The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Complete List of All Marriage Agencies in Russia  (Read 27959 times)

Offline 56ok56

Re: Complete List of All Marriage Agencies in Russia
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2015, 05:56:44 PM »
I already tried Google search and already used most of those agencies on there.  That is why I am looking for more.

Offline Tom Cat

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2015, 06:04:14 PM »
I already tried Google search and already used most of those agencies on there.  That is why I am looking for more.

If you can read Russian, use yandex.ru to search local agencies you might have better luck

Keep in mind many agencies are no longer in business in Russia.
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline sharonhaber00

• If you call it "Avatar", let it be Avatar...
  • Spouses Country: Israel
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2015, 06:05:25 PM »

Try on eBay. There are many used ones in good condition :thumbsup:
Nadie no sabe lo que tiene hasta el día que lo pierde.

Offline GuppyCaptain

• Actively on the Search
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2015, 06:05:49 PM »
Mordinson charges thousands of dollars just to walk in the door.  I cant afford that.  I can afford 50-70 euro per meeting.  That is my price limit.

My friend you do what you want and are comfortable with. Mordinson does charge $2,650 for 10 days. That includes an apartment, use of mobile phone, airport pickup and drop off, unlimited translation service, unlimited dates with women, and for the month prior to meeting the ladies it also includes unlimited communication with them. To me that doesn't seem like such a bad deal, but to each his own.

Mila does charge $50/introduction. She is more a la carte so you will pay for translation, apartment, introductions, etc separately. You could get lucky and spend less with her or you could end up spending more.

I've met both in person and am planning on definitely using the former and more than likely the latter as well next spring.

Good luck with whatever route you chose. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2015, 06:27:51 PM »
 When I was out on the hunt I used

www.russian-enigma.com

The owner and her daughter were good to work with, the few girls I wrote to seemed honest in their intentions, and in the end I wound up meeting the one girl I had originally wrote to. No complaints from me about their services. They are based in Rostov on Don.

Offline 56ok56

« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2015, 06:32:43 PM »
I can't speak Russian. 

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2015, 06:36:13 PM »
I can't speak Russian.

Neither can 95% of us guys on here, including ones married or living in the FSU.

PS.  You could always hire Eduard from here to find some girls to meet.

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2015, 06:55:44 PM »
Or be more polite.

"I've got no time, money isn't a problem, I've already googled that you moron, give me the info I need now and I'll cease communication!"

Offline GuppyCaptain

• Actively on the Search
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2015, 07:04:33 PM »
I can't speak Russian.

Neither can 95% of us guys on here, including ones married or living in the FSU.

PS.  You could always hire Eduard from here to find some girls to meet.

If he has a problem with Mordinson's price he'll have a stroke over Ed's. That's not to say that Eduard's services aren't worth the money for the right guy. He offers a premium service, but to some he'll be the perfect fit to find their lady and having met him I think he's a standup guy.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2015, 01:06:05 AM »
I very much doubt there is such a thing.

There used to be a guy that ran a web page that had all the agencies he knew of listed and even ranked them "endorsed" or "not endorsed" based on customer evaluations.

I think one of the bigger agencies sued him and his legal defense put him out of business. 

Can somebody refresh an old man's memory on this topic?

Was =/= is
But Jims List was hardly comprehensive comprising folks who would pay up to not be badmouthed, those who had refused to pay up to his demands and those with whom he had profitable referal deals.

Most agencies of the time were not within that universe.

Now our hero is starting to define his terms:  Russia means only Western Russia and includes Ukraine. All means only personal service places (as long as they are inexpensive and don't mind him not taking their services).

I doubt that such a list is very long but will not be easy to research.

To our hero,  I referred up thread to defining your terms. We can now see that you have yet to do so. Rather than building a list can I suggest that you define what outcome you seek and decide your resources, probably budget and time. Then you can better decide how to proceed. For example right now you are bemoaning the idea of spending large (in your opinion) amounts of money at one place. I'd suggest that if that one place,  in a single visit, provides you with what you seek then the cost of using them will actually be rather low.

Try to consider value and not price when defining your desired outcome and your route to that outcome.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2015, 01:30:39 AM »

But Jims List was hardly comprehensive comprising folks who would pay up to not be badmouthed, those who had refused to pay up to his demands and those with whom he had profitable referal deals.

Yet ANOTHER andrewfi post of questionable validity...

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline PBRstreetg

• Spouses Country: Беларусь
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2015, 02:25:04 AM »
Try on eBay. There are many used ones in good condition :thumbsup:

Or be more polite.

"I've got no time, money isn't a problem, I've already googled that you moron, give me the info I need now and I'll cease communication!"

:ROFL:

What's wrong with Andrewfi's post? I think he's just saying that if you've exhausted all agency links at your command it would behoove you to narrow the rest down. At least consider changing up the game plan.

