The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Brits: Suggestions for changes to visa system for Russia?  (Read 8475 times)

Online msmoby

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Brits: Suggestions for changes to visa system for Russia?
« Reply #120 on: March 19, 2016, 05:40:23 PM »

I know people from all walks of life even down in the West Country who would love to visit Russia , but are wrongly worried about the visa regulations along with the Western propaganda , KGB, arresting without reason, police harassing tourists all the usual lies.
My family all of them have visited many times , my parents are in their 70's my sister, husband , their kids have also been over many times. Yet before I lived here none would of dreamed of visiting! Why? because of all the usual propaganda about the country  ;D
All of them are completely surprised with how Russia is for real as would many others. Russia is full of culture , the best museums in the world , architecture and much more!

Plenty of reason to visit for anyone :thumbsup:

Steveboy,

I don't disagree with the reasons TO visit..You just won't see that the reasons people give not to visit are helped by recent Russian 'away games' in Ukraine, etc.

you call this 'western propaganda'   :coffeeread:

Online msmoby

« Reply #121 on: March 19, 2016, 05:59:35 PM »

N Vietnam acquired S Vietnam, and some parts of Cambodia only a few years ago, or have you a short/selective memory?

No,.. it helps to have BEEN to the places...Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand .... sometime crossing land borders..

Many of the border disputes occurred as a result of the normalisation / reunification of the 'Vietnams' in the 70's

Some light reading for you...

https://aseas.univie.ac.at/index.php/aseas/article/view/506

Then you might like to read up the SE Asian version of the EU ..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_of_Southeast_Asian_Nations

So, these nations relationships are sound, and with no risk of border incursions or war...

The South Chins Sea - Spratley Islands dispute with China is the biggie....

Now, with that little fail at deflection aside...

Online Wiz

« Reply #122 on: March 19, 2016, 11:48:19 PM »
Moby

You may forget that, I was in the travel business for nearly 40 years..
wiz, the thread is about scrapping the visa requirement for foreigners to come TO Russia...NOT about the plight of the Russia outward travel industry.. :coffeeread:

To remind you..

''Perhaps you need to explain the link to foreigners needing a visa to go to these countries.... to the decision of the group to support the operation in RU/UA during a time when the folks there can't afford to travel abroad  ?''

On my post 105 -  "Russia should abolish the visa requirement!" , I have already addressed the subject in general terms, and why the need of the visa to be abolished!

On my post 109, that you refer, I was more specific to the TUI operations...... but then you have missed all that or choosed to ignore and you comeback, like a broken record, with silly comments. :evilgrin0002:

Who can blame Gipsy and Steveboy or anybody else for that matter calling you stupid?

You already have acknowledged this fact!  :'(

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #123 on: March 20, 2016, 12:07:25 AM »

N Vietnam acquired S Vietnam, and some parts of Cambodia only a few years ago, or have you a short/selective memory?

No,.. it helps to have BEEN to the places...Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand .... sometime crossing land borders..

And YOU are the only person in the world who has BEEN to these places... Amazing..

Many of the border disputes occurred as a result of the normalisation / reunification of the 'Vietnams' in the 70's

Some light reading for you...

https://aseas.univie.ac.at/index.php/aseas/article/view/506

Then you might like to read up the SE Asian version of the EU ..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_of_Southeast_Asian_Nations

So, these nations relationships are sound, and with no risk of border incursions or war...

The South Chins Sea - Spratley Islands dispute with China is the biggie....

A reunification after a long war, which cost over 4million peoples their lives..
The reunification of Crimea was therefore very cheap.

Now, with that little fail at deflection aside...

Little deflection..   :ROFL:
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Online msmoby

« Reply #124 on: March 20, 2016, 12:17:36 AM »

On my post 105 -  "Russia should abolish the visa requirement!" , I have already addressed the subject in general terms, and why the need of the visa to be abolished!

Fibber - post 105 was your WORD FOR WORD copying and pasting of Manny's spin on RI -

On my post 109, that you refer, I was more specific to the TUI operations...... but then you have missed all that or choosed to ignore and you comeback, like a broken record, with silly comments.

the 'silly comments' was your introduction -  then repetition-  of a total red herring - TUI's propping up a sick RU/UA OUTWARD travel market ... bugger all to do with INBOUND .. the subject of this thread..

Who can blame Gipsy and Steveboy or anybody else for that matter calling you stupid?

They are entitled to their opinion, of course.. but based on the quality of their - and your - 'attempts' at ripostes - my feelings aren't likely to be dented  :chuckle: .

I missed such an acknowledgement.. I've done some daft things - including indulging you...but I'm the kind sort that pities and still hopes to educate through patience and kindness   :coffeeread:

Online msmoby

« Reply #125 on: March 20, 2016, 12:50:00 AM »

A reunification after a long war, which cost over 4million peoples their lives..
The reunification of Crimea was therefore very cheap.

Remembering your 'objection' -  was Vietnam had 'occupied' other nations' territory.. now you are trying to deflect from your initial howler... How many millions died to save the Soviet Union  ?

Crimea was part of the Ottoman Empire ... it was militarily taken and vast numbers of it's indigenous population forcibly forced to re-settle...to be replaced by the victor...

Lord knows what the final count will be re the Kremlin's 'novorossiya' stunt

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #126 on: March 20, 2016, 05:45:12 AM »
Moby,

YOU, may I remind you, not me, stated, that Vietnam had not acquired parts of a neighbouring country.

I reminded you, that N Vietnam, after one of the bloodiest and longest wars in history against first the French, then the US, had acquired S Vietnam, along with some small gains of Cambodia.

