The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: De-Dollarisation.  (Read 106631 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Re: De-Dollarisation.
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2015, 10:48:13 AM »
When Rome fell the whole planet went in to the dark ages for about a thousand years. Humans lived with very much less. Be careful what you wish for as you may get it. We are I believe on the verge of a world wide recession that could get much worse it there is some type of war or if the momentary system falls.

You guy across the pond read and believe everything anti American you read.  The picture you paint for yourself is much worse that what is real. When the system is replaced it is likely to be much less kind than what you now enjoy.

The world never came to an end when the British Empire came to an end? Life goes as it has for thousands of years, history tells us that. So I will not loose any sleep about the fact that one day the same fate will await the US.
Every empire comes to an end. Or is anyone here so stupid they think they can re-write history and the US empire is here for eternity  :laugh:

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Texan77

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2015, 11:43:25 AM »
The British Empire has never truly ended yet it just part of it moved west to British off spring in the America's and part move east to Europe and still with the same race and cultural of people, which let you be in the top one percent earnings of the world. This is why there was not great lost. This time it will be lost of the European people's empire as wealth will move away from European people and their off spring in America. Go ahead and hate all the advances you have in life they are not likely to last so you will not mind losing them.

Read below about the great new empire that is likely to that will one day take over.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/isis-enshrines-a-theology-of-rape/ar-BBlHDWR?ocid=U218DHP

3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2015, 12:02:24 PM »
The British Empire has never truly ended yet it just part of it moved west to British off spring in the America's and part move east to Europe and still with the same race and cultural of people, which let you be in the top one percent earnings of the world. This is why there was not great lost. This time it will be lost of the European people's empire as wealth will move away from European people and their off spring in America. Go ahead and hate all the advances you have in life they are not likely to last so you will not mind losing them.

Read below about the great new empire that is likely to that will one day take over.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/isis-enshrines-a-theology-of-rape/ar-BBlHDWR?ocid=U218DHP

Yes thats going to be the next Empire for sure. They do not really even need to fight for it. Just migrate to Europe and breed like rabbits , thirty years time "Job done"
Sterilisation maybe an answer to that :smokin:

Offline Anteros

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2015, 04:36:12 PM »
When Rome fell the whole planet went in to the dark ages for about a thousand years. Humans lived with very much less. Be careful what you wish for as you may get it. We are I believe on the verge of a world wide recession that could get much worse it there is some type of war or if the momentary system falls.

You guy across the pond read and believe everything anti American you read.  The picture you paint for yourself is much worse that what is real. When the system is replaced it is likely to be much less kind than what you now enjoy.

The world never came to an end when the British Empire came to an end? Life goes as it has for thousands of years, history tells us that. So I will not loose any sleep about the fact that one day the same fate will await the US.
Every empire comes to an end. Or is anyone here so stupid they think they can re-write history and the US empire is here for eternity  :laugh:

The US empire will not end in your lifetime, so go ahead and keep dreaming your sad and delusional "dreams".   :laugh:
Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Offline Anteros

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2015, 04:39:42 PM »
I'm always amused, here, by the Johnny One Notes who believe their own biases and tell each other ghost stories around the campfire...

The Arabs could, of course, denominate oil in Euros or other currencies, including creating an oil-backed Dinar, one supposes, although they are not likely to do so.   

I'm sure Andrew can explain this better than me Cuffy, but my understanding is that China choosing to devalue their currency also brings down the dollar.

Not really.  The devaluation of the RMB actually weakens it against the dollar (although this has the effect of making US imports to China more expensive, in relative terms, and exports to the US from China less expensive).  It's that latter one that China was after, as they are going to have a bumpy ride with their economy in the coming months. 

China is focused on not becoming the next Japan....and they may be too late.  They are going to have something of a pension crisis and a health care crisis and a collapse of their real estate markets as their population declines over the next few years.  The drop after 2025 is going to be precipitous.

I would expect the dollar to rise as the Fed is expected to raise interest rates (depending on Yellen's view of the strength of the US economy (which ain't like it was, but is still better than most places are at the moment) and in particular, jobs) and the Euro nearly went down the EUrinal over Greece (Which is merely a rounding error to the US). 

Also, as they don't borrow externally, and have so much less exposure as their own currency isn't yet as widely used abroad (which is rapidly changing), it doesn't really hurt them. It simply makes their exports more competitive.

Yes, well, the RMB is actually, on any given day the 6th-9th most traded currency, but so long as China maintains capital controls on it (i.e. the foreseeable future) it's not going to become a reserve currency.  I realize how much you dislike the dollar, as an extension of your dislike for American foreign policy, however the dollar ain't goin' anywhere anytime soon.

I fondly recall the introduction of the Euro, and how the French, in particular pissed all over themselves at the prospect of dethroning the dollar as the world's primary reserve currency and....well, not much has changed. 

:coffeeread:

B/B

Succinct and on the money as usual, and in this case much to the chagrin of the [derogatory term removed]'s of this forum, that would be US money.   :thumbsup:  tiphat  :ROFL:

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2015, 05:09:07 PM »
The US empire will not end in your lifetime,

I disagree, I think we hear the fat lady singing.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Texan77

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2015, 05:16:32 PM »

When the Euro-American empire ends you will not likely like you new life style.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2015, 05:28:12 PM »

Are you drunk! Europe doesn't need the US! Us realises this thats why they need to keep some wars/trouble going on in the area. Can you imagine if all the European/Asian continent just managed to get on together as partners.
Who needs all the wild Bill Hitchcock's from the US, go down South America and shoot that lot… oh you already did that :laugh:

Good bye Uncle Sam and good riddance..

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2015, 05:38:03 PM »

The US empire will not end in your lifetime, so go ahead and keep dreaming your sad and delusional "dreams".   :laugh:

:Zzzzsleep: :Zzzzsleep:  The Evil empire is such a wonderful place especially when it comes to women , so much so you have to come and steal the European women :ROFL:

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2015, 07:14:54 PM »
Both China and Russia are sinking.
The United state's economy, has survived Obama, and the future looks great, with a republican president.
With cheap oil, the United states prospers, if oil rises, the United states steps up production, and we prosper, the United states is after all is not a one trick pony.
Like it or not, the world would go to hell in short order, without the United states keeping things turning.
 Buy them rubles and what happens when Russian goes bankrupt?
Honestly Russia is a third world nation.
It would cost trillions to modernize their infrastructure.
Putin is spending beyond their means for military, and funding war in Ukraine, along with other expenditures that do not move Russia in the right direction.
China has manufacturing, but they have limited natural resources.
What is it with you brits, envy?

STRATFOR: RUSSIA ECONOMY HITS PERFECT STORM

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2015/08/12/stratfor-russia-economy-hits-perfect-storm/
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline Texan77

« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2015, 11:08:28 PM »
Both China and Russia are sinking.
The United state's economy, has survived Obama, and the future looks great, with a republican president.
With cheap oil, the United states prospers, if oil rises, the United states steps up production, and we prosper, the United states is after all is not a one trick pony.
Like it or not, the world would go to hell in short order, without the United states keeping things turning.
 Buy them rubles and what happens when Russian goes bankrupt?
It would cost trillions to modernize their infrastructure.
Putin is spending beyond their means for military, and funding war in Ukraine, along with other expenditures that do not move Russia in the right direction.
China has manufacturing, but they have limited natural resources.
What is it with you brits, envy?

STRATFOR: RUSSIA ECONOMY HITS PERFECT STORM

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2015/08/12/stratfor-russia-economy-hits-perfect-storm/

Actually China is very dependent on the US. Nearly the only country China has a trade balance with is the US. They are a one horse show also that is selling to the US. Yes China sells to many other countries but most of those countries China buy more than it sells.

Offline Texan77

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2015, 12:10:59 AM »

Are you drunk! Europe doesn't need the US! Us realises this thats why they need to keep some wars/trouble going on in the area. Can you imagine if all the European/Asian continent just managed to get on together as partners.
Who needs all the wild Bill Hitchcock's from the US, go down South America and shoot that lot… oh you already did that :laugh:

In 2007 a US bank failed and months latter it trigger a banking crisis in America. At first Putin was so happy the America was finally coming down. The French president thought it was funny. Most other countries kept their thoughts to themselves.  A few weeks latter our banking crisis had Putin very upset as our banking crisis was destroying the Russian economy. The French President soon had a different tune also. If you remember as soon as our economy drop the price of oil dropped.  Then banking problem spread all across Europe.  Chinese factories were idle. The world economy slow down and nearly all industrial nations were affected.

If this all started with Lehman Brother Bank failing just think what will happen if the whole system came down. Russia and China never recover from this one bank failure. Both countries had great balance sheets going into 2008 and not so great afterward. Europe had a huge recession. Of course, this one bank failure exposed all the weakness in the system. But the global system is not stronger now. If anything it is weaker.

European failures would have an effect on us also. The two geographical areas are married whether you guys like it or not. We are sharing common future.   

What we have now is a good chance that a Russian/Chinese failure will be the start to bring the system down this time.  A war like in ww2 is no long an effective method of combat as the world is too interconnected.

The real Question is, are you Brits Drunk?  You really think that what happens in other countries does not matter???

Offline Manny

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2015, 01:56:02 AM »
The real Question is, are you Brits Drunk?  You really think that what happens in other countries does not matter???

I think you lot over the pond over-value the importance of your currency and imagine we would all be living in caves without it.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Offline Manny

« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2015, 01:57:08 AM »

You better stop trying to export their third world women then and find a nice, plump, first world American girl.  :thumbsup:

Offline Texan77

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2015, 04:20:40 AM »

I think you lot over the pond over-value the importance of your currency and imagine we would all be living in caves without it.

You do not understand how the global economy is both very fragile and interconnected. No one likely to live in caves but the UK could turn into a UKrane. In 2007 Putin did not think the Russia cared about a fail bank in the US until the price of oil dropped to about 1/3 of what it was.

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2015, 04:50:54 AM »

You better stop trying to export their third world women then and find a nice, plump, first world American girl.  :thumbsup:

Maybe you want to explain why not that many years ago women from Russia were marrying fat old westerners to escape the economic poverty.

Russia's economy improved ,but outside of Moscow and maybe a handful of the other cities, very little investment in Russian infrastructure.

By the way, my focus is on Ukrainian women, so not a problem to over look Russia.
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2015, 06:31:57 AM »

If only.  The US is traditionally isolationist.  The problem with Europe and Asia is their penchant for sprouting megalomaniacal, homicidal dictators.  If we don't nip it in the bud, pretty soon we're up to our elbows in alligators. 

You guys are like our batshit crazy granny who needs to be monitored before she goes off her meds and harms herself.  Except that granny won't, y'know, commit genocide and there won't be tens of millions of dead people as a result. 

What modern history has shown us is that Europe needs Adult Supervision, fairly constantly... 

LOL.  Someday, soon enough, Europeans will be crying and begging for Uncle Sam back...whilst they are licking the boots of their Muslim overlords.

Good luck....

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2015, 08:43:32 AM »

LOL.  Someday, soon enough, Europeans will be crying and begging for Uncle Sam back...whilst they are licking the boots of their Muslim overlords.

Good luck....

B/B

+1

Ottoman Empire once ruled most of southern Europe. 
"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun" - Katharine Hepburn

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2015, 08:59:10 AM »
Funny how some of these folks talk about us importing women,
as if they didn't :chuckle:
The real desperate ones have to move to EE, they know their
women would not stay with them, if the brought them to
a first world nation :laugh:
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2015, 10:24:11 AM »

Yes, I thought that was a rather childish response - not up to intelligent debate level :(   

Simply because we aren't all 'sheeple' and believe what the Kremlin / no.10 / Whitehouse, et al, claim- shouldn't mean we dislike a nation / it's people - just don't approve of leaders policies

Hmm.. that is also particularly daft ... Are you suggesting a Russian / Ukrainian lady coming to live in the west is only doing so to 'escape' E.Europe ?!   There was me thinking it was something to do with our personalities  / famlily values..  :chuckle:

I would happily live in Sochi - if I can keep bringing in the bacon from the west. O.K. it has had an inordinate amount of capital spent on it - that will never be paid back in non RU lang tourist trade - but that is GREAT if you want to use the facilities  / enjoy the nature.