Разрушить всегда легче, чем построить. Обидеть проще,чем простить. И врать всегда удобней , чем поверить. А оттолкнуть намного проще, чем любить

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2015, 02:28:28 AM »

So, tell us then Alfy, what is 'questionable' about the post I wrote, specifically what do you disagree with and why? Tell us, Alfy, what can you offer to our hero to guide him in a constructive and positive manner?

Offline 56ok56

« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2015, 05:23:04 AM »

www.russian-enigma.com

The owner and her daughter were good to work with, the few girls I wrote to seemed honest in their intentions, and in the end I wound up meeting the one girl I had originally wrote to. No complaints from me about their services. They are based in Rostov on Don.

Do you have their phone number?

Offline 56ok56

« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2015, 05:27:36 AM »
Can I buy a list from somebody?  It's ok if it's a little old.

Offline 56ok56

« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2015, 05:28:32 AM »
I am looking for marriage.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2015, 06:07:41 AM »

So, tell us then Alfy, what is 'questionable' about the post I wrote, specifically what do you disagree with and why? Tell us, Alfy, what can you offer to our hero to guide him in a constructive and positive manner?

1/ Your first mistake is addressing a 'newbie' as 'hero' - you are simply being condescending to someone less 'clued up' than you think you are ..

2/ Your second mistake was suggesting Jim 'blackmailed' agencies .  You are prone to such 'mistakes'..   The question should be:  can you PROVE such a slur ?

I'll give you an example  - LUCKYLOVERS - can you remember what he said about them ? ...

'Alfy' awaits while you try to get some 'support' for your fibs..

The OP is getting plenty of advice..
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2015, 07:29:43 AM »
I am looking for marriage.

If you are looking for marriage, you should narrow down your search to the most reputable agencies.

I would also contact some ladies before travel.
You might have to write a few letters, but you will at least know something about who you are meeting..
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline sharonhaber00

• If you call it "Avatar", let it be Avatar...
  • Spouses Country: Israel
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2015, 07:59:17 AM »

www.russian-enigma.com

Do you have their phone number?

Have you noticed "e-mail us" at the menu?
Nadie no sabe lo que tiene hasta el día que lo pierde.

Offline leslied

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2015, 09:05:20 AM »

I have to agree here. Jim's list was one of the most dishonest sites ever to be spawned on the internet.

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2015, 09:39:36 AM »
I have to agree here. Jim's list was one of the most dishonest sites ever to be spawned on the internet.

One needs to keep in mind, Jim often stated the recommended sites were his personal choice.
If you feel the man had no credibility, then you would likely feel the site was dishonest.

Really when it comes down to it, are there very many sites related to FSUW dating that are honest? :biggrin:

Offline sashathecat

• Spouses Country: Ukraine baby!
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2015, 10:09:31 AM »
Can I buy a list from somebody?  It's ok if it's a little old.

Hire an offshore freelancer to data mine for you.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2015, 10:25:00 AM »
Alfy, if you want to learn more then hit up the Internets or pay me to be your researcher (via PayPal in advance).

Your lack of knowledge does not indicate a lack of fact.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2015, 10:30:51 AM »
Really when it comes down to it, are there very many sites related to FSUW dating that are honest? :biggrin:

Firstly, if you accept that a general lack of honesty is a reasonable justification for a particular lack of honesty then your ethical compass probably does not have 'true north'.

It is reasonable to suggest that there are many people in the business who are misguided and delusional. Many of them make ridiculous and untrue claims but they are not dishonest. Some people make untrue claims knowing them to be untrue - that is dishonest. So, whilst it is possible and reasonable to claim that much of what you see on the Internet in respect of MOB is untrue only a much smaller part is dishonest. Based upon what I know 'Jim' was not honest and he was not Jim.

Secondly 'Jim' whoever he was, did NOT make a point of claiming his recommendations and black lists were his 'personal choice' until he came under legal pressure on the matter when his supposedly evidence based claims morphed into 'personal opinions' as part of a campaign to stop his sites being closed down. He used personal opinion in an effort to avoid legal responsibility by claiming the protections of 'free speech'. His sites went dark because, in the end, he was unable to show that this was the case.

For what it is worth I believe that the original 'Jim' was trying to earn a crust using a basic, but usually short term affiliate marketing technique where an affiliate sets himself up as the consumer champion. In this case things got rather out of hand, as they tend to do, when greed came into the picture.

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2015, 11:36:10 AM »
I have more money than time.

Mordinson charges thousands of dollars just to walk in the door.  I cant afford that.  I can afford 50-70 euro per meeting.  That is my price limit.

If you ever discover how costly that international relationships can be, you will understand why the emboldened words jumped out at me.

Registration