The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Thank You Don & Jooky  (Read 1433 times)

Offline Patrick

Thank You Don & Jooky
« on: April 25, 2007, 07:47:26 PM »
“Really, I do not know whether to thank most Jooky, who first put it in my rather dense head that we ought to have a great board for like minded people to sound off or most to thank you for consenting to undertake the work. My dear fellow, I am very grateful to you, and I am very proud to have been able to associate you in some way that you have allowed me too.. I like the board immensely; but that goes without saying, for the work is eminently characteristic of you. Thank Heaven, we have at last some outstanding board of permanent worth done for the people that need and want it.

We, being the people with the experience have to pass along what we have all learned the hard way, through trial and error with our own travels

Just look at the experience that we have here ! We all could and should write a book with the knowledge that we have to offer. Hell, I am going to write a book about Western Ukraina myself complete with photos of my castle, Queen , Prince and Princess..Cheers  Too You My Friend

Enjoy this while you can. This is about as fancy as I will ever get. No one seems to read my drivel anyway

Offline Chris

• CAD Drawing and Surveying for Office and on Site - Point - Shoot - Drawn - Instant Floor Plans
  • Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Thank You Don & Jooky
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 02:08:28 AM »
Enjoy this while you can. This is about as fancy as I will ever get. No one seems to read my drivel anyway

Ahhhhh! I read it Patrick  ;) and I echo your thoughts too  ;D

Chris

Offline mogurx

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 01:38:31 PM »
The birdog says:

Some drivel a day keeps the doctor away.

--------------------------
There is a picture of birdog in this post - sometimes also invisible!
Serious error.
Screen. Heart. Both are blank. 
You are 404

Offline billsetnor

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 03:55:19 PM »
Patrick,

By all means, please post your story and pictures.  My father's parents both came from villages close to Uzhgorod, and I'll be travelling there some day to do genealogy research when I find someone local who can help me out.  I'd love to see your pics and impressions of the area, and we've had other guys among the a long forgotten forum and another forum members who've met and married ladies from there.

All the best to you and your new family.

Bill