The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Putin: Russia’s Military Strength Has No Match In The World  (Read 42897 times)

Offline Tom Cat

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Putin: Russia’s Military Strength Has No Match In The World
« Reply #525 on: October 16, 2017, 03:28:19 PM »
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #526 on: October 16, 2017, 03:41:05 PM »

Futuristic Russian Military Suit Gets Nuclear-Proof Upgrade

https://www.livescience.com/60675-russian-supersuit-nuclear-proof-watch.html

Your article at the end uses a position from NBC that Trump want to increase our nuclear arsenal 10X.  When called on it, NBC was not able to give any possible source where they got that. It is not in any budget request or budget plans and none of Trump's inter circle advisors will admit to ever hearing him say anything like that. Most of our nuclear arsenal is 60 years old and there are plans to modernize it but these plans actually call for a reduction in the number of nuclear missiles. 

Texan, NBC, news is western mainstream media, did you expect them to be truthful with news involving Trump? 

Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #527 on: October 30, 2017, 03:27:36 PM »
Russia showcases Su-30SM fighter jet in breathtaking action VIDEO

https://www.rt.com/news/408183-su-30sm-jet-video/

Online Texan77

« Reply #528 on: October 30, 2017, 07:16:32 PM »

Your article at the end uses a position from NBC that Trump want to increase our nuclear arsenal 10X.  When called on it, NBC was not able to give any possible source where they got that. It is not in any budget request or budget plans and none of Trump's inter circle advisors will admit to ever hearing him say anything like that. Most of our nuclear arsenal is 60 years old and there are plans to modernize it but these plans actually call for a reduction in the number of nuclear missiles. 

Texan, NBC, news is western mainstream media, did you expect them to be truthful with news involving Trump? 

No I did not understand why you would use an article to prove a point when is was already proven fake. NBC is part of the global news network and like RT news has an agenda. Sometime news and sometimes agenda. Most people in the USA know this. 

Tom you must be a paid troll for Russia. Why else would you carry out the Russian agenda to discredit western news.  RT news as well as the rest of the Putin news network and their many thousand tolls are just as fake if not more so.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #529 on: October 30, 2017, 07:18:04 PM »

No I did not understand why you would use an article to prove a point when is was already proven fake. NBC is part of the global news network and like RT news has an agenda. Sometime news and sometimes agenda. Most people in the USA know this. 

Tom you must be a paid troll for Russia. Why else would you carry out the Russian agenda to discredit western news.  RT news as well as the rest of the Putin news network and their many thousand tolls are just as fake if not more so.

Tolls?

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #530 on: October 30, 2017, 08:23:10 PM »

Texan, i post articles from many different news sources, often when I may not agree with what is written.
I post articles from western media and I'm anti Russian to some.
I post articles from RT, and you say I'm a paid  Troll for Russia.
I keep an open mind and can read all sources to form a more rounded opinion.
I have been to Russia several times and enjoy the country very much.
You should try spending some time in Russia and maybe you might have a different opinion about the good people that live there.

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #531 on: October 31, 2017, 02:14:44 AM »
I think any suggestion that Tom Cat is a paid troll (or toll) by Russia, tells us more about poor old Texan.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #532 on: October 31, 2017, 04:05:32 AM »
TC, Looks at a variety of sources for his postings. It is far easier to post from a Russian standpoint as the Russian media is largely controlled by the Kremlin and centralized. The few 'independent' sources largely lack the means to effectively present there message. The other source are media sources such as the Sun and Encquirer which one can have a laugh with or at.

The western media mostly follows an anti-Russian viewpoint of presenting the facts that is promoted by those in power in DC and other capitals that fits there agenda.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #533 on: October 31, 2017, 04:24:09 PM »
Was the hit order from the Kremlin?

Russian media reported at the time that the plotters were planning to plant mines on Kutuzovsky Avenue in Moscow, used by Mr Putin on a daily basis

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-europe-41811969

https://www.yahoo.com/news/wife-chechen-accused-putin-assassination-plot-shot-dead-005455558.html
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Online Texan77

« Reply #534 on: October 31, 2017, 05:49:26 PM »

Texan, i post articles from many different news sources, often when I may not agree with what is written.
You should try spending some time in Russia and maybe you might have a different opinion about the good people that live there.

