The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: President Trump  (Read 509954 times)

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
President Trump
« on: June 16, 2015, 05:12:38 PM »
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Maxx

• Trips: 5-10
Re: President Trump
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 05:34:39 PM »
He has a shot at making it. People are so sick of politicians  that they might vote for a businessman. Especially someone who doesn't need to be bought. I can see the Don financing his campaign with a billlion ot two of his 9 billion dollars. He loves getting attention and shooting his mouth off. This sure gives him a chance to get to do both. Besides I have the impression he loves his county and would like to clean out the stables he has been contending with his entire life.

Offline Anteros

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 06:53:23 PM »
I would love it if he won the nomination, and I for one would definitely vote for him.  That said I don't think he is serious.  If he is, I am not sure if he will garner enough support.  My personal favorite is Marco Rubio, followed by Ted Cruz.  If either of those get the nomination, I will be very happy as well.

For sure he is going to do his best to embarrass Hillary Clinton, as not being competent in any way, shape or form.
Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Offline Manny

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 02:33:20 AM »
But while Trump had plenty of negative things to say about the Americans he is running against, he was surprisingly genial on the topic of Russia President Vladimir Putin.

“Putin has no respect for our president whatsoever. He’s got a tremendous popularity in Russia, they love what he’s doing, they love what he represents,” Trump said. “I was over in Moscow two years ago and I will tell you – you can get along with those people and get along with them well. You can make deals with those people. Obama can’t.”

“I would be willing to bet I would have a great relationship with Putin,” he added. “It’s about leadership.”

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/trump-slams-jeb-praises-putin-in-extensive-interview-with-bill-oreilly/
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 03:00:24 AM »
Whatever the strengths or weaknesses the guy may have he'll get nowhere without the party machinery. Without the local supporters and activists he'll not motivate the couch potatoes who are the majority of any vote cohort. Where's he going to get the ability to cut the deals, face to face, with incumbent powerbrokers and king makers.

The only way he could do anything is if he were to be able to co-opt the team of some other candidate, a strong candidate, who perhaps died while on the campaign trail but after garnering a good deal of grassroots support.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Texan77

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 04:39:49 AM »
Nearly everyone in the US knows "The Donald" yet he has to pay supporters.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-paid-actors-to-cheer-his-2016-launch-report/ar-AAbJCIZ?ocid=U146DHP
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Anteros

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2015, 06:12:33 AM »
But while Trump had plenty of negative things to say about the Americans he is running against, he was surprisingly genial on the topic of Russia President Vladimir Putin.

“Putin has no respect for our president whatsoever. He’s got a tremendous popularity in Russia, they love what he’s doing, they love what he represents,” Trump said. “I was over in Moscow two years ago and I will tell you – you can get along with those people and get along with them well. You can make deals with those people. Obama can’t.”

“I would be willing to bet I would have a great relationship with Putin,” he added. “It’s about leadership.”

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/trump-slams-jeb-praises-putin-in-extensive-interview-with-bill-oreilly/

I've already stated that a Republican President who puts action above pithy words would get along much better with Mr. Putin or any elected Russian officials for that matter. 

Obama the Fool cannot even make deals with his own party.  He is lazy, arrogant and incapable of real negotiations.

Furthermore most Republicans will be on the same page with Russians about the need to protect Religious Liberty for Christians and the need to protect children from the relentless gay propaganda emanating from the left.

Trump is very knowledgeable about military matters as well and would be no pushover on such.  No doubt he is good at flattering his adversaries prior to making deals which the likes of Obama could only dream about.

article
Trump attended the Kew-Forest School in Forest Hills, Queens, as did some of his siblings. At age 13 after he had some difficulties there, his parents sent him to the New York Military Academy (NYMA), hoping to direct his energy and assertiveness in a positive manner.[24] At NYMA, in rural New York, Trump earned academic honors, and played varsity football in 1962, varsity soccer in 1963, and varsity baseball from 1962 to 1964 (baseball captain 1964).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump

Offline Anteros

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2015, 06:46:43 AM »
Nearly everyone in the US knows "The Donald" yet he has to pay supporters.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-paid-actors-to-cheer-his-2016-launch-report/ar-AAbJCIZ?ocid=U146DHP

Highly unlikely, I suggest you read your own link.

"Extra Mile Casting also dismissed claims it was involved in the campaign launch, The Hollywood Reporter said.

“We don’t know anything about that,” the talent agency said."

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2015, 11:53:07 AM »
One way or another most vociferous supporters of any US politician are rewarded for their voices.

It is worth remembering that Mr Trump is not quite the self made  business genius that he portrays himself as being - not that he's done badly for himself mind you. ;)
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Boris

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2015, 12:10:56 PM »
No chance...

