The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Return to Russia.....But without the Wife!!  (Read 9525 times)

Offline sparky114

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Return to Russia.....But without the Wife!!
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2015, 10:10:51 AM »
i have worked out that this is visa (a double entry one) number 27 with 4 of them being 1 year multi entry business visas

Even the girl behind the counter said i think you should become an honary Russian by now!!! i did ask her if she could put in a good word for me  :chuckle:
Today is only one day in a life of happiness

Mark

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
  • Spouses Country: Narnia
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2015, 10:13:42 AM »
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
Douglas Adams

Offline sparky114

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2015, 11:04:04 PM »
So have been here for nearly a week now!!!  :coffeeread:

Transit through Moscow was a breeze no problems and seeing its a well trodden path by us knowing where to go and what to do helps greatly

So what has changed, well life continues to go on in the really the same old way as it always does in this part of Russia, there is no end to the amount of building and construction works being done, and the town get more and more "made over" every time i come here.

So what have i been doing?

Well the major task was to render / stucco the outside of the new kitchen / bathroom/ boiler/utility room we built last year, as i said before it would not be ideal to leave a insulation block exposed for more than a year, which kinda made up my mind to get it sorted, and a lull in my UK works, between projects gave the ideal opportunity.

So in about 30C average temps this is what i have been doing and its mostly all done now.

Just on a side not Registration was done this last Tuesday, all the same with only one minor difference i had to sign a form saying i did not want medical insurance as i had my own, all processed in around 20 mins and the cost of 118 roubles.

As many of you know when i was last here i reported that i could sit on my door step and watch the military drive by, well this summer in the past week i have seen nothing, even at Rostov airport and the local one in Taganrog the military planes have gone.

Last summer people here would fly the flag for freedom of the Donbass or have ribbons on their cars showing support, now you would struggle to see anything, many of the refugees have gone back or settled elsewhere.

There are a few UA number plates around but there always was, Even the summer camps are now filled with children again, after they were used last year for emergency refugee camps, so to repeat life here is now very much back to how it was.

Well today i am off around the local area looking at some potential building plots with the same realtor that we did business with at Christmas, so that should be fun dont worry she speaks good English!!!

Wifey has expressed the wish that i look for one that is beautiful  :chuckle: how you can find beautiful land!, i am not sure maybe its the views she is on about ???

I have also been to both our Dacha sites that we brought when under a cover of snow in January both were brought with purely investment ideas, a lucky find on one was it has its own drilled well which we were not told about :thumbsup: so that's a value added bonus. so they can just sit there other than Daughter and husband going and picking some apples or fruit thats the way they will stay for the moment or maybe we will use the BBQ on one of them but the Mosquitoes are quite fierce so i doubt many visits will take place.

In all the years i have been coming here and on many visits i had never had to do the next task but this time i was under strict orders :scared0005: i was told i would need to visit the graves of  those family members who passed before, to make sure all was in order and neat and tidy, i have no idea why i have never been, wifey has always just jumped in the car and done it as part of something else in her day,
Well what a place i was amazed from monuments that would rival burials of royals all were in this cemetery, i was not ready for the size although i had driven past many times i had no idea of the area of land it covered :o  to date there is 27 Alleys of on the whole very well maintained graves, even some of the real old ones are still maintained,a site that i will not forget in a long time, well i have done my duty to those that have passed before and made sure everything was neat and tidy.
Although i did wonder if they were watching? wondering why an Englishman was here to tidy their resting place..who knows!

Been also looking at cars  :'( having sold the shogun at the beginning of the year i am now car less and it makes life a lot more challenging here than i am used to..like going back to square 1 using marshrutkas and trams both of which i don't have a problem in riding just its not so convenient. But i am ammazed the price of the cars here even the rubbish commands a high price, so that got me thinking about buying a left hand drive car in the UK and bringing it over (lots of German imports here) i know of a left hand drive centre in Basingstoke area in the UK so i looked their website, i could save myself 30% on the price i would have to pay here, but then what would it cost me to export it  ???

I think in the end we will just buy a used one here but the idea of driving here is on my bucket list

Well that's about it for now, other than to say going out in Russia on a summer evening is far more "picturesque" than an evening in the UK  :chuckle:

Mark

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2015, 03:45:03 AM »
You done your biometrics Sparky?

Going this morning Ste, but have done them 3 times before  (:) this will be the 4th lot they have had of mine :'(

They are just making sure that your fingerprints haven't changed, again.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2015, 05:19:41 AM »

Been also looking at cars  :'( having sold the shogun at the beginning of the year i am now car less and it makes life a lot more challenging here than i am used to..like going back to square 1 using marshrutkas and trams both of which i don't have a problem in riding just its not so convenient. But i am ammazed the price of the cars here even the rubbish commands a high price, so that got me thinking about buying a left hand drive car in the UK and bringing it over (lots of German imports here) i know of a left hand drive centre in Basingstoke area in the UK so i looked their website, i could save myself 30% on the price i would have to pay here, but then what would it cost me to export it  ???

I think in the end we will just buy a used one here but the idea of driving here is on my bucket list

Well that's about it for now, other than to say going out in Russia on a summer evening is far more "picturesque" than an evening in the UK  :chuckle:

Great report, Sparky.

With the rouble being above 100 to the gbp - for now - at least . I noted that new top-end cars are considerably cheaper than home.  I saw 1 year old RR Evoques for a lot less than the UK  - it is at the middle / bottom end of the market where prices seem solid.