Tom you often write stories about western media and what they did not report. You have never wrote any stories about RT news and what they do not report. Notice very few stories in western media attacking Russian media. I know many people from Russia. They are indeed nice people they just have a government who has restarted the cold war. RT news is part of their arsenals in that war. The attack on the western media is for the purpose to get more people to believe the Russian propaganda and discount the western side of the story. Day after day you help with this attacked even when it has nothing to do with anything anybody is saying. Just out of the blue you go off on the western media said this when the Russian media said that so the western media is lying again. You do this when you have no insight into anything that happened other than reading the article and no way to know which side is not telling the truth. Why do your comments go on and on about how the western media is lying beyond posting the articles? Why do you not post articles about stories instead Russian propaganda against the western media? You obviously have a campaign going against the western media. The only reason I talk about the Putin's news network is all the negative press western news gets here. Western News has many problems and many news originations have an agenda why can you guys not see that in the Putin news network?

Example you posted a story about a march in Kiev that the point of the Russian story was how the western media did not cover it so it is a western media cover up. The facts about the march were mainly missing because most of the story was blasting the western media.  Why wouldn't you just post a story about the march in Kiev that maybe would have a few facts about the march? Untilled Trumped got elected there is not much coverage when a couple thousand Nazis march in the USA so why would they run one when they march in Kiev? The title of the article should be "Russia media continues attack on Western counter part." 
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Online Texan77

« Reply #535 on: October 31, 2017, 06:23:22 PM »
TC, Looks at a variety of sources for his postings. It is far easier to post from a Russian standpoint as the Russian media is largely controlled by the Kremlin and centralized. The few 'independent' sources largely lack the means to effectively present there message. The other source are media sources such as the Sun and Encquirer which one can have a laugh with or at.

The western media mostly follows an anti-Russian viewpoint of presenting the facts that is promoted by those in power in DC and other capitals that fits there agenda.

You have to understand that Putin is an Anti globalist. So of course, Globalist news network will not write as many stories that are friendly toward Russia because of this. But understand the power people do not have much influence about this neither. Let me give you an example. Before any war the western media will mostly say we need to go to war in the news coverage. Then a few weeks into the war the news changes to where we get all the dead bodies and how we should of never done this and how everyone who voted for this war should be voted out of office. Then of course the Putin news network is right in there also with the same complaints. So according to western news it is Ok to go to war but no one is suppose to get hurt. If it wasn't so serious it would be funny.

There are large corporations around the world that own many news out lets in many countries. They are not governments but they own these outlets because they have an agenda. Then there is state own/controlled news organizations which also have an agenda. 

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #536 on: October 31, 2017, 06:30:29 PM »

Tom you often write stories about western media and what they did not report. You have never wrote any stories about RT news and what they do not report. Notice very few stories in western media attacking Russian media. I know many people from Russia. They are indeed nice people they just have a government who has restarted the cold war. RT news is part of their arsenals in that war. The attack on the western media is for the purpose to get more people to believe the Russian propaganda and discount the western side of the story. Day after day you help with this attacked even when it has nothing to do with anything anybody is saying. Just out of the blue you go off on the western media said this when the Russian media said that so the western media is lying again. You do this when you have no insight into anything that happened other than reading the article and no way to know which side is not telling the truth. Why do your comments go on and on about how the western media is lying beyond posting the articles? Why do you not post articles about stories instead Russian propaganda against the western media? You obviously have a campaign going against the western media. The only reason I talk about the Putin's news network is all the negative press western news gets here. Western News has many problems and many news originations have an agenda why can you guys not see that in the Putin news network?

Example you posted a story about a march in Kiev that the point of the Russian story was how the western media did not cover it so it is a western media cover up. The facts about the march were mainly missing because most of the story was blasting the western media.  Why wouldn't you just post a story about the march in Kiev that maybe would have a few facts about the march? Untilled Trumped got elected there is not much coverage when a couple thousand Nazis march in the USA so why would they run one when they march in Kiev? The title of the article should be "Russia media continues attack on Western counter part." 

Texan, honestly I have a very difficult time with the main stream media, and their constant fake news about President Trump.
Given their dishonest coverage and liberal bias with most all news stories makes for poor journalism.

If you only wish to read MSM, articles watch national TV news I can understand why your mind is not open to alternate points of view.