Offline Anteros

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2015, 12:29:51 PM »
No chance...

If you are saying he has no chance to win the nomination I agree.  However he does have a chance to shape the conversation which I believe is to the benefit of all Americans.  And obviously it will help his ratings for his TV show.

Offline MBS01

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2015, 01:15:04 PM »
Trump just like Merkel can speak with Putin in their native language, one billionaire to another!  Seems no one has yet mentioned the Donald's family background is from the good old FSU!!  Go figure!!  So as in Julie's day in Rome over 2,000 years ago we could have a group of 3 world leaders in power once again.  This time two of FSU background and 1 from China.  As in Rome it would be interesting which of the 3 would be the last leader standing!  Enjoy.

Offline Anteros

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2015, 01:18:41 PM »
Trump just like Merkel can speak with Putin in their native language, one billionaire to another!  Seems no one has yet mentioned the Donald's family background is from the good old FSU!!  Go figure!!  So as in Julie's day in Rome over 2,000 years ago we could have once again a group of world leaders.  This time that FSU background and 1 from China.  As in Rome it would be interesting which of the 3 would be the last leader standing!  Enjoy.

Trumps paternal grandfather was German from Bavaria (Drumpf) so not sure what makes you think his family background is from the FSU.  His mother was Scottish, born on the Isle of Lewis a Scottish island.

His current wife is from Slovenia so maybe you thought of that.  Just think, the Don could do a TR here if he wanted to.   :laugh:

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2015, 01:27:50 PM »
No chance...

No shit.

The guy is an ass clown. 

He doesn't really want to be President. 

He's just doing this to feed his gigantic ego.

He hasn't formed state committees or taken the first step to be on the primary ballot in any state.  He's missed ballot deadlines for 2 of the first 5 states to have primaries so it is impossible for him to be on the ballot there. 

His message resonates with frustrated conservative simpletons and idiots who have no idea how government actually works.  All of the things he promised to accomplish as President; that office has absolutely zero power or constitutional authority to institute.

Make Mexico pay for "the wall" with stiff import tariffs?  Bwhahahahahaha.  Everyone go research the Smoot-Hawley Tariff Act of 1930 and see what the results of implementing strong tariffs on foreign imports have on an already struggling economy.

Last poll results that I read show that 60% of Republicans would NEVER actually vote for Trump as President. 

To include him in the upcoming August debate would be a travesty because it would exclude an actually valid candidate from the process for the sake of allowing him to stroke his humongous ego.       

"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun" - Katharine Hepburn

Offline Anteros

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2015, 01:34:57 PM »
No chance...

No shit.

The guy is an ass clown. 

He doesn't really want to be President. 

He's just doing this to feed his gigantic ego.

He hasn't formed state committees or taken the first step to be on the primary ballot in any state.  He's missed deadlines for 2 of the first 5 states to have primaries so it is impossible for him to be on the ballot there. 

His message resonates with frustrated conservative simpletons and idiots who have no idea how government actually works.  All of the things he promised to accomplish as President; that office has absolutely zero power or constitutional authority to institute.

And Obama has zero Constitutional authority for most of his executive orders, yet with the stroke of his pen hundreds of thousands of additional immigrants and child immigrants who made it to the USA will likely stay.

To claim that Trump could not accomplish things which would be hugely popular with a large segment of the population whilst Obama does illegal things which enrage people is just ludicrous. 

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2015, 03:13:42 PM »
And Obama has zero Constitutional authority for most of his executive orders, yet with the stroke of his pen hundreds of thousands of additional immigrants and child immigrants who made it to the USA will likely stay. 

Haven't you been keeping up?  5th Federal Circuit Court of Appeals in Texas has quashed this particular Obama Executive Order.  It won't be until Obama is out of office before the case comes to the 9 wise men(women) in Washington DC.

To claim that Trump could not accomplish things which would be hugely popular with a large segment of the population whilst Obama does illegal things which enrage people is just ludicrous.   

Show some common sense Anteros.  Trump wouldn't get 20% of the vote in a national election.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2015, 05:34:02 PM »
Show some common sense Anteros.  Trump wouldn't get 20% of the vote in a national election.

Please tell me that there is not 20% of the population that will vote for him.  :(

Can some one sing cry for me America - ala Madonna.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Anteros

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2015, 06:44:52 PM »
Haven't you been keeping up?  5th Federal Circuit Court of Appeals in Texas has quashed this particular Obama Executive Order.  It won't be until Obama is out of office before the case comes to the 9 wise men(women) in Washington DC.

The clear message sent by the Obama administration is why they crossed our border illegally in the first place.

The message from Trump would be they are not welcome, should not come, and if they do will be immediately turned back.

