The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: UK Citizen Getting Married in Ukraine - Legal Documents Required  (Read 46944 times)

Offline wildrover

• Commercial Member
  • Spouses Country: Russian Federation
  • Trips: Semi-Resident
Re: UK Citizen Getting Married in Ukraine - Legal Documents Required
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2010, 07:42:10 AM »
My Russian lady has just sent me a text message to tell me that the Ukrainian embassy have told her that it is possible for an Englishman and a Russian lady to marry in Kiev , so for any people having problems to get a visa to Russia this could be a great option...I will keep you all posted on what happens and what we need to do to get through this....
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER.....??

Offline Guillo

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2011, 02:49:57 PM »
Hello folks!
This may be a bit off course from this thread, but since you guys are obviously further along the red tape line I figured I'd ask. What is the advantage of getting married in the Ukraine vs. having her come here to get married at home in the US?? She's already been here on a tourist Visa before, and the idea would ultimately moving here anyways.
We are currently deciding which is better, so Id like to know the reasons for you guys getting married over there instead of at home.

Offline Chris

• CAD Drawing and Surveying for Office and on Site - Point - Shoot - Drawn - Instant Floor Plans
  • Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2011, 02:59:22 PM »
Hello folks!
This may be a bit off course from this thread, but since you guys are obviously further along the red tape line I figured I'd ask. What is the advantage of getting married in the Ukraine vs. having her come here to get married at home in the US?? She's already been here on a tourist Visa before, and the idea would ultimately moving here anyways.
We are currently deciding which is better, so Id like to know the reasons for you guys getting married over there instead of at home.

Are you in the US ? if so you need to ask on another thread this is about the UK.

If in the UK, one benefit is you have one set of fees less, although in the whole scheme of things its only going to save you best part of a grand,  so you have to weigh up if that is a major consideration, but remember the wedding is usually for the lady anyway, no doubt she would want her family to be present, could she have that if you got married at home?

Registration