The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Which is better visit as my guest or as a tourist to Canada?  (Read 3254 times)

Offline Jerash

• Trips: Resident
Re: Which is better visit as my guest or as a tourist to Canada?
« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2015, 04:21:56 PM »
"As part of our plan to grow the Canadian economy and create jobs, our government is committed to attracting more visitors and business people to our country. By making the multiple-entry visa the standard visitor visa, we are evolving to meet the needs of international travellers who are looking for flexible, fast and convenient options to come to Canada.”

Chris Alexander, Canada’s Citizenship and Immigration Minister

Offline Sous01

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2015, 05:03:46 PM »
My hope remains that being honest will win the day. We have a letter from her employer, her sons school, her property and other financial papers, a letter from me soon to be sent. She is going back to Russia so here is hoping our government can recognize a sincere application.
I can not thank you folks enough no matter what the outcome

Offline Sous01

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2015, 05:02:59 AM »
One of the "visa experts" in my girlfriends city told her she should apply for a U.S. Tourist visa and then a Canadian visa. This sounds crazy to me. Your thoughts?

Offline NS1

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2015, 08:38:02 AM »
One of the "visa experts" in my girlfriends city told her she should apply for a U.S. Tourist visa and then a Canadian visa. This sounds crazy to me. Your thoughts?
I have never heard of it being done this way, I have no idea of success rate.
She still needs Canadian visa to come here. If she fails receiving any visa,
that X is not good.
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline Texan77

• Supporting Member
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2015, 11:40:40 AM »
I have never heard of it being done this way, I have no idea of success rate.
She still needs Canadian visa to come here. If she fails receiving any visa,
that X is not good.

I believe it is easier to get the Canadian visa than a US visa. Does she own property as in a house where she lives? I understand it is a lot easier to get a visa if you own a house. The next big thing is a what type of job? The better her job is the more likely she is to get a visa. The third thing is how much she has traveled. From what I gather she is real strong in this department. The fourth thing she needs a story about what she want to do in Canada. In the US they like to hear how much money she is going to spend on her vacation. If she is meeting someone she would be less likely to get the visa. The US wants to think the person coming has no connection in the country and would have no reason to stay here. If she has child or children and close family members in her native country this helps also. As this gives them more reason to believe she will return when the trip is over. Then they like to see enough money in her bank account to look like she can afford a vacation. I understand it does not have to be prefect but this is what s looked at. It come down to this, does the person approving the visa think there is enough reason for her to return that she is not a risk of her staying here beyond her visa.

Offline cdnexpat

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2015, 01:39:40 PM »

Speaking of US visa, my wife picked up her passport today, with a US one year multi visa. The Canadian visa helped on that one. It is all about building a travel history. ;D

Offline Rae

« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2015, 04:52:20 PM »
No requests anymore as for multi or single visit visas. CIC will determine which visa they will approve. Do not even bother to mention it.

Ties to her home country are the most compelling factor. Two very strong points going against you are her relationship with you and bringing a child with her to visit. CIC will thinks she has no reason to return to her country, you must convince them on your application that she will return.

Do NOT lie on the application as to not having a boyfriend (you) in Canada. If you fail to disclose this fact and in the future you marry her and wish to sponsor her as your spouse. then your omission of this info from her temporary resident (visitor) visa application, can and or will open a whole new can of worms in your dealings with CIC. I stress that this is important advice.

Do not fret if you are honest and rejected with your application now. As previously stated how this could negatively affect if you chose to sponsor her in the future as your spouse is Wrong.

Do not waste money buying a ticket yet. Means nothing to CIC.

PS...  my wifes sister was just granted a multi visa from UA. She does not work, is a housewife. She has never been outside of UA. We showed compelling reasons for her return to UA as her parents and husband and young son are in UA. I submitted a statutory declaration of support for her visit to Canada.

Good luck!

Offline Texan77

• Supporting Member
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2015, 06:49:46 PM »

Speaking of US visa, my wife picked up her passport today, with a US one year multi visa. The Canadian visa helped on that one. It is all about building a travel history. ;D

Would it be ok to tell us about her visa and how much traveling she did?

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2015, 07:25:08 PM »

Yes, it's crazy. If she gets turned down for a U.S. visa, it will reduce the chances of her getting one for Canada.
"Get away from the keyboard little man. I know where you live." (Message left in my facebook mailbox by our resident psychopath.)

Offline cdnexpat

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2015, 12:11:46 PM »

Would it be ok to tell us about her visa and how much traveling she did?

As I mentioned before:
2009 - Kyrgyzstan,
2011 -
2012 - Malaysia
2013 - Turkey, then France and Italy.
2014 - Kazakhstan,
2015 - Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Japan, korea, China.

July 2015, Canadian 4 year visa granted.V1
August 2015, US one year visa granted. B1/B2

Registration