The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: President Trump  (Read 181875 times)

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
  • Spouses Country: Narnia
Re: President Trump
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2015, 09:07:48 AM »
Trump may very well have ended any chance he had.
you're not allowed to express your right to free speech, in the U.S. anymore.

Hispanic leaders urge NBC to cut ties to Donald Trump

http://money.cnn.com/2015/06/27/media/donald-trump-nbc-univision/

Tom, it's a hate speech...  :( He is right that generally it's not country's best that emigrate (albeit there have been precedences), he is right that many of those people have problems, but you can't label them all like that  :duh: That's what i meant, he's too blunt.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
Douglas Adams

Offline Maxx

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2015, 10:19:13 AM »

Tom, it's a hate speech...  :( He is right that generally it's not country's best that emigrate (albeit there have been precedences), he is right that many of those people have problems, but you can't label them all like that  :duh: That's what i meant, he's too blunt.

Did he say "all"? Or is he pointing out there is a huge problem of violent crime attached to many of these people?  They broke the law when they entered the US. Not a good way to start.

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2015, 10:38:34 AM »

Did he say "all"? Or is he pointing out there is a huge problem of violent crime attached to many of these people?  They broke the law when they entered the US. Not a good way to start.

I agree. And had he put it to words the way you do, it would be fine, but this is what he said: “[Mexico is] sending people that have lots of problems, and they are bringing those problems to us. They are bringing drugs, and bringing crime, and their rapists.” I mean, I don't pay taxes in the USA, i don't vote there, and it's basically your internal thing (AND you obviously know your own situation the best), but what i do know is that you can't make a political discourse in this way, without being viewed as an extremist and downright racist  :biggrin:
Douglas Adams

Online Tom Cat

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2015, 10:53:37 AM »

I agree. And had he put it to words the way you do, it would be fine, but this is what he said: “[Mexico is] sending people that have lots of problems, and they are bringing those problems to us. They are bringing drugs, and bringing crime, and their rapists.” I mean, I don't pay taxes in the USA, i don't vote there, and it's basically your internal thing (AND you obviously know your own situation the best), but what i do know is that you can't make a political discourse in this way, without being viewed as an extremist and downright racist  :biggrin:

The United states has become too politically correct.
Dose not matter how you word it, all will be deemed racist.
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2015, 11:13:27 AM »

Tom, politics everywhere is quite hypocritical and it takes a lot of smugness/ sleekness. Mind you, based on accounts on my friends who live there (as i tend to trust those most, way more than the media), i know he has a point and i've even heard such opinions, that unless you guys do something asap, your social care system could become non-existent in 10y (i don't know how true is that & hope it is not, but) big games have their own rules, D.Trump knows them and for some reason chooses not to play by them... Why, i don't know, but it's not the way to go, unless his' candidacy indeed was merely a publicity stunt  :duh:
Douglas Adams

Offline Anteros

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2015, 11:26:16 AM »

Tom, politics everywhere is quite hypocritical and it takes a lot of smugness/ sleekness. Mind you, based on accounts on my friends who live there (as i tend to trust those most, way more than the media), i know he has a point and i've even heard such opinions, that unless you guys do something asap, your social care system could become non-existent in 10y (i don't know how true is that & hope it is not, but) big games have their own rules, D.Trump knows them and for some reason chooses not to play by them... Why, i don't know, but it's not the way to go, unless his' candidacy indeed was merely a publicity stunt  :duh:

Trump knows that a certain percentage of Americans are exhausted by "politically correct" speech and want somebody to be blunt.  He also knows that what he is saying has a large degree of truth to it.  Plus the fact that by being bold, he keeps his name brand in the spotlight.  Remember the old saying "fortune favors the bold"?  I'm quite certain you know who first said that.   :)
Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2015, 11:38:14 AM »

Trump knows that a certain percentage of Americans are exhausted by "politically correct" speech and want somebody to be blunt.  He also knows that what he is saying has a large degree of truth to it.  Plus the fact that by being bold, he keeps his name brand in the spotlight. Remember the old saying "fortune favors the bold"? I'm quite certain you know who first said that.   :)

