The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: President Trump  (Read 220782 times)

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
Re: President Trump
« Reply #11100 on: January 04, 2019, 06:09:39 PM »
President Donald Trump told Democrats he would keep the government closed for months or even years unless he gets funding for his Border Wall.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/donald-trump-vows-keep-government-201019086.html

Yes, keep it closed for several years, please.  Keep the US Treasury shut down, so nobody needs to do business with the US Government.  That will finally help to shrink the Federal workforce drastically.  Let the anarchists in the National Parks rein free.   :chuckle:
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #11101 on: January 04, 2019, 09:24:12 PM »
President Donald Trump told Democrats he would keep the government closed for months or even years unless he gets funding for his Border Wall.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/donald-trump-vows-keep-government-201019086.html

Yes, keep it closed for several years, please.  Keep the US Treasury shut down, so nobody needs to do business with the US Government.  That will finally help to shrink the Federal workforce drastically.  Let the anarchists in the National Parks rein free.   :chuckle:

If they are still collecting your taxes then they ain't shut down.

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Online msmoby

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #11102 on: January 05, 2019, 02:26:24 AM »

They tried that, she lost. The Dem's are going to nominate somebody too far left
to get elected in the USA. They do that periodically and it takes a huge loss for
them to figure it out.

Let me insert the words - NOW ... Right now, the Dems could stick a blue rosette on a Donkey's arse and it would win .. I refer to 'Reampu' having 'support' within the GOP ..he's a liability

As I recall, Sanders was / is considerably more left than Clinton .. Please be more accurate ;)

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #11103 on: January 05, 2019, 08:57:43 AM »
Right now, the Dems could stick a blue rosette on a Donkey's arse and it would win ..

Thats what they said last time:

I would vote for a horses ass before I will vote for mrs. Clinton.

Reply: A horses ass is all we have unfortunately.

right now, I don't see Trump loosing, despite the constant "trump bad" campaign by the media.
You can change anything in life, but a BMW only for a BMW
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
President Trump
« Reply #11104 on: January 05, 2019, 09:11:38 AM »
Let me insert the words - NOW ... Right now, the Dems could stick a blue rosette on a Donkey's arse and it would win .. I refer to 'Reampu' having 'support' within the GOP ..he's a liability

As I recall, Sanders was / is considerably more left than Clinton .. Please be more accurate ;)

Frequently you misunderstand what I am talking about, I will try to be clear.

In past elections the Democrats nominate guys in the relative middle like Bill Clinton
for example and win, then periodically1 they nominate somebody too far
to the left and they lose McGovern, Mondale and Dukakis would be examples.

Many Democrats think that part of the reason that Hillary lost was that she wasn't
liberal enough and many of the Democrats are racing wildly to the left. In my opinion
they are going to nominate somebody too far to the left to

My comment is very accurate. Note, I didn't say that the Democrats ALWAYs nominate
somebody too far to the left, I said periodically. If I had said always then your Sanders
argument would have merit.

1. From the Oxford Dictionary
periodically
ADVERB
1. From time to time; occasionally.

‘I will periodically check on your progress’
‘the students received help from a friend only periodically’

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/periodically

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #11105 on: January 05, 2019, 01:41:25 PM »
Bill, I think that you have wasted a lot of words here. moby is a grammar school lad. He understands English pretty well. He is purposefully choosing to 'misunderstand' in order to create dissent and to waste the time of other people to mitigate his boredom.

In short, moby understood perfectly what you wrote but chose to steal your time by provoking you.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline 2tallbill

« Reply #11106 on: January 05, 2019, 03:10:52 PM »
In short, moby understood perfectly what you wrote but chose to steal your time by provoking you.

You have a point.
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up

Offline dcguyusa

« Reply #11107 on: January 07, 2019, 06:15:46 PM »

B/B

Some 12.5 percent of IRS employees have been working through the shutdown because they are classified as serving "in the protection of life and property." These are personnel who keep computer systems running, protect federal property, conduct criminal investigations and take care of other essential tasks.

"Relevant authority has established that tax revenues constitute Government property which the Service must safeguard during a lapse in appropriations," according to the IRS.

This means that adding to the activities above, the agency will continue collecting taxes throughout the shutdown.

With collecting over $13.4 trillion in fiscal year 2017, you cannot stop the revenue stream.   :money:

Offline Manny

« Reply #11108 on: January 09, 2019, 05:26:32 PM »
Our leftist ITV news tonight had an anti Trump fest (with Pelosi and lots of hand wringing 'Democrats') explaining why museums were closed and how it's all nasty Mr Trump's fault because he walked out of a meeting [that was going to be unproductive]. And then they showed queues of Mexicans who are [ahem] surely all doctors, scientists and not rapists, criminals or would be pool cleaners in FL. And how the wall is a bad idea, etc...........

At one point I had to pause it and explain to wifey the short version normal people understand and why what we were watching was fake news.

What she struggled with is why so many voted for him [and he won] on the basis he will build a wall, and now he can't get funding to build said wall, so the machine is going against the people's wishes. Rather like Moby and his mates trying to thwart Brexit.

Fuzzy thinking leftists, pinkos and commies seem to be the common denominator.
please tell me where I'm being / have been 'dishonest'? 
Yes, he said that.........

Online d672

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #11109 on: January 09, 2019, 05:30:27 PM »
 Funny, we had the same thing here last night. Thought I was watching CNN instead of our own CTV.

Offline dcguyusa

« Reply #11110 on: January 09, 2019, 06:36:18 PM »
What she struggled with is why so many voted for him [and he won] on the basis he will build a wall, and now he can't get funding to build said wall, so the machine is going against the people's wishes.

What makes you think that Presidents can keep their campaign promises?

Slogan - Read my lips, no new taxes.
Result -  New taxes

Slogan  -  A chicken for every pot.
Result -  Soup kitchen lines

It's always the SOS  (same old   :censored:)   (:)

Offline dcguyusa

« Reply #11111 on: January 09, 2019, 06:44:25 PM »

B/B

Some 12.5 percent of IRS employees have been working through the shutdown because they are classified as serving "in the protection of life and property." These are personnel who keep computer systems running, protect federal property, conduct criminal investigations and take care of other essential tasks.

"Relevant authority has established that tax revenues constitute Government property which the Service must safeguard during a lapse in appropriations," according to the IRS.

This means that adding to the activities above, the agency will continue collecting taxes throughout the shutdown.

With collecting over $13.4 trillion in fiscal year 2017, you cannot stop the revenue stream.   :money:

The decision to recall furloughed workers to process—without being paid—early tax returns and to send out refund checks is being questioned for both its legality and practicality.

John Mahoney, a Washington, D.C.-based federal employment law attorney, told Government Executive he is very concerned that the IRS will violate the Anti-Deficiency Act if it calls in furloughed staff to process tax refunds.  Under the ADA, only essential federal government employees are allowed to work without congressional appropriations in place to pay those employees, he said. “The ADA prohibits the government from being involved in any contract for the future payment of money in excess of currently available congressional appropriations.” In another section of Code Title 31, Section 1342, the law “also prohibits the government from securing voluntary services", Mahoney said.

The critical question is how long do you keep working for nothing and remain on the job?  800,000 employees and other workers who depend on those 800,000 employees spending their income will have to make that decision eventually if this continues indefinitely.   :-\

Offline 2tallbill

President Trump powers if he declares a national emergency
« Reply #11112 on: January 09, 2019, 08:54:46 PM »
I'm obviously not a constitutional lawyer, but if Trump declares a state of emergency
on the US border the following statutes look to my untrained reading that he could
build a wall on the US border.

Note: All these statutes require a presidential declaration of a national emergency.

33 U.S.C. § 2293

Secretary of the Army may terminate or defer any Army civil works project and apply the resources, including funds, personnel, and equipment, of the Army’s civil works program to authorized civil works, military construction, and civil defense projects that are essential to the national defense, without regard to any other provision of law (1986)

50 U.S.C. §§ 1431-1435

President may authorize any agency that exercises functions in connection with
the national defense to enter into, amend, or make advance payments on contracts
up to certain specified amounts and subject to certain restrictions, without regard to
other provisions of law relating to contract formation, amendment, or performance, if
the President deems it to be in the interest of national defense (1958)

10 U.S.C. § 2350j (e)(3)(A)

Secretary of Defense, or secretary of a military department authorized by Secretary
of Defense, may carry out military construction project using funds contributed from
NATO and other countries without a full report to Congress and waiting period (1999)

10 U.S.C. § 2662 (f)

Secretary of military department concerned, or Secretary of Defense with respect to
Department of Defense transactions, may waive advance reporting requirements for
real property transactions (1992)

10 U.S.C. § 2808 (a)

Secretary of Defense, without regard to any other provision of law, may undertake
military construction projects, and may authorize Secretaries of the military departments
to undertake military construction projects, that are necessary to support such use of the
armed forces (1982)

Source: https://www.brennancenter.org/analysis/emergency-powers

Online Tom Cat

« Reply #11113 on: January 10, 2019, 02:31:52 PM »
This is going to be a very interesting year. 

Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline 2tallbill

President Trump
« Reply #11114 on: January 18, 2019, 12:09:58 PM »
Having the partial shutdown hurts Democrats far worse than Republicans.
Those departments have stopped spending money on liberal projects. The
EPA is closed and wages are a small part of their budget.

Imagine if next year the EPA had 20-40% less to spend. The longer they are
closed the less they spend and if they don't spend 30% of their budget then
the next year the budget is automatically reduced by 30%.

What if the partial government shutdown went on for 6 months? Does Everybody
know that the Treasury department had MORE money in revenues than last year
BEFORE the tax cut?

Trump could balance the Federal Budget and the Democrats heads would explode.
They lie about everything but how do they explain that the GOP formula of lower
taxes and regulations along with less government spending and control balances
the Federal Budget??!!?

The Democrats will cave.

Registration