The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Political Cartoons  (Read 114640 times)

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Political Cartoons
« Reply #475 on: July 31, 2017, 02:25:09 AM »
2 ?, Funny stuff, thank you!  tiphat

A while back I posted an article about the French wanting a royalty for the use of French words by the rest of Europe. For a short while on RUA there were some comments regarding the bloody frogs, it lasted until one moderator noted that the article was posted on April 1st.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #476 on: July 31, 2017, 07:43:38 AM »

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #477 on: July 31, 2017, 09:02:06 AM »

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #478 on: July 31, 2017, 09:04:32 AM »

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #479 on: July 31, 2017, 09:08:22 AM »

Offline ?ManyQuestions?

« Reply #480 on: July 31, 2017, 07:00:07 PM »
Hooters offers 10,000 jobs to Muslim refugee women by Evil Smiley

http://thepeoplescube.com/peoples-blog/hooters-offers-10-000-jobs-to-muslim-refugee-women-t19265.html

Evil Smiley

Hooters announced today that they are preparing to hire 10,000 Muslim refugee women in a show of support to the immigrant community and in a display of solidarity with other American companies that have offered similar support.

Hooters joins the list of companies such as Starbucks, which has also offered to hire 10,000 refugees instead of veterans or unemployed Americans, as well as AirBNB, which has offered to house these immigrants.

General Confusion

Burka's will be a big hit, hooter's may require a name change, may I suggest Mecca West?

Olga Photoshopova

Is the meat Halal?

Red Square

Komrade Winston Churchillski
"I assume Benny Hill was banned in the Soviet Union?"

He wasn't banned, they just didn't show him on the only three existing government channels, so we didn't know he even existed. That was until the 1990s, when commercial TV started showing everything. Benny Hill became quite popular; at least my kids loved him.

The only British show ever shown on Soviet TV was BBC's 1967 "The Forsyte Saga" (I guess it reinforced the unattractiveness of bourgeois morals). There has never been a single American TV show on our TV. In the late 1980s, however, they also started showing endless Mexican melodramas that span over several hundred episodes, and that became a huge sensation because the Soviets never saw soap operas before and were mesmerized.

When the USSR fell apart in the 1990s, things went out of control and commercial TV began to show everything worth showing and even not worth showing, including erotic movies during day time when children could be watching. All sort of cheap low-budget garbage out of Hollywood that no normal person would waste time watching was sucked into the former USSR like with a gigantic vacuum cleaner, and spewed out of our TV screens.

I think it's a little more regulated now, but until now there seems to be no distinction among the audiences between A-grade, B-grade, and C-grade movies. In part it's because you can't tell how good or bad the acting is if it's in a foreign language, when De Niro, Schwarzenegger, John Cleese, or Morgan Freeman speak all in the same voice. So American culture is judged by some of the trashy movies no one here has ever heard of.

My sister, who lives in Siberia, told me she liked the Simpsons and that it was much better than the shows coming from America. I told her the Simpsons was an American show. She was surprised because she said it was distinctly different from the dumb and crass American comedies she saw on TV. What comedies? She named a few and I never heard of them. Must be some low-budget independent productions.

In summary, I wouldn't trust a foreigner's opinion of the American culture because it can be based on bizarre and outlandish ideas, skewed by trashy low-budget movies that no one in America has ever heard of, but in that country they are considered mainstream.

I guess that may partially explain the fear and hatred of the West by Middle-Eastern Muslims who have watched too many trashy, completely unbelievable movies packed with gore, cheap erotica, and toilet humor.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #481 on: August 01, 2017, 01:12:23 PM »

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #482 on: August 01, 2017, 01:14:25 PM »

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #483 on: August 01, 2017, 01:15:34 PM »

Online AvHdB

« Reply #484 on: August 01, 2017, 02:19:42 PM »

When the USSR fell apart in the 1990s, things went out of control and commercial TV began to show everything worth showing and even not worth showing, including erotic movies during day time when children could be watching. All sort of cheap low-budget garbage out of Hollywood that no normal person would waste time watching was sucked into the former USSR like with a gigantic vacuum cleaner, and spewed out of our TV screens.