I know that if you take a Russian car - already owned - to the UK and sell it within six months  [?] Manny may know better - that you have to pay 10 percent duty plus VAT and ensure compliance - speedo in MPH..etc.,

I  know that you can drive a non RU reg'd car in RU for a year, but still don't know about the duty / testing for compliance payable if one sells it there.

May be a once a year road trip  ?  :chuckle:

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline sparky114

« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2015, 06:15:32 AM »
You done your biometrics Sparky?

Going this morning Ste, but have done them 3 times before  (:) this will be the 4th lot they have had of mine :'(

They are just making sure that your fingerprints haven't changed, again.

the amount of cuts and knocks they get in my business, I could be accused of tampering with the evidence  :chuckle:

Mark

Offline sparky114

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2015, 06:19:18 AM »

Great report, Sparky.

With the rouble being above 100 to the gbp - for now - at least . I noted that new top-end cars are considerably cheaper than home.  I saw 1 year old RR Evoques for a lot less than the UK  - it is at the middle / bottom end of the market where prices seem solid.

I know that if you take a Russian car - already owned - to the UK and sell it within six months  [?] Manny may know better - that you have to pay 10 percent duty plus VAT and ensure compliance - speedo in MPH..etc.,

I  know that you can drive a non RU reg'd car in RU for a year, but still don't know about the duty / testing for compliance payable if one sells it there.

May be a once a year road trip  ?  :chuckle:

Thanks  tiphat

I would only be looking to go EU to RUS version of the transfer but still curious though  :biggrin:

Mark

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2015, 08:30:44 AM »

Spark, thanks, i enjoyed reading  :thumbsup:
Douglas Adams

Offline abashka

• Spouses Country: Finished with dating
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2015, 02:14:45 AM »
Thank you for coffee& tea, papa Mark  :party0011:

I am so happy we met at last!  :saint:

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2015, 02:32:33 AM »
papa Mark

:eeekk:

Abashka... Mark is your papa and he fathered you when he was in his early teens?!  :o

O tempora o mores...  :snivel:
Douglas Adams

Offline abashka

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2015, 02:38:48 AM »
papa Mark

Abashka... Mark is your papa and he fathered you when he was in his early teens?!  :o

Lol, unfortunately, no, but he treats me like he is:)  One of the best guys I have ever met :)

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2015, 05:29:02 AM »
papa Mark

Lol, unfortunately, no, but he treats me like he is:)  One of the best guys I have ever met :)

I am so glad you, guys, met irl! I have very good feeling about you personally, and about Spark too, i am not surprised i was right in my assesment, as usually...  :saint:  ;D
Douglas Adams

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2015, 05:56:00 AM »
One of the best guys I have ever met :)

Oho, Sparky114...  such worthy praise

I concur - we have had our misunderstandings and the - temporary loss of his friendship - was my loss 

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline sparky114

« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2015, 11:26:53 PM »

Yes i agree and so good of you to drive 90km to the airport just to meet  :o

Mark

Offline sparky114

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2015, 11:28:10 PM »
papa Mark

17 nearly 18 so not from the bounds of unrealistic, but alas at that time i did not even know what laid east of London  :coffeeread:

Mark

Offline sparky114

« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2015, 11:28:44 PM »
papa Mark

Only One!!!! ;)

Mark

Offline sparky114

« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2015, 11:29:31 PM »
papa Mark

I am so glad you, guys, met irl! I have very good feeling about you personally, and about Spark too, i am not surprised i was right in my assesment, as usually...  :saint:  ;D

Thank you Volshe  tiphat

Mark

Offline sparky114

« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2015, 11:31:33 PM »
One of the best guys I have ever met :)

Oho, Sparky114...  such worthy praise

I concur - we have had our misunderstandings and the - temporary loss of his friendship - was my loss

Well life throws all sorts at us, How you move forward is the key to all :coffeeread:

Mark

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2015, 11:32:26 PM »

Well, i promised i'll drive to Kotor to meet you and Mrs Spark when you'll be there, and it's 60 km via mountain wreaths... There's something in you, Spark, that ignites the desire in RUA members to drive long distances...  :innocent:   ;D

papa Mark

17 nearly 18 so not from the bounds of unrealistic, but alas at that time i did not even know what laid east of London  :coffeeread:

:thumbsup:

век живи, век учись  :-[
Douglas Adams

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2015, 11:34:09 PM »

Well life throws all sorts at us, How you move forward is the key to all :coffeeread:

I love it how your replies become all Zen after an extended stay in mother Russia! It does you good!  :thumbsup: ;D
Douglas Adams

Offline abashka

« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2015, 11:36:52 PM »

Well, i promised i'll drive to Kotor to meet you and Mrs Spark when you'll be there, and it's 60 km via mountain wreaths... There's something in you, Spark, that ignites the desire in RUA members to drive long distances...  :innocent:   ;D

Volshe I would drive even 200km at 1 am to meet them, you are right ;D ;D :innocent:

I hope next time I will be able to meet both of them and not at midnight:)

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2015, 12:36:27 AM »

Volshe I would drive even 200km at 1 am to meet them, you are right ;D ;D :innocent:

You beat me, almost...  :( BUT, mine is mountains roads and in 40 degrees Celsius!  :-[

I hope next time I will be able to meet both of them and not at midnight:)

I agree!!! Seems the Sparks have a thing for extreme driving!!!  ;D ;D ;D
Douglas Adams

Offline sparky114

« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2015, 11:21:24 PM »
Ladies please your all to kind  ;D

Mark

Offline abashka

« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2015, 12:37:33 AM »
Ladies please your all to kind  ;D
lol Mark, no, you have always been too kind to me, especially during the last two months, I really do not know how I would survive all of it without your help, support and understanding :saint: