-cbc-lying-about-venezuela-trudeau-government-favors-us-intervention/5657040

https://www.globalresearch.ca/money-and-intervention-in-venezuela-wikileaks-us-embassy-requests-funding-for-anti-chavez-groups/25444

https://www.globalresearch.ca/un-chief-warns-over-us-military-intervention-in-venezuela/5604536

When you finish reading the very long list of articles about Venezuela and American intervention.... come and talk to us again, otherwise stop interfering into our discussions.

I am bored to answer to your Zionist Trolling..... and pack of lies you spread around.

:dh:

>:(

Offline Texan77

« Reply #796 on: October 21, 2018, 10:11:36 AM »
Wiz what all this does not take into account. The Russian and the Chinese have tried to form relationship with Venezuela and neither country was able to help much. Venezuela has exported all kinds of mayhem all over the Caribbean and central America.  So I am sure the US is doing everything it can to cause the government there trouble.  This Venezuelan president has brought about social programs that the country can not afford. Then printed a lot of money to pay for them. Then he has pissed off the USA. If there was anything in Venezuela that was anything short of being a complete basket case the Chinese or the Russians would gone there. If for no other reason just to piss the USA off.

If the USA is able to keep Venezuela broke it will cause less problems. Thankfully their government is helping us with this task more than we could of imagination.

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #797 on: October 21, 2018, 10:30:28 AM »

Banana Republics are traditionally more fascist, Maduro is 100% a communist. If Venezuela was being run by fascists they’d be better off.

Other than that you’re right, it boils down to sheer stupidity and a lack of personal responsibility.

Communism is the worst of the worst, it destroys every economy it ever touches and rewards liars and thieves.

Wiz get yourself to a specialist who can check for dementia.  :coffeeread:

Offline Wiz

« Reply #798 on: October 21, 2018, 12:00:01 PM »
Texan and Confederate.....

I find tiring trying to point to US people, various facts but they are brainwashed from their governments and unable to think and examine the facts, on their own.

It's pretty obvious you all have been brainwashed  that Capitalism is the best system.... and God bless America and that as far as your brain function goes and that is a great Democracy. Shame but you are living in an asylum institution/system and you can't see any further from your nose. Sorry I can't help you!

The Zionist controled Mass media and the banking system.... have done an excellent job on you! Good luck and enjoy your ignorance.

Confederate, I told you before.... get out of the house, smell around the air and find a woman to keep you happy.

PS: Sorry boys I have no intention wasting my time and talking to a brick wall, more likely to a cement one!

I like watching documentaries and it's frightening watching some about life in your wonderful rich country.

I rather be an old age pensioner living in the UK or even Greece for that matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N4u-NkmeIw

tiphat

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #799 on: October 21, 2018, 02:07:33 PM »
Translation for Wiz:

I have no intention of realising I posted daft and will quote globalmisinfo,com and obfuscate rather than admit my howler over Venezuela