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #537 on: October 31, 2017, 06:56:00 PM »
Texan we discussed this before but read this now that the war games are finished you can see the west portrays Putin and Russia in a way that just ain't true!
And too, pay attention to the 100,000 into that country meaning Belarus.
If I recall you asked where I got the large number?

US Special-Operations Forces Have Quietly Moved Onto the Russian Border

https://www.thenation.com/article/us-special-operations-forces-have-quietly-moved-onto-the-russian-border/

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #538 on: October 31, 2017, 08:01:02 PM »
5 facts about ‘Kretchet’: The beast that may soon bolster Russia’s border forces

https://www.rbth.com/science-and-tech/326580-5-facts-about-kretchet

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #539 on: November 01, 2017, 03:06:12 AM »

You have to understand that Putin is an Anti globalist. So of course, Globalist news network will not write as many stories that are friendly toward Russia because of this. But understand the power people do not have much influence about this neither. Let me give you an example. Before any war the western media will mostly say we need to go to war in the news coverage. Then a few weeks into the war the news changes to where we get all the dead bodies and how we should of never done this and how everyone who voted for this war should be voted out of office. Then of course the Putin news network is right in there also with the same complaints. So according to western news it is Ok to go to war but no one is suppose to get hurt. If it wasn't so serious it would be funny.

There are large corporations around the world that own many news out lets in many countries. They are not governments but they own these outlets because they have an agenda. Then there is state own/controlled news organizations which also have an agenda.

Just be mindful that this is a tactic used by parts of the media all over.

For instance, the media will focus on a football manager in the U.K. who’s going through a difficult spell. They ramp up the pressure, post leading headlines and set in the rot.

After a while he gets sacked & the same media turns on the club for not supporting its manager.

Welcome to the real world Tex.

Online AvHdB

« Reply #540 on: November 01, 2017, 10:41:55 AM »

You have to understand that Putin is an Anti globalist. So of course, Globalist news network will not write as many stories that are friendly toward Russia because of this.

Over time I have heard many descriptions of Putin, some of which if they were repeated on RUA would cause some consternation for the moderators. But Anti-Globalist is a new one, congratulations. As I see it Putin would much more prefer to be a partner in the world economy. But he will not sacrifice Russia's population for some bankers or a pat on the back from A. Merkel.

As for your second statement there is truth in this fact. But one should look at who is steering this course.

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #541 on: November 17, 2017, 04:59:45 PM »
I can see why she is getting so much attention.

Russian MoD appoints 26yo spokeswoman - and she’s already a social media sensation (PHOTOS)

https://www.rt.com/news/410212-russian-mod-appoints-26yo-spokeswoman/

Online AvHdB

« Reply #542 on: November 18, 2017, 01:29:53 PM »

Offline Tom Cat

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #544 on: December 01, 2017, 04:54:50 PM »
Russia’s new, stealthy rocket ships will soon be wreaking havoc at sea

https://www.rbth.com/science-and-tech/326887-russias-new-stealthy-rocket-ships

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #545 on: January 08, 2018, 03:21:48 PM »

Russia to unleash new UNDETECTABLE stealth bomb designed to GLIDE across enemy airspace

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/world/901928/russia-army-bomb-putin-stealth-drel-moscow-techmash/amp

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #546 on: January 12, 2018, 12:28:22 PM »
Drone warfare: How Russia’s military takes out unmanned flying machines

https://www.rbth.com/science-and-tech/327225-drone-warfare-how-russias-military-fights

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #547 on: January 13, 2018, 10:54:04 AM »
Ever have a  bad day at work? A Russian soldier back in May of  last year, had a  day that he won't forget anytime soon. 

Hot mess: Russian soldier accidentally torches $500,000 army vehicle while cooking

https://www.rbth.com/lifestyle/327246-russian-soldier-accidently-torches-armored-vehicle

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #548 on: January 14, 2018, 04:35:28 AM »
Why Russian Marines are the best

https://www.rbth.com/science-and-tech/326844-why-russian-marines-are-best

So, bearing in mind the title of this thread, are you suggesting your article claims they are the best - in comparison with other parts of the RU military or  in the world ....  ?   Given they have had FAR less real action than - say US / US operatives ( being they haven't been in Ukraine - right ) ..I wonder ..
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #549 on: March 01, 2018, 02:31:06 PM »
Russia is now the  world's most dangerous nation..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-europe-43239331

Registration