Truth to be told, i didn't know (who first said that), but Google cometh to my rescue  :hidechair:
Douglas Adams

Offline Anteros

« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2015, 11:41:30 AM »

Trump knows that a certain percentage of Americans are exhausted by "politically correct" speech and want somebody to be blunt.  He also knows that what he is saying has a large degree of truth to it.  Plus the fact that by being bold, he keeps his name brand in the spotlight. Remember the old saying "fortune favors the bold"? I'm quite certain you know who first said that.   :)

Truth to be told, i didn't know (who first said that), but Google cometh to my rescue  :hidechair:

http://www.history.com/topics/ancient-history/alexander-the-great

Online Tom Cat

« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2015, 12:00:50 PM »

Trump knows that a certain percentage of Americans are exhausted by "politically correct" speech and want somebody to be blunt.  He also knows that what he is saying has a large degree of truth to it.  Plus the fact that by being bold, he keeps his name brand in the spotlight.  Remember the old saying "fortune favors the bold"?  I'm quite certain you know who first said that.   :)

Anteros, you have a good point, Jesse Ventura was very out spoken and few thought he stood a chance to become governor. He won the election here in Minnesota, and was never a dull moment while he was in office.
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline Maxx

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2015, 12:17:32 PM »

Anteros, you have a good point, Jesse Ventura was very out spoken and few thought he stood a chance to become governor. He won the election here in Minnesota, and was never a dull moment while he was in office.

I remember that day. I was listening to the radio so closely I forgot to monitor my gauges and ran out of gas a mile from Rogers, Minnesota.

Many Americans are yearning for someone to say the things that others are afraid to do. 

Trump has a HUGE ego and IMO that is his greatest asset. He will want to go down in the history books as the president who turned things around. Of course the entire establishment will try to stop him. They want another Demopublican or Republicrat to keep the special interests and themselves well funded and happy.

Online shakespear

• Supporting Member
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2015, 12:36:27 PM »

Oh Gawd let's not use Minnesota as an example of political normalcy for the United States. 

This is the same state that elected inexperienced comedian Al Franken to the US Senate. 

Ventura was a one-term Governor and a horrible one at that.  He won with less than 37% of the vote in an 8 candidate ballot.  His most famous quote while in office was that he would "never stand for a national anthem again”  There were TWO recall motions filed against him during his single term in office.

Let's not confuse him with a legitimate politician however it would be a realistic comparison to link him as an ass-clown wanna be politician with Donald Trump.   
"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun" - Katharine Hepburn

Offline Anteros

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2015, 01:06:38 PM »
Let's not confuse him with a legitimate politician however it would be a realistic comparison to link him as an ass-clown wanna be politician with Donald Trump.

I'm wondering if you would say that to Trump's face?   :popcorn:

Anyhow he has been doing well, at least in the FOX news poll.

Online shakespear

• Supporting Member
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2015, 01:27:53 PM »
I'm wondering if you would say that to Trump's face?   

Why not?  What's he gonna do.  Hit me? 

That's because there are always a percentage of idiots uneducated voters (like you)who ignore political reality.

It's what Hillary Clinton is counting on in 2016.     
"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun" - Katharine Hepburn

Offline Anteros

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2015, 01:47:43 PM »
I'm wondering if you would say that to Trump's face?   

Why not?  What's he gonna do.  Hit me? 

That's because there are always a percentage of idiots uneducated voters (like you)who ignore political reality.

It's what Hillary Clinton is counting on in 2016.   

Uh, no.  I don't expect Trump to be the nominee, so you're barking up the wrong tree.

Online Tom Cat

« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2015, 02:25:26 PM »
Regardless of whether or not Trump will get the nomination, it will make for an entertaining presidential run for the republicans.

Donald Trump bump terrifies GOP

Insiders worry the mogul will damage the eventual nominee and hurt a party struggling to connect with women and minorities.Read more: 

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/06/trump-bump-terrifies-gop-119449.html