The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Real estate market n Ukraine  (Read 1912 times)

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Real estate market n Ukraine
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2015, 06:08:07 AM »
Last night while I was in our building's comms room - watching the network engineer trying to solve an ipTV issue we are having - SC had an unsolicited knock on the door

''Would your 'englishman' be interested in buying another apartment in the building  ?'' :chuckle:  I had had a conversation - in English - with a resident - a week ago about house prices here still falling and it being a buyers' market ..

SC threw them out and they tried to engage me in the comms room, as we were scratching our heads about a 'network traffic shaping issue' ..   I guess it was enterprising of them, but they picked a bad moment and the network engineer sent them off with a flea in the ear

Said neighbour admitted they would get commission and mentioning it to the 'Realtors' - such an American English word - and also received said flea from SC ...  :chuckle:

The apartment is 100m sq and has been on the market for 9 months - owners from Moscow.. The neighbour who thought she might earn commission is renting the place and wants to get out of the contract - easy if sold - as rental values are correspondingly falling and she could save money

The apartment price has fallen from 12,000,000 to 6,000, 000 Roubles - 180, 000 usd to 90.000 USD

The building is only 2 years old and in a 'good area' - but there are so many places for sale / uncompleted - I cannot see how prices will stabilise, yet

Unless you have know the neighbours a long time its best not to discuss anything with them especially being a foreigner. I have three other neighbours on my floor and its a "Hello" at most. Im probably different to you and do not trust anyone :)
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online msmoby

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2015, 06:38:33 AM »
I am the open and friendly type .. very trusting... !)

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2015, 07:23:06 AM »
I am the open and friendly type .. very trusting... !)

Could you lend me 100K I will return it next week  ;D
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online msmoby

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2015, 08:09:01 AM »
Roubles... I hope )