One can live well in E.Europeans countries  - incl . Russia - if one doesn't want get into Politics.  Sochi sure doesn't feel 'third world'

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2015, 12:17:47 PM »
Yep sure looks like the United states has to be worried. :coffeeread:

Chinese devaluation of yuan is threat to Russian economy

http://m.asia.rbth.com/business/2015/08/14/chinese_devaluation_of_yuan_is_threat_to_russian_economy_48523.html

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2015, 12:50:54 PM »

Yes, I thought that was a rather childish response - not up to intelligent debate level :(   

Simply because we aren't all 'sheeple' and believe what the Kremlin / no.10 / Whitehouse, et al, claim- shouldn't mean we dislike a nation / it's people - just don't approve of leaders policies

Hmm.. that is also particularly daft ... Are you suggesting a Russian / Ukrainian lady coming to live in the west is only doing so to 'escape' E.Europe ?!   There was me thinking it was something to do with our personalities  / famlily values..  :chuckle:

I would happily live in Sochi - if I can keep bringing in the bacon from the west. O.K. it has had an inordinate amount of capital spent on it - that will never be paid back in non RU lang tourist trade - but that is GREAT if you want to use the facilities  / enjoy the nature.

One can live well in E.Europeans countries  - incl . Russia - if one doesn't want get into Politics.  Sochi sure doesn't feel 'third world'
No, not at all. I was suggesting some men, need to move there to have the level of women they do, bring them home and they would see what they could get.
Mostly being sarcastic.

As for others, regardless of where you live if you have gone to EE to find a wife,
then puts you in same boat. Country does not matter.
Unless of course, the lady came to country and found you, chased and convinced you to date her :chuckle: then maybe you make comments about others who have done this.
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline Anteros

« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2015, 05:30:15 PM »

Good luck....

B/B

+1

+1000  The UK people know they're in deep kaka but still can't quite grasp how deep it is.  Mohomed as a first name for all new born babies ring a bell yet?   :ROFL:

Offline Manny

« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2015, 06:15:27 PM »

Good luck....

B/B

+1

+1000  The UK people know they're in deep kaka but still can't quite grasp how deep it is.  Mohomed as a first name for all new born babies ring a bell yet?   :ROFL:

Remind us the ancestry of your president again?

Deep kaka? We will call it that when our cops shoot blacks dead on the streets weekly and we have ongoing race riots, mass shootings every month and uncontrolled firearms. I hate to break it to you but your streets are unsafe. Even cinemas, schools and sporting events are unsafe; mass shootings can happen at any of those places. And do. Our cops don't kill random people every week or two like yours do. Your society may have pockets of normality - for now - for those who can afford it, but is basically feral.

You blokes over the pond really get bent out of shape when someone speaks of reigning in your continual world terrorism and hegemony. 

The world is most happy to watch you all shoot each other, and we are equally happy to watch you endlessly print and use your dollars in America. But the rest of the world can trade in other types of baubles, thanks. Your printed bits of paper are no better than anyone elses.

What modern history has shown us is that Europe needs Adult Supervision, fairly constantly... 

You forget, many of us over here on the civilised continent have furniture and houses older than your country. You are trying to teach Granny to suck eggs here. We managed alright for hundreds of years before the US even existed.

The rise of the US up to say the mid 70's was a remarkable phenomenon from nothing. The dollar was a thing that, in hindsight, should never have been allowed to become what it did. But the power bestowed on the US and its dollar was abused, and the world quite rightly now seeks to correct that. Its a process, it wont happen overnight, but it has started and is gathering speed. As with any dying empire, the US will go down kicking, screaming and lashing out; we know that. We see the wars being ignited already. The only way the world can tamp down US aggression all over the world is to remove the tool of power: the dollar.

Remove the dollar, you remove the power. Remove the power, and US aggression and WW3 is avoided. Why countries all over the world are now dumping dollars and de-dollarising.

Offline Texan77

« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2015, 09:50:39 PM »
Remove the dollar, you remove the power. Remove the power, and US aggression and WW3 is avoided. Why countries all over the world are now dumping dollars and de-dollarising.

I do not know where you get all the stuff but nearly none of it is true. The dollar is going up because more countries are dollarizing than getting rid of them. You just have what you want to believe and no matter what you do not want to see what is really happening. I think you will also find their is not nearly as much power in the dollar as you seem to believe their is. The real power is in the western consumer much more than the currency.

What is killing Russia is not sanctions and anything to do with the Ukraine. It has everything to do with China. Aging population in the US is buying less Chinese products. Chinese products have become un popular in the US and we are now getting a chance to buy else where. Japan is having the same problems with the Chinese and the Europeans also seem to prefer to do business else where also. This is causing China's demand for energy to decline at the same time energy production in the US is increasing. This is causing a decline in the price of oil. China is trying to drop the price of the currency but it will have to drop a lot before Americans will want to buy their products again.

Registration