The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: More Pics of Sumy for Nataly  (Read 5649 times)

Offline virgo1

More Pics of Sumy for Nataly
« on: January 14, 2008, 10:38:23 AM »
Hi Jinx how,s it goin! Unfortunately a 1GB card I had filled with pics somehow went faulty on me >:( But here are some more. The one of the bride crossing the road is actually on her way to the Gazebo that you and Greg are talking about, lol.

Offline mendeleyev

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: More Pics of Sumy for Nataly
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 02:08:58 PM »
Virgo, enjoying your photos!

Offline Jinx

• Watched
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 12:22:30 PM »
 Nataly says thanks Virgo! We both really enjoyed the photo's, but now she is more homesick than ever  :(   

She misses the snow...we live in sunny California so we don't see much of it here. It's funny though, she always seems to be cold, even here....I can't imagine how she ever made it through the winters there  ::)

Offline virgo1

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 01:43:29 PM »
Cheers Jinx, Im sure Nataly gets home sick, but she,s better of in California, it was freezing in Sumy, and because the footpaths are compacted ice, it can be quite treacherous, even to walk about. Olya was the same, she really didnt want to go out much because of the cold, but of course, I insisted on seeing everything (Of course, Olya made me pay by dragging me around every shoe shop in Sumy! lol, and theres lots!) Heres one of her, well wrapped up!
Its a pity the other card failed but I will stick a few more up anyway!

Offline bgreed

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 06:28:23 PM »
Virgo you were very near to Lenas apartment.  the resturant that looks like a windmill is just accross the river from her apartment.  If you cross the foot bridge that is just up river from there the resturant on the opposite side is where we had our wedding dinner.  Funny thing about the windwill resturant Lena won't allow us to go there because the manager was always offering her free meals if she would go out with him. :laugh:

Offline bgreed

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 06:36:37 PM »
Lets see if I have some more pics for Nataly.

Offline virgo1

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 01:12:34 PM »
Hi Greg, yep, its a small world, the guy who picked me up in Kiev also lived across from the river from the restaurant ! (Vitaly, I think he was called, a Ukrainian/Italian guy, 100 Euro, as opposed to the agencies $220) heres a pic in case Lena knows him, lol.)
I have to say, the food was excellent in this restaurant, and it is really authentically done up inside too, the girl in the pics with traditional dress is a waitress there( I note that she,s been viewed more than any other pic,lol) :)

Offline LoyalMan

• ChiNazi scientists have invented Wuhan Virus Test Agent with accuracy rate close to 0%
  • Spouses Country: Neptune
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 10:42:33 AM »
SUMY!!!!  MY GIRL'S HOMETOWN!!!!   :party0011: :party0031:

Registration