Obama has made a mockery of our Constitution and of the concept of working with our Congress to get deals done.  Trump is an experienced negotiator who gets things done.

Chances are he will not make it very far in this election but at least he will help to shape the conversation in the right direction.

You apparently don't like him because of his large ego.  Unlike Obama his ego is matched by accomplishments in business.

Offline Anteros

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2015, 09:52:05 PM »

Please tell me that there is not 20% of the population that will vote for him.  :(

Can some one sing cry for me America - ala Madonna.

HAHA!

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2015, 11:57:47 AM »

Chances are he will not make it very far in this election but at least he will help to shape the conversation in the right direction.

Gawd I hope not.  Any input he might have makes all the Republican candidates look like idiots to the independents that will decide the election. 

Offline Boris

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2015, 12:00:52 PM »

Gawd I hope not.  Any input he might have makes all the Republican candidates look like idiots to the independents that will decide the election.

I miss Ike...

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2015, 03:54:57 PM »
The Donald will most likely not be a serious candidate.  As of now he has not began the paper work involved, and is doubtful this is anything more than a publicity stunt.
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline Manny

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2015, 05:20:19 PM »
As of now he has not began the paper work involved

Your media disagree: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-files-statement-of-candidacy/

I always thought him quite a likeable bloke. What I have read and seen up to now he is talking sense, and probably what America needs. That said, will he get enough votes? Doubtful. He is the US's answer to Farage.

Offline Anteros

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2015, 08:15:56 PM »
As of now he has not began the paper work involved

Your media disagree: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-files-statement-of-candidacy/

I always thought him quite a likeable bloke. What I have read and seen up to now he is talking sense, and probably what America needs. That said, will he get enough votes? Doubtful. He is the US's answer to Farage.

Donald Trump has taken a stance against the Mexican propaganda broadcaster Univision and it has only increased his popularity.  Naturally some say that Trump is the wrong guy because he reinforces bad stereotypes about Republicans.

article
First off, plenty of Mexican illegals have been accused and found guilty of rape. Because it runs counter to a narrative designed to pack the Southwest with Democrats, the same media that manufactures a rape crisis in our university system, buries actual rapes committed by these Democrats-In-Waiting.

What Donald Trump said about illegal aliens and rape and crime was not untrue, far from it. Trump’s sin was saying What Must Not Be Said; and saying it fearlessly.

Naturally, then, Trump must be destroyed by the mainstream media. Unfortunately for them, the media made just one mistake: they forgot that Donald Trump isn’t the usual-usual Republican who rolls over like a whipped puppy every time the media piles on.

Univision was intended to be the tip of the spear in this attack, and now it is Univision on defense. Moreover, it is Univision that is losing.

Univision was sure that if it publicly and loudly dropped Trump’s Miss Universe organization, including the beauty pageant, that the boldness of such an act of public shaming would put Trump on defense, and possibly implode his campaign. This was Jorge Ramos and Univision going straight for the kill-shot.

Except…

Donald Trump didn’t build an empire and forever alter the skylines of major cities throughout the world by rolling over every time an anti-American leftist like Jorge Ramos takes a shot at him.

We are now witnessing Trump doing what he should be doing (what he did so effectively to Neil Young) — what no Republican ever does: Trump’s not only fighting back, he’s fighting back smart, and doing so in a way that is exposing Univision as the left-wing propaganda machine it is.

First Trump banned Univision and its employees from his properties; he then loudly and publicly accused Univision of being in bed with the corrupt Mexican government; he is now threatening to file a defamation suit against Univision president Alberto Ciurana for comparing the real estate billionaire to a terrorist who murdered nine people in cold blood last week.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/06/27/dear-gop-trumps-fearless-war-with-univision-only-increases-his-appeal/

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
  • Spouses Country: Narnia
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2015, 09:34:46 PM »
Trump is an experienced negotiator who gets things done.

This. I used to be against businessman turning politicians, because most i had met were in foreign politics and came across as lame in comparison with diplomats in career (and as much as it saddens me, AND nevertheless it's something i count on in the perspective, the same goes for artists/actors, doctors and writers, they usually don't have a clue). Lo and behold, i had the honor of meeting via work the president of Bulgaria and i've totally changed my mind, he does great work and serves his country in the best and most honorable ways; some countries are indeed better run as businesses and if the guy/ 'gal knows what they are doing - they can only benefit their respective countries. Btw, out Prime is quite business oriented too and i think that among else that's what saved us from drawing into Balkan nationalism and madness.
As a side note, because of some aspects of his public image, i have a bit of an issue to take Mr Trump seriously, but those things are not that difficult to change with a good PR team.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
Douglas Adams