The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Opening a biz in Russia  (Read 6851 times)

Online msmoby

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Opening a biz in Russia
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2016, 11:53:09 AM »

SP

The issue with UK cards lasted from May 2015 to sometime in Aug '16

I have purchased from m-video and topped up a 'wallet' system - like paypal that previously worked - stopped working - and now works again

I have the letters from the banks explaining why ... but Gypo - 'knows better'

Gypo has enough money in his accounts, no need to scrape the barrel..

I'm v.happy for you - but what has that got to do with this thread.. I use wallets as an extra layer of protection - to create a virtual card that only allows a limit that a set for a transaction - no change of a duplicate charge down the line ...

Gypo also lives in RU 24/7/365, and like others in the similar position, has never experienced any problems which you have highlighted..

I lived just under half the year in Russia in 2015 and my Bank's explanations - plus explanations from the RUSSIAN clearing house made it clear that I was not 'alone' in having issues with UK / CY bank cards .. not 'top up cards'

Maybe you should post your Bank letters on here for us to see..

I tried - but for some reason someone felt the need to protect you from embarrassment...

Btw, Gypo bought 2 dresses for Lady Gypo from kupri-vip.ru over the internet at the weekend, and payment was made on a UK visa... kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrcccccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggg.

Since August 2016 - the 'issue' has been resolved - I have bought stuff online using non RU bank cards.

I tried, when I saw Sparky's message.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2016, 12:57:23 PM »

SP

The issue with UK cards lasted from May 2015 to sometime in Aug '16

I have purchased from m-video and topped up a 'wallet' system - like paypal that previously worked - stopped working - and now works again

I have the letters from the banks explaining why ... but Gypo - 'knows better'

Gypo has enough money in his accounts, no need to scrape the barrel..

I'm v.happy for you - but what has that got to do with this thread.. I use wallets as an extra layer of protection - to create a virtual card that only allows a limit that a set for a transaction - no change of a duplicate charge down the line ...

Gypo also lives in RU 24/7/365, and like others in the similar position, has never experienced any problems which you have highlighted..

I lived just under half the year in Russia in 2015 and my Bank's explanations - plus explanations from the RUSSIAN clearing house made it clear that I was not 'alone' in having issues with UK / CY bank cards .. not 'top up cards'

I tried - but for some reason someone felt the need to protect you from embarrassment...

Btw, Gypo bought 2 dresses for Lady Gypo from kupri-vip.ru over the internet at the weekend, and payment was made on a UK visa... kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrcccccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggg.

Since August 2016 - the 'issue' has been resolved - I have bought stuff online using non RU bank cards.

I tried, when I saw Sparky's message.

The Moby swerve in full flow....   :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Online msmoby

« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2016, 10:15:19 AM »

The Moby swerve in full flow....   :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Kindly explain how I'm 'swerving' - do you 'speed read' and/or  omit relevant / awkward parts of my responses ?

Quite happy to have any correspondence verified by Sparky.. I am NOT the only member from the UK who had these issues ...

Offline Manny

« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2016, 01:59:29 AM »

Yeah, that happened, Mr Pinocchio.
please tell me where I'm being / have been 'dishonest'? 
Yes, he said that.........

Registration