I think it's a little more regulated now, but until now there seems to be no distinction among the audiences between A-grade, B-grade, and C-grade movies. In part it's because you can't tell how good or bad the acting is if it's in a foreign language, when De Niro, Schwarzenegger, John Cleese, or Morgan Freeman speak all in the same voice. So American culture is judged by some of the trashy movies no one here has ever heard of.

My sister, who lives in Siberia, told me she liked the Simpsons and that it was much better than the shows coming from America. I told her the Simpsons was an American show. She was surprised because she said it was distinctly different from the dumb and crass American comedies she saw on TV. What comedies? She named a few and I never heard of them. Must be some low-budget independent productions.

In summary, I wouldn't trust a foreigner's opinion of the American culture because it can be based on bizarre and outlandish ideas, skewed by trashy low-budget movies that no one in America has ever heard of, but in that country they are considered mainstream.

While I have a bit of knowledge of culture in Ukraine I am reluctant to judge it for exactly the reasons you note above. Certainly in fine art I can see things with perhaps a bit more insight but this is a lifelong knowledge. One thing I enjoy doing is going to a museum of exhibition with some one who is NOT art savy, sometimes you learn from this persons insights, more than all the literature available.

I guess that may partially explain the fear and hatred of the West by Middle-Eastern Muslims who have watched too many trashy, completely unbelievable movies packed with gore, cheap erotica, and toilet humor.

No the hatred by Muslims of the west is simply based on ignorance and intolerance. I recognize it is a minority but it is unrelenting and dogmatic. If Muslims were willing to accept Western standards and norms there would be very few problems. Otherwise let them play in the sand and stay there.

On the other side the Wests constant meddling in there affairs does little to help understanding of one another.

Offline ?ManyQuestions?

« Reply #485 on: August 01, 2017, 03:11:56 PM »

While I have a bit of knowledge of culture in Ukraine I am reluctant to judge it for exactly the reasons you note above. Certainly in fine art I can see things with perhaps a bit more insight but this is a lifelong knowledge. One thing I enjoy doing is going to a museum of exhibition with some one who is NOT art savy, sometimes you learn from this persons insights, more than all the literature available.

No the hatred by Muslims of the west is simply based on ignorance and intolerance. I recognize it is a minority but it is unrelenting and dogmatic. If Muslims were willing to accept Western standards and norms there would be very few problems. Otherwise let them play in the sand and stay there.

On the other side the Wests constant meddling in there affairs does little to help understanding of one another.

Yes, I know and so does Red Square. It's all in the quran, the abrogation of the peaceful suras, ect. If all the hate spewed out of that book isn't enough, this 6th century bandit/prophet/murderer can't even put the plagiarized suras he got from the torah and bible in chronological order.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #486 on: August 01, 2017, 03:12:31 PM »

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #487 on: August 01, 2017, 06:37:59 PM »

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #488 on: August 01, 2017, 06:40:16 PM »

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #489 on: August 01, 2017, 06:50:08 PM »

Offline ?ManyQuestions?

« Reply #490 on: August 01, 2017, 07:33:49 PM »
Do you feel collective guilt for your "whiteness"? Feel guilty about slavery and other crimes your ancestors may (or may not) have committed? Well, I have good news!! Donate to Al Sharpton's campaign and he can absolve "whitey", for a fee!!!

http://thepeoplescube.com/peoples-blog/don-sharptone-absolving-whitey-for-a-fee-t15692.html

John Frum

Don Sharptone: absolving whitey for a fee. Voices run that he accepts protection money without infamy and his protégés are immune of accusations in racism.

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/01/04/want-to-avoid-being-called-a-racist-pay-al-sharpton/comment-page-1/

Offline ?ManyQuestions?

« Reply #491 on: August 01, 2017, 07:50:07 PM »
US Federal budget to Federal Reserve: To infinity and beyond!!  :money:

Infinite Wisdom in Government by R.O.C.K in the USSA

http://thepeoplescube.com/peoples-blog/infinite-wisdom-in-government-t10060.html#150987

R.O.C.K in the USSA

Finally, someone in government has experienced infinite wisdom! And we will ALL experience financial nirvana if his suggestion is implemented!

Treasury Security Tim "Spend It ALL!" Geithner suggested on Friday that the national debt limit be raised to infinity.

