The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Mistakes made during the pursuit of an FSUW.  (Read 18141 times)

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Mistakes made during the pursuit of an FSUW.
« Reply #150 on: October 20, 2017, 03:58:44 AM »
I recommend that you either get the experience
or get a wingman/helper or pursue local ladies because FSUW aren't for entry level daters.

You know, Beel... the more I think about this - looking back at my experience... I don't think you're right ..

If they speak good English and one is honest, open and genuinely interested, you should find lot's of FSU W are interested

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
Mistakes made during the pursuit of an FSUW.
« Reply #151 on: October 21, 2017, 10:33:42 AM »
I recommend that you either get the experience
or get a wingman/helper or pursue local ladies because FSUW aren't for entry level daters.

You know, Beel... the more I think about this - looking back at my experience... I don't think you're right ..

If they speak good English and one is honest, open and genuinely interested, you should find lot's of FSU W are interested

In my opinion,

International dating isn't for men who haven't dated much locally. There are too many
pitfalls, snares and entanglements for men who don't have experience with women.
How is Joe in the basement, Rick the recluse, or Seth the socially inept going to
know what girl is honest, open and genuinely interested?

They will probably just propose to the hottest girl that will date them or marry the
first one to lower her knickers, which probably isn't the best method of selecting a
partner for life.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #152 on: October 21, 2017, 01:34:51 PM »

In my opinion,

International dating isn't for men who haven't dated much locally. There are too many
pitfalls, snares and entanglements for men who don't have experience with women.
How is Joe in the basement, Rick the recluse, or Seth the socially inept going to
know what girl is honest, open and genuinely interested?

They will probably just propose to the hottest girl that will date them or marry the
first one to lower her knickers, which probably isn't the best method of selecting a
partner for life.

I'm referring to 'normal' guys - who can afford the time off and the patience !
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Wiz

« Reply #153 on: October 21, 2017, 05:20:08 PM »
Back in 29 June 2007, I made a post titled: "They never admit a mistake" so I just wonder if anything has changed regarding the above subject about RW?

http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php/topic,798.0.html

We all make mistakes in our lives and personally too many and we all have to apologise and say sorry, when we are wrong.

I have noticed reading on the boards many people make reference to their RW been stubborn and not admit their mistakes. That is also my own experience, sofar and during my last trip I asked my American-Russian born friend to explain to me the reasons.

He told me that the word; “Buna” = guilty and to admit a mistake is like admitting guild of some kind of crime and in the old days everybody avoided doing that because of the fear of been shot by the police. Of course that does not happen now in Russia but this attitude is very deep ingrained in their character, so they NEVER admit and accept any mistakes or say sorry. They always transfer responsibility for any mistakes to the other person and blame them for the problems.

Is that the real reason?

In my view, if a person never accepts that have made a mistake and say sorry then it creates a huge problem in their relationships.

I have observed this character trait but have also seen it dissapear over time.

My pals wife still very much has it though, nothing ever is her fault, irrespective of circumstances, she could be standing over a geezer on the floor in a pool of blood with a smoking gun in her hand and still deny she knew anything about it.

It is my experience that this character trait, especially in older women who were born/lived during the USSR years has not changed BUT a wise woman has another way to say "Sorry"...

without actually saying it!  :nod: :laugh:

So what is your experience?

PS: TomT mine did exactly the same but I am still alive..... :ROFL:
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline TomT

« Reply #154 on: October 21, 2017, 09:18:03 PM »
PS: TomT mine did exactly the same but I am still alive.....

Learning to drive as an adult is much more difficult than learning as a teenager. If the adult driving student has the attitude that he/she can do WTF he/she wants, the situation is even worse. Most men in the FSU search have no idea what they signed up for... but they will find out.

Offline 2tallbill

« Reply #155 on: October 22, 2017, 12:11:25 PM »

I'm referring to 'normal' guys - who can afford the time off and the patience !

I think that normal guys have some dating experience so in that situation,
I agree that they can be successful. It's the socially clueless and or/inexperienced
that I was referring to.

For the socially clueless and/or inexperienced, I recommend that you either get the experience
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up

Offline 2tallbill

« Reply #156 on: October 22, 2017, 12:27:33 PM »
Learning to drive as an adult is much more difficult than learning as a teenager.

The teenage son student and adult parent teacher is a much different dynamic than
husband teacher and wife student. You probably taught your son how to tie his shoes,
throw a baseball, long division and a thousand other things. A teenager is accustomed
to taking direction and receiving instructions from his father that absolutely must be
followed.

You might have taught your wife to play Yahtzee, she is not accustomed to being given
absolutes by her husband.   

A husband who is contemplating doing this should take her to the golf course and
let her drive around the course first and then hit the parking lot with a cars arriving
and leaving before trying this for real on streets with real cars.

It might be wise to do the golf course once a week for a month before sending her to
get professional instruction.   

Most men in the FSU search have no idea what they signed up for... but they will find out.

Quote of the week material

Registration