The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Return to Kiev  (Read 27801 times)

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
Re: Return to Kiev
« Reply #225 on: December 06, 2016, 02:30:23 PM »
We are traveling to Kiev for New Years. For Mrs DS it will be the first time using her new passport to travel home. That will be a novel experience. One question. Do we still need to carry paperwork ( permissions, etc) for the children even though they are not UKR nationals anymore? I think I know the answer already but some clarity would be helpful.

Yes!   As you know Nata has had a Brit passport for years now but we still carry all the necessary docs and have in the past had to produce them. To be honest if you enter and exit on a British passport you don,t get hassled as much as if you use a Ukrainian one, but they are not daft they know one probably has two passports and can be awkward if they get out of the wrong side of the bed that morning and they still don't recognise dual citizenship but keep quiet about that one  :-X

The ladies can chat if you need to know anything specific, mine has it all sorted.

PS how did your day trip go?
Thanks Chris. I thought that would the case.
We haven't been yet. Going this Saturday. To Bruge. Weather looks good so hope it'll be a pleasant day out and come back with some moreChristmas goodies.

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
« Reply #226 on: December 31, 2016, 05:41:26 AM »
Travelling to Kiev today. Usual  :censored: chaos. Delayed flights galore. Can't move in the departure lounge, it's so packed.
Got shafted by UiA. Couldn't check in online as the facility has been withdrawn at Gatwick. Got to the check in desk andcwas told I have to pay for my bag as the ticket I had purchased was a no baggage ticket. Funnily enough I had baggage on the return sector. Don't recall any options for with or without baggage. Between acrock and a hard place. They have you by the goolies. Paid 50 euros for the pleasure. Will argue the toss later. Doubt I'll ever see it refunded. Myst be a craftily concealed tick box somewhere. Bollocks.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #227 on: December 31, 2016, 06:10:24 AM »
Hope you get there in time
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
« Reply #228 on: July 28, 2019, 07:48:39 AM »
Another trip to Kiev coming up. I haven’t had a proper break for a year almost so I am really looking forward to this trip.
Wifey and kids have been there since early July.

This year we are heading west to Карпати.
I found a spanking little Spa resort nestled away in a little valley overlooked by mountains.
Lots to do around ranging from adventure sports to spa treatments for the ladies. ( How they love those treatments  ;D)
We have a nice roomy chalet booked.
From Kiev we will be travelling overnight by train.

If anyone’s around in Kiev in August pm me and maybe we can meet.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #229 on: July 28, 2019, 07:51:06 AM »
Try the treatments yourself, you will soon understand that it is not just women who love them.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
« Reply #230 on: July 28, 2019, 08:00:52 AM »
Another trip to Kiev coming up. I haven’t had a proper break for a year almost so I am really looking forward to this trip.

I found a spanking little Spa resort nestled away in a little valley overlooked by mountains.
Lots to do around ranging from adventure sports to spa treatments for the ladies. ( How they love those treatments  ;D)

Just going to miss you DS, we are there in September for a couple of weeks. Have a good trip.
Слава Україні

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
« Reply #231 on: July 28, 2019, 09:31:05 AM »
Try the treatments yourself, you will soon understand that it is not just women who love them.
I intend to. I’m a sucker for a nice massage after a spell in the sauna.

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
« Reply #232 on: July 28, 2019, 09:33:28 AM »

Just going to miss you DS, we are there in September for a couple of weeks. Have a good trip.

That’s a shame, Chris. Enjoy your trip.

I might be in Manchester/Lancs around the end of September so if you are around then and the Mannys, too, perhaps we could arrange to meet up.

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
« Reply #233 on: July 28, 2019, 09:50:17 AM »

That’s a shame, Chris. Enjoy your trip.

I might be in Manchester/Lancs around the end of September so if you are around then and the Mannys, too, perhaps we could arrange to meet up.

We are going last week of September and back home second week of October. We have a wedding to attend and then probably a  few days in the Carpathians etc. Let us know if dates work.
Слава Україні

Registration