The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: The Western Propaganda Thread  (Read 43917 times)

Online Tom Cat

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Online Tom Cat

Re: The Western Propaganda Thread
« Reply #1156 on: November 07, 2017, 06:32:16 PM »
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Online Tom Cat

« Reply #1157 on: November 16, 2017, 09:13:30 AM »

Russian-Appointed Judges In Occupied Crimea Convict Ukrainian As 'Saboteur'

https://www.rferl.org/a/ukraine-crimea-conviction-saboteur-occupation-russia/28857819.html

Online Tom Cat

Online Tom Cat

« Reply #1159 on: December 20, 2017, 08:23:41 PM »
Couldn't even finish this piece of :censored:

Spending 10 days inside Putin's Russia

http://abcnews.go.com/International/spending-10-days-inside-putins-russia/story?id=51892859

Offline Confederate

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #1160 on: December 20, 2017, 08:51:37 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/International/spending-10-days-inside-putins-russia/story?id=51892859

I thought it was a pretty good article. It’s hard to ignore that the AIDS crisis is worse in Russia due to a lack of education and resources.

Marina said the Russian government has damaged efforts to address this crisis, rejecting needle exchanges and free condoms as "Western practices." Just recently, Russia finally started running a large-scale anti-AIDS campaign, but it focuses on prevention through monogamy. Meanwhile, she said, people continue to die.

Online Tom Cat

« Reply #1161 on: December 21, 2017, 08:16:42 AM »

I thought it was a pretty good article. It’s hard to ignore that the AIDS crisis is worse in Russia due to a lack of education and resources.

Marina said the Russian government has damaged efforts to address this crisis, rejecting needle exchanges and free condoms as "Western practices." Just recently, Russia finally started running a large-scale anti-AIDS campaign, but it focuses on prevention through monogamy. Meanwhile, she said, people continue to die.

Pretty good???  You have 6 so called journalists spend 10 days in Russia and wrote nothing that has not been covered already many times over.
Western media bias, is an understatement, as there was nothing very positive said about Putin or Russia.

Just curious to know how much time you have spent in Russia?

Online msmoby

« Reply #1162 on: December 21, 2017, 10:42:56 AM »

Western media bias, is an understatement, as there was nothing very positive said about Putin or Russia.

Just curious to know how much time you have spent in Russia?

Clearly, you also don't spend enough time in Russia - same question to you ....  do you actually know any Doctors / Dentists / Nurses that work in the private / public sector in Russia ?

Online rosco

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #1163 on: January 26, 2018, 09:00:31 AM »
Another unhelpful article from one of the usual suspects, headline -"Russia could kill 'thousands' in UK power station attack, warns Defence Secretary".

https://news.sky.com/story/russia-could-kill-thousands-in-uk-power-station-attack-warns-defence-secretary-11222844

Like the BBC and a few other news stations famous for spreading propaganda, Sky have decided to inform us that Russia wants to attack/destroy/kill the UK and that they are our enemy. Sky beats this rather boring drum continuously and I often wonder;

1) What is the real agenda here? Selling news? Bidding for the MOD and Gov weapons contractors? Political propaganda? Humour?

and

2) Are there actually people out there who believe this shite? Sadly I can answer that one for myself and when I read things like and I quote "Russia's Vladimir Putin could launch a missile attack, it was said", I know there are idiots out there believing Russia are minutes away from an unprovoked attack.

I did laugh at the Russian defence ministers response to this pile of steaming horse shit of an example of journalism, which is in itself an insult to steaming horse shit;

Russia's defence minister responded by saying the comments showed he "has lost his understanding of what is reasonable".

Ministry spokesman Major General Igor Konashenkov claimed they were worthy of comedy sketch show Monty Python.

He added the remarks merited a medical checkup for Mr Williamson.

The Ministry of Defence declined to comment on Russia's reaction.

This is western propaganda and it needs calling out by every sane, sensible person under the sun. We've come to accept these bottom feeding journalists and their vile news outlets. Something needs to change before they actually get us all killed.  :'(

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #1164 on: January 26, 2018, 02:02:10 PM »
In more news:

Apparently ,the Dutchies secret service (AIVD) have apparently been spying on the Russian hackers group Cozy bear for a few years now.

And they apparently watched the 'russian collusion' unfold from a very close perspective.

(According to Dutch Main stream media).

Riiight.

1) IF it were true, they sure as hell wouldn't have leaked it to the press.

2) No need, 1 is proof enough that it is fake news.
You can change anything in life, but a BMW only for a BMW
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online Texan77

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #1165 on: August 10, 2018, 05:14:50 PM »
Putin. What is really happening here? Article says his popularity is dropping.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/the-kremlin-is-quaking-as-new-sanctions-multiply/ar-BBLJZvk?ocid=U218DHP

Online Wiz

• Greek Home Cookery
« Reply #1166 on: August 11, 2018, 09:46:31 AM »
Putin. What is really happening here? Article says his popularity is dropping.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/the-kremlin-is-quaking-as-new-sanctions-multiply/ar-BBLJZvk?ocid=U218DHP

Oh Dear Texan, obviously you have a problem understanding what is been written in the article, which basically is just blatant propaganda to cover up the economical (terrorist) war organised by the USA to destroy the Russian economy.

Russian papers, talk shows, and officials already were obsessing over the “Defending American Security from Kremlin Aggression Act” proposed in the U.S. Senate by Republicans as well as Democrats. So who is the aggressor Russia or the USA?

Aiming to punish Russia for alleged meddling in U.S. elections and deter it in the future, No evidence provided,

the bill promised to ban major Russian banks, freeze operations by Russian gas and oil companies, shut down Russian botnets, and investigate President Vladimir Putin’s personal wealth, among other measures. The only thing that the USA has not done is to invade Russia with Guns and Army...... because they can't as they know the Russian army and airforce will Fcuk the USA  everywhere they come face to face.

The ruble plunged: Because of the rumors and the speculators  it is now 66.5 to the dollar, the worst rate since 2016. Fear of massive new sanctions caused Aeroflot shares to drop by 11.4 percent and other stocks to take a nosedive, although by Thursday evening the market recovered its losses
HA HA HA remember my comments to Seasoned on the other thread ?

That is going on in your country and I am afraid the US public believe all these crap and daily are programmed by your MSM and accept them as REAL NEWS and can't think any further from their nose!

In an interview with The Daily Beast, Yevgeny Gantmakher, one of Russia’s leading economists, said there is a certain predictability about the Russian president’s reaction: “Over the last 18 years we have learned one thing about Putin: he does not bend under pressure.”

Wait and see who is going to have the last laugh and do learn to read more carefully and understand what is been written.!

If Russian banks stop dealing with $ Dollars, because of your sanctions, you can easily understand which way the world reserve currency will go! As about the Europeans be sure they will still buy gas from Russia because it's much cheaper, to protect their industries, its people and the markets......will not protect the Dollar.

They like making money!  :nod:

tiphat

PS: Wait and see with what comments our friend Moby will come out .... when his companion goes to sleep.
"If you enjoy eating healthy food, visit: www.greekcooking.uk