When asked, specifically, what that meant and just how high infinity could go, Geithner said "Just imagine President Barack Obama's goodness! Or even the stiffness of Nancy Pilosi's face, for that matter".

Geithner stated that "it was time a long time ago" to eliminate the debt limit, and that only Congress could solve this problem, although he hinted that hate-filled Rethugglikkkans in the House would probably block any bill that proposed infinite debt.

President B. Hussein Obama was unavailable for comment, having just jetted off on Air Force One to play a few dozen rounds of golf overseas; First Lady Above the United States Moochele Obama was also unavailable, as she and 500 of her closest friends and relatives are currently in the Bahamas vacationing.

R.O.C.K. in the USSA

Might I be so bold as to propose another, companion, slogan to "FORWARD!" ?

---> UP! <---

General Confusion

Comrade Mugabe has achieved an economic mastery few can match,
his rate of growth was over 28,000%, some of the naysayers called inflation.
His country had some of the largest denominations ever printed, and the value disappeared while they were in your hand.

ThePeoplesComrade

The world is not enough, We need debt infinity.

Commissarka Pinkie

He's not flying. He's falling off the fiscal cliff--with style!

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #492 on: August 02, 2017, 06:42:31 AM »
^Geithner is not Treasury Secretary anymore and he hasn't been for awhile!

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #493 on: August 02, 2017, 12:51:58 PM »
Not political but made me chuckle

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Online AvHdB

« Reply #494 on: August 02, 2017, 02:29:22 PM »
Good one Popka!

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #495 on: August 03, 2017, 08:02:21 AM »

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #496 on: August 03, 2017, 11:16:43 AM »

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #497 on: August 03, 2017, 11:19:11 AM »
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline ?ManyQuestions?

« Reply #498 on: August 03, 2017, 11:45:58 AM »
Marxist group disbands because members were too rich, white. by Red Square

http://thepeoplescube.com/peoples-blog/marxist-group-disbands-because-members-were-too-rich-white-t19597.html

Red Square

Life imitates the People's Cube so shamelessly these days that there's no point in political parody anymore. Below are some unaltered excerpts from our friends at CampusReform.org:

A Marxist student group at Swarthmore College disbanded itself earlier this year after realizing that its members were too rich and too white to be real commies.

According to screenshots confidentially provided to Campus Reform by an individual with access to the group’s private Facebook page, the demise of the Swarthmore Anti-Capitalist Collective (SACC) came in the wake of a farewell letter from a member who had decided the group could never be an effective proponent of “unproblematized anticapitalist politics” due to its “history of abuse, racism, and even classism.”

“From my understanding SACC disbanded because they realized the makeup and tactics of their group was at odds with their espoused principles,” Swarthmore Conservative Society President Gilbert Guerra told Campus Reform. “Their main support base was middle-upper class white kids who enjoy jogging.”

The farewell letter corroborates Guerra’s understanding, asserting that “SACC’s fundamental failure” was that “at its formation, it was made up of entirely white, with the exception of one person of color*, students,” and to make matters worse, “not one of [the founding members] are from low-income and/or working class backgrounds.”

Arguing that “low-income people of color should never be an afterthought in a group whose politics supposedly focus on their liberation,” the author then went on to accuse SACC of having a “history of abuse, racism, and even classism that was never adequately addressed or recognized despite constantly being brought up as an issue.”

Apparently this isn't the first Marxist group to be ripped apart by the historical necessity of dialectical contradictions, which made their dissolution historically inevitable.

Great Stalin's Ghost

In the interest of hastening the arrival of next Tuesday, to insure party cohesion, and because I am just a sweetheart of a guy, I will help these abusive, racist, classist white people by allowing them to redistribute their wealth - to me. The sooner, the better, in order to help them become good comrades.

Red Square

Young Marxist clubs are surfacing at public schools around the country again. Why?

The answer is, of course, that strong communism is always better than weak progressivism.

The People's Cube cures weak progressivism with strong communism!

Everyone will be cured eventually. Works better than the Republican healthcare bill.

Read this glorious Party organ in order to know what to think!

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #499 on: August 03, 2017, 03:15:54 PM »

Registration