The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Maxx's Relocation to Tbilisi, Georgia.  (Read 52528 times)

Offline Maxx

• Trips: 5-10
Re: Maxx's Relocation to Tbilisi, Georgia.
« Reply #1695 on: December 19, 2017, 03:04:46 AM »

I have flights booked for Lviv. I will be there 4 weeks. Arrive on a early Sunday afternoon and depart on an early Saturday afternoon. $414 round trip. The airport here in Batumi is 2 miles south of me. I'll check but I think I can leave my car at the airport.

I rented this place till May 1st. But I have leave it for 3 days in February (It was rented out) and 9 days in mid-March. I have a place directly below 3 floors down. Just load up the luggage cart, put it and me in the elevator then go up or down, exit the elevator walk 10 paces to my residence. Easiest move that it can be.

Offline Maxx

« Reply #1696 on: December 19, 2017, 03:30:41 AM »
A month ago I met a young woman on the train from Batumi to Tbilisi. She was sitting next to me. She starting chatting with me after sitting next to each other for a few hours. I found out she was 32 years old (half my age) and is from Uzbekistan. Did I tell you she was very pretty? Long black hair and those upswept Asian eyes, nice figure. We did internet communication on the train. Her English is very poor maybe a 1 on a 1 to 5 scale with 5 being fluent. So after a while she asked me for my contact info, which I gave her. A few minutes ago I got a text message from her. She said she was back in Batumi. I texted her back and asked if she would like to meet. I am waiting for her next message. I had gotten other messages from her before this while she was in Tbilisi. Definitely NOT a good communicator. Mostly one-two or three word messages. I found she doesn't know Russian well and Turkish is her first language.

Online Confederate

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #1697 on: December 19, 2017, 11:31:49 AM »
A month ago I met a young woman on the train from Batumi to Tbilisi. She was sitting next to me. She starting chatting with me after sitting next to each other for a few hours. I found out she was 32 years old (half my age) and is from Uzbekistan. Did I tell you she was very pretty? Long black hair and those upswept Asian eyes, nice figure. We did internet communication on the train. Her English is very poor maybe a 1 on a 1 to 5 scale with 5 being fluent. So after a while she asked me for my contact info, which I gave her. A few minutes ago I got a text message from her. She said she was back in Batumi. I texted her back and asked if she would like to meet. I am waiting for her next message. I had gotten other messages from her before this while she was in Tbilisi. Definitely NOT a good communicator. Mostly one-two or three word messages. I found she doesn't know Russian well and Turkish is her first language.

“Put candy in mouth” is only 4 words, so you’re almost there.  :chuckle:

Online Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #1698 on: December 19, 2017, 04:57:16 PM »
Congratulations on the grand strides in performance Maxx, that is quite impressive!  tiphat

Yesterday I did 402 Kilos, just under 900 pounds, 10 times. The sled weighs 52 kilos which explains the odd 2 kilos. I believe 884.4 pounds. I am going keep it at that and work for more repetitions and do them deeper to as deep as I can go. Now my reps are fairly shallow, perhaps 6 inches or about 15 centimeters. So it is work on the form next and so much increasing weight or reps.

Again I applaud your persistence Maxx. I don't really understand all the gym jargon but I don't doubt that you are 'paining and gaining.' Purely from an inexperienced point of view, it would seem you made a prudent decision to work with an instructor to assure you're following the proper actions (and not inadvertently hurting yourself [as I am prone to doing]). Meanwhile I'll stick to the elliptical and the Erg thank you very much!   
Just a swanky P.A. yankee with a can-do attitude!

Online Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #1699 on: December 19, 2017, 05:03:22 PM »

I have flights booked for Lviv. I will be there 4 weeks. Arrive on a early Sunday afternoon and depart on an early Saturday afternoon. $414 round trip. The airport here in Batumi is 2 miles south of me. I'll check but I think I can leave my car at the airport.

I rented this place till May 1st. But I have leave it for 3 days in February (It was rented out) and 9 days in mid-March. I have a place directly below 3 floors down. Just load up the luggage cart, put it and me in the elevator then go up or down, exit the elevator walk 10 paces to my residence. Easiest move that it can be.

I'm excited for you Maxx, here's hoping your trip to Lviv carries out swimmingly! And as for the 'move,' that doesn't sound too bad an arrangement. Usually when I'm called to help someone move, it involves a heavy old couch going up (or coming down) a narrow elbow stairwell - be happy you've got a cart and a lift! 
Just a swanky P.A. yankee with a can-do attitude!

Online cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #1700 on: October 11, 2018, 01:02:50 AM »

Hello Maxx,

Curious how your trip went to Lviv and if you made it back to Batumi or Tiblisi...

Hope all is well.

...Cufflinks (Mike)

Online msmoby

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #1701 on: October 11, 2018, 02:14:48 AM »

Hello Maxx,

Curious how your trip went to Lviv and if you made it back to Batumi or Tiblisi...

Hope all is well.

...Cufflinks (Mike)

Hi Mikey,

did you find your child bearing hips, large breasted Mrs Cuffy ? ;)

Online rosco

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #1702 on: October 11, 2018, 04:59:16 AM »
Maxx hasn’t said much and I recall his health wasn’t great? I’m hoping he’s just enjoying his adventures and being kept busy with a nice lady.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #1703 on: October 11, 2018, 05:00:42 AM »
I’m hoping he’s just enjoying his adventures and being kept busy with a nice lady.
Ditto.
You can change anything in life, but a BMW only for a BMW
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online Bruce Lee

« Reply #1704 on: October 11, 2018, 08:39:33 AM »

Hello Maxx,

Hope all is well.

...Cufflinks (Mike)
I’m pretty certain Maxx has permanently left the building*

*which to be fair is a bit of shame as the bloke was telling an interesting story!
If you get a minute check out Bruce's TR - Its not quite finished, however its still a pretty good read IMHO.

If I win the lottery I'll finish it this week if not I'll probably complete it when I retire!!! Until then I hope you enjoy the story so far!

Online cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #1705 on: October 11, 2018, 11:43:20 AM »
Thanks for the updates Gentlemen - I also sent Maxx a PM hopefully he found some romantic bliss in Lviv and has not been captured and held in a dungeon for his meager US Retirement benefits by a secessionist liberation militia...

Fronted by cleavage as bait like we see on the right hand side of this forum.

Offline Manny

« Reply #1706 on: October 11, 2018, 12:45:46 PM »
I’m pretty certain Maxx has permanently left the building

By his own volition if so. He is welcome here.
I apologise.
And so he should.........

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #1707 on: October 11, 2018, 01:48:46 PM »
Max seemed ok!

Can't admin who must have his e-mail write a friendly message to him to see he's ok? Then let everyone know  :)
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!