YOU then had the ordacity to claim that this was actually only a Reunification.

In reality, North Vietnam has occupied South Vietnam.

It was no howler as you stated, unfortunately, you are the one who constantly writes such howlers, then try to wriggle out of it by manipulating what was written.

Crimea citizens voted to become a part of Russia, as was their right, that vote should be recognised world wide..

You continually bang on about the "so called" intervention by the kremlin in Ukraine, where you have little to no knowledge of the situation there, and the truth as to whether Russia was/is involved or only assisting by supply of equipment etc.

You dodge the fact, that even if Russia is helping in E Ukraine, it was Ukraine who decided to make it into an all out war, which must take the blame for the majority of the killings there.

You then try to change the subject by bringing in Soviet history.

Please stop being so childish, grow up, keep to the subject of the discussion and stop throwing in your "juicy pieces" about something completely irrelevant...

Before you criticise others, look at your own country, and if you do not like what's happening in Russia, well, you can always get on the next plane out, in fact, I  think that nobody will stop you.

Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Online Wiz

« Reply #127 on: March 20, 2016, 07:39:03 AM »

Fibber - post 105 was your WORD FOR WORD copying and pasting of Manny's spin on RI -

On my post 109, that you refer, I was more specific to the TUI operations...... but then you have missed all that or choosed to ignore and you comeback, like a broken record, with silly comments.

the 'silly comments' was your introduction -  then repetition-  of a total red herring - TUI's propping up a sick RU/UA OUTWARD travel market ... bugger all to do with INBOUND .. the subject of this thread..

They are entitled to their opinion, of course.. but based on the quality of their - and your - 'attempts' at ripostes - my feelings aren't likely to be dented  :chuckle: .

I missed such an acknowledgement.. I've done some daft things - including indulging you...but I'm the kind sort that pities and still hopes to educate through patience and kindness   :coffeeread:

Well people like you, with the same mentality have contributed to the continuous troubles in N. Ireland and it’s impossible to have complete peaceful agreement. Talking to you it’s like talking to a brick wall.

1.   Apart from the first 2 lines, which I was permitted by Manny to use, the rest of the post it’s my own words. Anybody can compare and check the 2 posts. If you had the ability to understand both articles, you would notice we approach the same subject from slightly different angles. But then you are wearing blinkers and can’t see beyond your nose.

2.   I am not going to educate you on how to run a tour operation. I gave you a general picture and you failed to understand because you try to prove that you are, “an expert in everything and master of none”, as they say. Enough of your PhD BS.

3.   Finally I have no need of your pity or your indulgence, keep it for your self. Most of us here, we have common sense and discuss various subjects without trying to prove that we are more clever than the others. As it happens with our common sense we have achieved most of our goals in life and you are the odd one out! What is very disturbing is that you never learn from your mistakes and always you will be the “Odd one out”! That is not something to be proud of!  :evilgrin0002:

Online msmoby

« Reply #128 on: March 21, 2016, 12:43:30 AM »
Wiz, thank you for dilligently reading my responses and writing in response ....shame it was not related to your howlers or red herring..

Online Wiz

« Reply #129 on: March 22, 2016, 12:07:22 AM »
Wiz, thank you for dilligently reading my responses and writing in response ....shame it was not related to your howlers or red herring..

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #130 on: March 23, 2016, 05:30:00 AM »

I know people from all walks of life even down in the West Country who would love to visit Russia , but are wrongly worried about the visa regulations along with the Western propaganda , KGB, arresting without reason, police harassing tourists all the usual lies.
My family all of them have visited many times , my parents are in their 70's my sister, husband , their kids have also been over many times. Yet before I lived here none would of dreamed of visiting! Why? because of all the usual propaganda about the country  ;D
All of them are completely surprised with how Russia is for real as would many others. Russia is full of culture , the best museums in the world , architecture and much more!

Plenty of reason to visit for anyone :thumbsup:

Steveboy,

I don't disagree with the reasons TO visit..You just won't see that the reasons people give not to visit are helped by recent Russian 'away games' in Ukraine, etc.

you call this 'western propaganda'   :coffeeread:

Your the most annoying person in the world.. Why don't you get out of Russia and find some simple commune to live on , preferably with no internet connection.. Go grow some organic veg or something  :chuckle:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online msmoby

« Reply #131 on: March 23, 2016, 07:04:06 AM »

Why don't you get out of Russia and find
 some simple commune to live on , preferably with no internet connection.. Go grow some organic veg or something  :chuckle:

I haven't been in Russia for nearly 3 months...more observant posters might have picked that up..

I miss Sochi and hope to put that right, soon... Are you coming to the F1 GP ?))

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #132 on: March 23, 2016, 10:38:17 AM »

Why don't you get out of Russia and find
 some simple commune to live on , preferably with no internet connection.. Go grow some organic veg or something  :chuckle:

I haven't been in Russia for nearly 3 months...more observant posters might have picked that up..

I miss Sochi and hope to put that right, soon... Are you coming to the F1 GP ?))

No I won't be there, but I wouldn't mind! Were travelling a lot during May/June/July so no free time  :(

Online msmoby

« Reply #133 on: March 23, 2016, 03:11:42 PM »

No I won't be there, but I wouldn't mind! Were travelling a lot during May/June/July so no free time  :(

I'll be thinking of you..

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #134 on: March 31, 2016, 04:24:31 AM »

I'll be thinking of you..

Thanks! Im trying to build my fan base up slowly  :thumbsup: